Will greenfield win class A?

Ballin2020

34 minutes ago, lionsupport said:

Nobody is talking about history and tradition except the Gibson County fans.  Yes GC has a lot of both but to down play how great Greenfield has been all year is a disgrace.  I don't care for Greenfield but they had one of the best teams I have ever seen.  No reason to be offended by people saying they would have won the state if it had been finished.  GC played the best game they could play in the regional championship and still got beat 17 or 18.  Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of because Greenfield monkey stomped everybody but Loretto this year. I thought Loretto would have a chance if they played again but that isn't going to happen. GC fans talk about Dresden fans but they really need to take a good long look at themselves. 

All I see is Gibson County just firing back at fans making jabs at Gibson County and every other team that nobody could beat them on their best day. Greenfield is a great team and “ONE” of the best to come through here in a while, but to act like they are invincible is ludicrous. They wouldn’t have been guaranteed to beat GC’s 2016 team who was undefeated until the end and they got knocked out.

Edited by pioneer42

52 minutes ago, lionsupport said:

Nobody is talking about history and tradition except the Gibson County fans.  Yes GC has a lot of both but to down play how great Greenfield has been all year is a disgrace.  I don't care for Greenfield but they had one of the best teams I have ever seen.  No reason to be offended by people saying they would have won the state if it had been finished.  GC played the best game they could play in the regional championship and still got beat 17 or 18.  Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of because Greenfield monkey stomped everybody but Loretto this year. I thought Loretto would have a chance if they played again but that isn't going to happen. GC fans talk about Dresden fans but they really need to take a good long look at themselves. 

Thanks for making such a good level headed post.   Everybody knows GC has lots of tradition and still a good team but it’s so obvious to anyone and everyone that knows anything about basketball that the greenfield team this year is very special and in another league due to a few of their high caliber players like Darby and Moore    Every year is different with each schools team. 2019 was GC but this years  Greenfield team has just been phenomenal 

46 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

All I see is Gibson County just firing back at fans making jabs at Gibson County and every other team that nobody could beat them on their best day. Greenfield is a great team and “ONE” of the best to come through here in a while, but to act like they are invincible is ludicrous. They wouldn’t have been guaranteed to beat GC’s 2016 team who was undefeated until the end and they got knocked out.

Exactly..  mostly from Greenfield fans.  Claiming....GC would loose 10 out 10, curb stomped, 30 points in your own gym....might want to rethink that thought there Greenfield fans!

35 minutes ago, gcfan2 said:

Exactly..  mostly from Greenfield fans.  Claiming....GC would loose 10 out 10, curb stomped, 30 points in your own gym....might want to rethink that thought there Greenfield fans!

Thank you lion for your comments. These are not Greenfield fans these are Just local basketball fans who have watched Greenfield this year and realize what they are seeing. This is a special group of girls. I don’t understand why you are having so much problem to say this Greenfield team is a very special group of girls.

I am a Greenfield fan and I will not put pressure on our girls by stating how good they are but you seem to want to take away any praise for our girls. Gibson County has great tradition and always will, please let us enjoy this year because it may never happen again for us. 

5912C7F2-3C75-4253-9BD0-E987111380D2.png

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Hate they’re probably going to end up canceling. Looked like it was going to be a great tourney. Slightly amused at a couple of GC fans on here discussing the result of a championship  game between them and Greenfield. There is a game they’d have to play to set that matchup in motion. And the team they’d have to beat to get there is pretty good. Maybe they finish it out but I have no faith in the TSSAA to do the right thing. They never have. Good luck to all the remaining teams and players. Will be sad if that don’t get a chance to finish what they’d worked so hard to get. 

2 hours ago, lionsupport said:

Overall from top to bottom, our whole area is kind of down. Overall record has more to do with who you play instead of how good your record indicates. Greenfield has a great team and was the top team in 1A in our area this year, but don't be so foolishly blinded by your own team spirit that you don't recognize other good teams out there...in other parts of the state. They may not have perfect records, but their losses "typically" were to power house programs. I believe the Dresden fanbase and Greenfield fanbase are starting to become similar. I've been reading outrageous comments all year from certain Greenfield fans on here, talking about their greatness, and what they'd do to other teams, and even a lot of disrespectful talk towards other teams (unwarranted). I was pulling for GC to win it all and if we couldn't, then for Greenfield to win it. From my perspective of coacht (primarily football boards) and from my observation of the fans of sporting events at Dresden's games...they're the worst in our area (blaming others, blaming refs, plain ole' excuse makers). Just an honest observation. #truth

Edited by SuperFan14A
Spitting truth

32 minutes ago, 1MustangFan said:

Hate they’re probably going to end up canceling. Looked like it was going to be a great tourney. Slightly amused at a couple of GC fans on here discussing the result of a championship  game between them and Greenfield. There is a game they’d have to play to set that matchup in motion. And the team they’d have to beat to get there is pretty good. Maybe they finish it out but I have no faith in the TSSAA to do the right thing. They never have. Good luck to all the remaining teams and players. Will be sad if that don’t get a chance to finish what they’d worked so hard to get. 

