AA State Tourney Predictions

Jokur

Not taking anything from any school that is a participant in the tourney. I am however surprised not see a mention about South Gibson, Crockett, Dyersburg, or Westview for that matter....

South Gibson was selected to finish 4th in the region and they won the regular season title with 2 losses, and won the district tourney Monday night. By no means am I saying that any of the above mentioned teams should be favored to win it but I am however, surprised the teams have not been at least mentioned. 

I think there are 3 teams that are a tier above the rest. Any team to make the state tournament, and most that make sectionals/sub-state are good basketball teams. Sometimes even GREAT teams, or best team school ever had and so on. But there are always 1-3 elite teams. Those teams this year in AA in no particular order are;

J. South side 

Pearl Cohn 

Woodale 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea we didn’t play well that game or Haywood game. We then came back after I think only beating both teams by 7, 2nd go around we won by 25 in Bolivar & 15 or so in Haywood. I disagree on the guards, I think Bolivar has better guards! I have never seen him inside on offense. He only shot 3’s or a wide open layup. He is a junk player, if his teammates Miss he will clean you up on the offense rebound if you don’t box him out. 

Yeah okay...I dont think you have watched him....but you will see...if yall make it that far...there isnt a guy in the area with the skillset he has at that size

11 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

Yeah okay...I dont think you have watched him....but you will see...if yall make it that far...there isnt a guy in the area with the skillset he has at that size

I seen him at Briarcrest against the #2 team in the country Montverde & they had players ranked in the low #’s like 2, 12 & 30’s he looked very below average against a real team. I think he finished with 21 after Montverde cleated the bench. Heck I believe the water boy got in that night. They had a 30 point lead, no start played more than 20 minutes. If they make it that far mr Memphis! Memphis basketball is dwn this year! 

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

Not taking anything from any school that is a participant in the tourney. I am however surprised not see a mention about South Gibson, Crockett, Dyersburg, or Westview for that matter....

South Gibson was selected to finish 4th in the region and they won the regular season title with 2 losses, and won the district tourney Monday night. By no means am I saying that any of the above mentioned teams should be favored to win it but I am however, surprised the teams have not been at least mentioned. 

It’s crunch time now! We will see what 13AA is made of this weekend! Y’all humbled us last year, with SG pulling the upset of the year. You can reassure you this it will not happen this year. We are ready for that famous 1-3-1 zone! I hope turner is ready to get physical! 

1 hour ago, SayWhat said:

I seen him against a horrible craigmont team! He looked average at best against them as well! Maybe I caught him on a few bad days. I feel like he has been riding his brothers wave (name) for sometime now. Wooddale didn’t get that transfer in a the beginning of the year like they once thought, so it made them a average team instead of a superstar team without the recruit! Good luck tho the rest of the way Mr Memphis