Region 7AA Tournament. Who you got?

WhereYouAt

14 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

What makes you think the game will not be better than the DBurg game? 

Honestly, I do not understand your logic. SGC has beat that team 3 times this year...

Break the press on offense and your shooters are on, I can see SG with a chance late... turn the ball over and allow SS to get into their transition game, and you can get blown out in a hurry. The Trojans would work hard for 3-4 minutes to get up four or five points, then give SS a 30 second run of six or eight off of turnovers. I don't think that the Hornets can afford those runs and stay in the game.

I'll be honest, the way that both (Dyersburg and South Gibson) teams looked last night not many would figure that SG could play with D'burg, but knowing the results of the season you have to give the Hornets the benefit of the doubt... if Coach Wilkins can set the pace of the game like last year, he just might get the same result.

9 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Break the press on offense and your shooters are on, I can see SG with a chance late... turn the ball over and allow SS to get into their transition game, and you can get blown out in a hurry. The Trojans would work hard for 3-4 minutes to get up four or five points, then give SS a 30 second run of six or eight off of turnovers. I don't think that the Hornets can afford those runs and stay in the game.

I'll be honest, the way that both (Dyersburg and South Gibson) teams looked last night not many would figure that SG could play with D'burg, but knowing the results of the season you have to give the Hornets the benefit of the doubt... if Coach Wilkins can set the pace of the game like last year, he just might get the same result.

That’s what I am saying! I mean I knew the season results, but somebody that wasn’t or hasn’t followed 13AA you could not tell them South Gibson beat Dyersburg 3 times already! No way but I follow so I knew that! 

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

Less than 24 hours from the game. Lets be honest folks. Most folks are getting the game that they want. 

I personally, did not think that SGC had a chance to make it this far into the season. Considering what was lost from last years team I simply used basic logic and didn't think it would happen. Coach Wilkins and company really surprised me. They have played pretty good ball this year and have proven they can play with some of the best teams in the state. Also, lots of people talking about loosing the the guards.... I get it. The boys we had last year playing the 1 and 2 were great.... But the boys we have playing it this year are no slack either. Both are great athletes and got a really late start to BBall because of FBall. 

Additionally, I know that on paper SSHS is favored to win it all, " has the hoopers ", has the tradition, and honestly has beaten everyone that stepped on the floor with them. I have not looked hard, but I can not find a chink in their armor. They can pretty much do it all.

I am by no means saying that SGC should be favored to win the game or we are going to win but I do think it is going to be a competitive game. I personally, think that SGC has played a tougher schedule than SSHS. I think this will be and advantage to the Hornets in a close game. Speaking of close games coach Wilkins and company have mastered the art of winning them in the past few years. 

No one gave SGC a chance to beat them last year, but SGC found a way to get it done. They won that contest by 5 in a relatively low scoring contest. I think the hawks only had 2-3 losses coming into that contest, and have zero coming into this one. 

In closing, I really hope that getting the refs from Memphis does not mean that its going to be street ball again on the court. I just want the refs to call a fair game and not make it biased towards 1 team or the other. Having Memphis refs letting street ball rules go will definitely help the hawks. Lets all just hope that we have a clean game that is decided by the players and coaches and NOT the refs! 

If you think South Side is favored to win it all, then I think you're in a treat for Monday night. Needless to say, this is not an "elimination game" but it is an elimination game in my book. Has South Gibson played a better and tougher schedule than South Side? Absolutely, but I can't carry weight regarding to South Side games against the Missouri teams, I'm referring to Tennessee teams only. I will say that District 13-AA is weak in both boys and girls basketball, and we need to do a better job in basketball, because it's top heavy and the bottom teams aren't relevant by any means. Wouldn't shock me if South Gibson wins though. Want to be successful in basketball? Just hire a Wilkins and stay patient. Give me SGC +8.

9 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If you think South Side is favored to win it all, then I think you're in a treat for Monday night. Needless to say, this is not an "elimination game" but it is an elimination game in my book. Has South Gibson played a better and tougher schedule than South Side? Absolutely, but I can't carry weight regarding to South Side games against the Missouri teams, I'm referring to Tennessee teams only. I will say that District 13-AA is weak in both boys and girls basketball, and we need to do a better job in basketball, because it's top heavy and the bottom teams aren't relevant by any means. Wouldn't shock me if South Gibson wins though. Want to be successful in basketball? Just hire a Wilkins and stay patient. Give me SGC +8.

