Region 7AA Tournament. Who you got?

WhereYouAt

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Moral of the story you can’t call that “T” in that moment! The reacted to a foul call by jumping up & down. That’s all he did smh it was horrible! I don’t believe it called in favor of North Side! I think it was equally called horribly each way, but it was fair! You say the “T” didn’t totally decide the game, I totally disagree! You go from up 2 to down 2 with the ball is a major swing! Especially in a low scoring affair like this game! I hate when refs are the deciding factor in these games! Let the players leave it all on the floor and whoever wins wins. I had no dog in the fight, but I hate to watch kids that left it all on the floor lose! Especially the underdog like North Side! And they was(is) our biggest rivalry! But on to our game Thursday it goes down! 

Wasn't at the game so didn't see it happen, but don't need to see it to draw the moral of the story.

Especially in high school, officials have an absurdly short leash for things they perceive as showing them up. In the NBA it takes a lot to get a tech, in high school it doesn't. Have to be very careful to not let your emotions put yourself in the situation that a technical can be called, especially in a close game. Easier said then done, but it is the lesson you have to learn. Additionally, a lot of times that call comes as a culmination of multiple reactions to foul calls throughout the game. The player might not have been too over the top, but if that official has dealt with complaining all night, it might just be the final straw.

You'd like to see the official swallow their whistle in that situation. Some do, some don't.

I really hate when fans put everything on the officiating. Whether or not you are getting calls, you've got to adjust and play through it. It's high school basketball, officials aren't going to be the best. Bad calls are going to be made. Some calls you think are bad are also actually the right call. Sadly, it is part of the game.  

A great night of basketball in Lexington. First game was very close. South Gibson did not impress at all. North Side had a chance to win the game. The official who called the technical foul decided the game in that moment. The rest of the game North Side got most of the close calls and that kept the game close at times. The officiating was not good. North side is not very skilled in ball handling and shooting. They are very athletic. South Gibson did not make shots, missed a lot of free throws. With that being said it was a very entertaining game but not great basketball.

Second game is a completely different story. The best game I have watched all year. Hats off to Dyersburg. They competed at a high level. South Side just has more players than Dyersburg. the bench was the difference in the game. When South Side went to the bench there really wasn't much of a drop off and when Dyersburg went to the bench the athletes just didn't match up. There were dunks, volley ball line threes, step back threes, pressure defense, etc... This game had it all. South Side is about 10 points better and won by that much.

I don't see South Gibson coming close to South Side. I think South Side wins by a bunch. 

I am glad I made the trip to Lexington. 

Side Note: the atmosphere was great and Lexington did a good job hosting. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

A great night of basketball in Lexington. First game was very close. South Gibson did not impress at all. North Side had a chance to win the game. The official who called the technical foul decided the game in that moment. The rest of the game North Side got most of the close calls and that kept the game close at times. The officiating was not good. North side is not very skilled in ball handling and shooting. They are very athletic. South Gibson did not make shots, missed a lot of free throws. With that being said it was a very entertaining game but not great basketball.

Second game is a completely different story. The best game I have watched all year. Hats off to Dyersburg. They competed at a high level. South Side just has more players than Dyersburg. the bench was the difference in the game. When South Side went to the bench there really wasn't much of a drop off and when Dyersburg went to the bench the athletes just didn't match up. There were dunks, volley ball line threes, step back threes, pressure defense, etc... This game had it all. South Side is about 10 points better and won by that much.

I don't see South Gibson coming close to South Side. I think South Side wins by a bunch. 

The sub state games should be very good good luck to all the teams

3 hours ago, SportsWestTN said:

Wasn't at the game so didn't see it happen, but don't need to see it to draw the moral of the story.

Especially in high school, officials have an absurdly short leash for things they perceive as showing them up. In the NBA it takes a lot to get a tech, in high school it doesn't. Have to be very careful to not let your emotions put yourself in the situation that a technical can be called, especially in a close game. Easier said then done, but it is the lesson you have to learn. Additionally, a lot of times that call comes as a culmination of multiple reactions to foul calls throughout the game. The player might not have been too over the top, but if that official has dealt with complaining all night, it might just be the final straw.

You'd like to see the official swallow their whistle in that situation. Some do, some don't.

I really hate when fans put everything on the officiating. Whether or not you are getting calls, you've got to adjust and play through it. It's high school basketball, officials aren't going to be the best. Bad calls are going to be made. Some calls you think are bad are also actually the right call. Sadly, it is part of the game.  

@SportsWestTN look at this gentlemen’s post! He hit it dead on! 

1 hour ago, WhereYouAt said:

@SportsWestTN look at this gentlemen’s post! He hit it spot on! Officials took the game from North Side! That’s all I am saying! I don’t like North Side so I am not biased to them in no way shape or form! 

1 hour ago, WhereYouAt said:

We are glad we entertained you! It wasn’t our best game, but we got the job done. We have never missed that many layups in 29 games as we missed last night from point blank range! I am glad we played from behind because it hasn’t happened much if any this year. It showed that we can play thru adversity! It was a great game! Dyersburg is a good team! 

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

We are glad we entertained you! It wasn’t our best game, but we got the job done. We have never missed that many layups in 29 games as we missed last night from point blank range! I am glad we played from behind because it hasn’t happened much if any this year. It showed that we can play thru adversity! It was a great game! Dyersburg is a good team! 

I'm not sure how many seniors those two teams have but they will both be good again next year unless they both graduate their top 7 players which is highly unlikely.

4 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

Me too! I only caught the last couple minutes of the first game but glad I made it to see game 2. Man, South Side is deep. I saw their girls Monday and they are kinda deep too. Dyersburg has some athletes and shooters but i think they were just out manned and it wore them down. Hopefully I get off work in time to see them tomorrow or Madison. Man, Jackson is representing.

So is who has the best athletic dept in Jackson? It looks like South Side is loaded. NS has some athletes but i dont know much about Liberty. They won a couple state championships when i was coming up, what about now?

40 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Me too! I only caught the last couple minutes of the first game but glad I made it to see game 2. Man, South Side is deep. I saw their girls Monday and they are kinda deep too. Dyersburg has some athletes and shooters but i think they were just out manned and it wore them down. Hopefully I get off work in time to see them tomorrow or Madison. Man, Jackson is representing.

So is who has the best athletic dept in Jackson? It looks like South Side is loaded. NS has some athletes but i dont know much about Liberty. They won a couple state championships when i was coming up, what about now?

Liberty is now a none factor. They are AAA now & no way they should be. I know it goes of enrollment, but with a new Madison & JCM hopefully they drop back dwn to AA 

2 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

I'm not sure how many seniors those two teams have but they will both be good again next year unless they both graduate their top 7 players which is highly unlikely.

We only graduate 2 that really plays. I think it’s actually 5. We are mostly juniors and sophomores. We was deeper than this well our tallest kid transferred. He went to Memphis East to only not play that much lol. A 7ft freshman at that! We also lost a 6’7 post player to another transfer to Lexington. He was a junior! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

3 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

We only graduate 2 that really plays. I think it’s actually 5. We are mostly juniors and sophomores. We was deeper than this well our tallest kid transferred. He went to Memphis East to only not play that much lol. A 7ft freshman at that! We also lost a 6’7 post player to another transfer to Lexington. He was a junior! 

Dburg has 4 seniors but Spivey is one of them. They will be competitive again next year but will have to develop another consistent scorer.

2 minutes ago, Dash said:

Dburg has 4 seniors but Spivey is one of them. They will be competitive again next year but will have to develop another consistent scorer.

I wish some of those tall kids would come to Dburg. We never have any size.