Region 7AA Tournament. Who you got?

WhereYouAt

1 minute ago, HawkGuy06 said:

That was true what he said tho lol 

I give credit where it's due, and I give South Side all the credit in the world... they play hard, they keep up the intensity for four quarters, and they have deep talent. I compare them to the past teams because the past teams are the standard when it comes to winning state titles, and none of the current area teams are close enough to the Hawks to gauge them against... nothing more, nothing less. I hope that you bring the gold ball back to Jackson, but I still don't think that the '19-'20 version is as talented as the past state winners... just an opinion, and it doesn't even matter.

11 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I give credit where it's due, and I give South Side all the credit in the world... they play hard, they keep up the intensity for four quarters, and they have deep talent. I compare them to the past teams because the past teams are the standard when it comes to winning state titles, and none of the current area teams are close enough to the Hawks to gauge them against... nothing more, nothing less. I hope that you bring the gold ball back to Jackson, but I still don't think that the '19-'20 version is as talented as the past state winners... just an opinion, and it doesn't even matter.

I understand lol I just get on here to mess with people. I watch a lot of basketball across Tennessee, I agree the talent is dwn across the state. Memphis really took a hit this year imo. It’s crunch time, so we taking it one game at a time and not overlooking anybody like we did last year 

I have been misunderstood. I did not mean to berate anybody. Everyone knows the competition is down is 2A hoops. My point is I don't think it is fair to compare this team to other teams because they don't control the talent level they compete against. I here all the time, would they beat past teams? That is an irrelevant conversation. they are undefeated in 2020 and deserve credit for that. Why compare them to past teams? It sort of takes away from their accomplishments in the present. I'm just saying they deserve credit for being where they are right now.

2 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

;-) probably right but surely there is a slipper that fits somewhere.

There's usually some "upsets" that disturb the order of seeding along the way, but Lexington making regional finals is a Buster Douglas type prediction... all in good fun though, I hope you don't think that there's any Ill will, just a lil' good natured prod here and there to keep it light.

Also, Dyersburg is an unknown right now. I won't go into details, but factors beyond their control have definitely shifted their focus. I'm sure that they'd appreciate it if everyone kept them in their prayers.

Edited by tradertwo

16 hours ago, tradertwo said:

There's usually some "upsets" that disturb the order of seeding along the way, but Lexington making regional finals is a Buster Douglas type prediction... all in good fun though, I hope you don't think that there's any Ill will, just a lil' good natured prod here and there to keep it light.

Also, Dyersburg is an unknown right now. I won't go into details, but factors beyond their control have definitely shifted their focus. I'm sure that they'd appreciate it if everyone kept them in their prayers.

Buster Douglas... LOL. You were right. I guess there are no slippers this year. the top seeds all moved on. Hate to hear about whatever is going on at Dyersburg. Any details?

1 hour ago, WhereYouAt said:

Buster Douglas... LOL. You were right. I guess there are no slippers this year. the top seeds all moved on. Hate to hear about whatever is going on at Dyersburg. Any details?

I'd rather not, as it's really not my place. I'm sure that if you check it won't take long to find information as it's not a secret, just a really bad occurrence for the whole community.

I'm comfortable with saying that there's been an untimely passing of a much beloved coach, teacher, and community leader.

Edited by tradertwo