We can’t help who is in our district! I wish they(TSSAA) would have left Bolivar & Fayette-Ware in 14AA! We can’t do nothing about it, so we control what we can! We go back to Memphis for the Ridgeway Thanksgiving tournament. Where we lost 2 of 3 to some very tough competition! So we go back this year & we beat everybody by 40 plus! We go back to Popular Bluff Christmas tournament(due to our weak district) played some tough teams. 

1st game we play a tough AAA Memphis Central team, they pressed us & played a heck of a game. It was close but them Mighty Hawks found a way to win! 

2nd game we played a decent AAAA home town team Popular Bluff! We was down  and found a way to fight back & won by 11! 

3rd game we play a AAAAAA SouthMoore team! They got  a Wofford signee 6’9 player that could play! Also they had another 6’7 player and some of the best guards we have faced 30 games into this season! We played from beyond and pulled out a 10 point win! They SouthMoore was the #1 team in Oklahoma! 

Also I will put my coach Fuller up against anybody in the state of Tennessee! 

South Side 64 

South Gibson 48

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

We can’t help who is in our district! I wish they(TSSAA) would have left Bolivar & Fayette-Ware in 14AA! We can’t do nothing about it, so we control what we can! We go back to Memphis for the Ridgeway Thanksgiving tournament. Where we lost 2 of 3 to some very tough competition! So we go back this year & we beat everybody by 40 plus! We go back to Popular Bluff Christmas tournament(due to our weak district) played some tough teams. 

1st game we play a tough AAA Memphis Central team, they pressed us & played a heck of a game. It was close but them Mighty Hawks found a way to win! 

2nd game we played a decent AAAA home town team Popular Bluff! We was down  and found a way to fight back & won by 11! 

3rd game we play a AAAAAA SouthMoore team! They got  a Wofford signee 6’9 player that could play! Also they had another 6’7 player and some of the best guards we have faced 30 games into this season! We played from beyond and pulled out a 10 point win! They SouthMoore was the #1 team in Oklahoma! 

Also I will put my coach Fuller up against anybody in the state of Tennessee! 

South Side 64 

South Gibson 48

Coach Fuller is good coach. Where will that game be at tonite

Congrats to South side! They proved tonight they absolutely deserve to be there. I wish them luck going forward. 

It seemed to me that if we could have played a half court game we would have probably won the contest. The problem with that is, SSHS transition defense is incredible. I have watch SGC play about 20 games this year and I have not seen a single team all year give us that much trouble in transition. Again, I tip my hat to the hawks. They played great and gave SGC fits trying to get ball across the time line. 

Additionally, I am glad that all of people that thought this game would: " not even be close " SSHS by however many they want " " why are they even going to play " " game will be over at halftime ".... Come on now.... give the Hornets just a little respect. 

As for my Hornets, very proud of you boys. Not a sole in the world ( outside of the locker room )  thought y'all would make it this far. Won the District, District tourney, and runner up in the region tourney! Proud of you guys! 

Good luck to both teams Monday night! 

GO HORNETS!!!

Congrats to South side! They proved tonight they absolutely deserve to be there. I wish them luck going forward. 

It seemed to me that if we could have played a half court game we would have probably won the contest. The problem with that is, SSHS transition defense is incredible. I have watch SGC play about 20 games this year and I have not seen a single team all year give us that much trouble in transition. Again, I tip my hat to the hawks. They played great and gave SGC fits trying to get ball across the time line. 

Additionally, I am glad that all of people that thought this game would: " not even be close " SSHS by however many they want " " why are they even going to play " " game will be over at halftime ".... Come on now.... give the Hornets just a little respect. 

As for my Hornets, very proud of you boys. Not a sole in the world ( outside of the locker room )  thought y'all would make it this far. Won the District, District tourney, and runner up in the region tourney! Proud of you guys! 

GO HORNETS!!!

South Gibson should be proud of their guys and their coach. Good game plan, and slowed the Hawks down as much as possible. I thought that the 1-3-1 zone was a terrible idea at the beginning of the game, but after giving up a few baseline lobs early, Wilkins adjusted it to compensate and it worked. The big problem was the two or three runs of back court turnovers that allowed SS to get into transition... they feed off of chaos, and SG lost their composure a couple of times that led to their downfall. Not knocking the SG kids either, South Side is awfully good at creating those situations, and lots of teams would have been blown out before steadying the ship. SG got down early and clawed their way back even, and that says a lot for their character and discipline.

23 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Did that tougher schedule work out for you tonight? 14AA take the crown & will keep it for some time! I will take my coach over whoever! Coach Fuller is here to stay! South Side plus 14 

GO HORNETS!!!