Hardy Memorial forfeited to Clarkrange

Khall555

25 minutes ago, Indian said:

I can see that, and it's valid. But going to Hardy, Whitwell, and South Pittsburg aren't long trips (30-40 minutes). Play Whitwell on a Friday and that solves it. Van Buren is a long trip, once a season, but they go to Copper Basin and Tellico which are probably worse even with the time difference. If, at all possible, they should have more than 4 teams in districts. 

An hour and 12 to Van Buren and hour and 24 to copper and an hour and 30 to Tellico

6 hours ago, tman22 said:

Me either, I think getting away from c-range, Pickett and clay were bigger issues. 

I think this may be the real reason Lookout Valley wanted to be moved since they play a home-away vs 3 of the 4 teams in 5A. Better to play in a weaker Region than get eliminated in a blowout, I guess. 

It’s crazy that 6A has 8 teams in it and plays a District with 4 teams. The TSSAA should look at this and move some teams around IMO there should Not be less than 6 teams in a district if at all possible. 

On 2/26/2020 at 8:37 PM, yomomma81 said:

Don't know why they did, but to me this is part of a state issue. There is no reason why any district only has 4 teams in it and a team with a 1-27 record should never make a region tournament in the first place. I mean I dont think that I would have wanted to have drove that far to watch my child get embarrassed either, but they shouldnt have been able to do nothing in the regular season and make a region tournament.  

If i had to guess this is probably the reason. Why drive a good distance for that!?

16 hours ago, Khall555 said:

I think this may be the real reason Lookout Valley wanted to be moved since they play a home-away vs 3 of the 4 teams in 5A. Better to play in a weaker Region than get eliminated in a blowout, I guess. 

It’s crazy that 6A has 8 teams in it and plays a District with 4 teams. The TSSAA should look at this and move some teams around IMO there should Not be less than 6 teams in a district if at all possible. 

Clay County who is sitting at home is better than any team in 5A. This is ridiculous. I’d ban this school from post season play for a minimum of 5 years and suspend the coaching staff indefinitely. We now have arrived at “everyone gets a trophy” world and when we don’t we quit.  What a great way to live your life!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clay County who is sitting at home is better than any team in 5A. This is ridiculous. I’d ban this school from post season play for a minimum of 5 years and suspend the coaching staff indefinitely. We now have arrived at “everyone gets a trophy” world and when we don’t we quit.  What a great way to live your life!

T$$AA can't be happy.

52 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I agree in principle but if they do that then it’s a forfeit/bye situation every year for 5 years. If they have injuries preventing them from having 5 players  I could understand but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Play the game and learn from it to make yourself and team better next year. 

I venture to say that Jackson, Gordonsville, and Monterey are as good if not better that Hardy. There should just be a Regional Tournament with both Districts involved in this situation 8 teams in 6A is ridiculous when there is only 4 in 5A.