GC not disrespecting Loretto at all and not predicting a championship game. Just responding back to a comment made that Greenfield would win 10 of 10 against GC. You know I get on here and try to respect every team. And Greenfieldfan you know I respect Greenfield and these comments are not directed to you by any stretch and these guys may not be Greenfield Fans but these guys that toot Greenfield’s horn and that’s OK to brag about Greenfield because they deserve some bragging on but at the same time you don’t brag on one and just disrespect and dog my team out. I am not going to listen to it. I got family on this team and when you take shots at family you are taking them at me.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

GC not disrespecting Loretto at all and not predicting a championship game. Just responding back to a comment made that Greenfield would win 10 of 10 against GC. You know I get on here and try to respect every team. And Greenfieldfan you know I respect Greenfield and these comments are not directed to you by any stretch and these guys may not be Greenfield Fans but these guys that toot Greenfield’s horn and that’s OK to brag about Greenfield because they deserve some bragging on but at the same time you don’t brag on one and just disrespect and dog my team out. I am not going to listen to it. I got family on this team and when you take shots at family you are taking them at me.

I agree with that. GreenfieldFan has taken it to the edge a couple of times, but that's alright. We're all very proud of our girls, but some of these posters on here are downright offensive and ignorant. I've got family that has been through our program and through Westview's program and I know how they go about their business. Discipline, humility, and respect...for themselves and others. That's why I "snap" back at times myself. 

14 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I agree with that. GreenfieldFan has taken it to the edge a couple of times, but that's alright. We're all very proud of our girls, but some of these posters on here are downright offensive and ignorant. I've got family that has been through our program and through Westview's program and I know how they go about their business. Discipline, humility, and respect...for themselves and others. That's why I "snap" back at times myself. 

Got to be humble in this world or you will get humbled real quick. 

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Thank you lion for your comments. These are not Greenfield fans these are Just local basketball fans who have watched Greenfield this year and realize what they are seeing. This is a special group of girls. I don’t understand why you are having so much problem to say this Greenfield team is a very special group of girls.

I am a Greenfield fan and I will not put pressure on our girls by stating how good they are but you seem to want to take away any praise for our girls. Gibson County has great tradition and always will, please let us enjoy this year because it may never happen again for us. 

5912C7F2-3C75-4253-9BD0-E987111380D2.png

Never said they weren't a special team.  Basketball can be a fickle game. Anything can happen when you "actually" play the game. Pioneer 42 said it best. During the Heather Butler days, or maybe a little  before her time I'm not sure (I'm old), GC went to the state tournament undefeated 31-0 best of my memory.  Played one game, got beat and went home. The fact remains,  the game has to be played.  Greenfield did have the most talented team there. It may not be all Greenfield fans on here posting "curb stomped ", "win 10 out of 10" (about GC I might add), all GC fans are saying,  is what I have been mentioning above. GC does have a rich history both in AA and A girls basketball.  I for one, make no excuses for that . I go way back to the 80's with GC girl's basketball.  I didn't graduate from GC , but my wife did. I'm just an avid sports fan. When people on here make insulting remarks like have been said about GC, I'm going to provide some facts and defend my team. There are student athletes on here. I guess we'll never know if Greenfield would have won the Gold Ball. Right now it's down To GC, Loretto, Clarkrange and Greenfield.  Any of which could have won it all. Greenfield definitely had the best chance of doing so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

Overall from top to bottom, our whole area is kind of down. Overall record has more to do with who you play instead of how good your record indicates. Greenfield has a great team and was the top team in 1A in our area this year, but don't be so foolishly blinded by your own team spirit that you don't recognize other good teams out there...in other parts of the state. They may not have perfect records, but their losses "typically" were to power house programs. I believe the Dresden fanbase and Greenfield fanbase are starting to become similar. I've been reading outrageous comments all year from certain Greenfield fans on here, talking about their greatness, and what they'd do to other teams, and even a lot of disrespectful talk towards other teams (unwarranted). I was pulling for GC to win it all and if we couldn't, then for Greenfield to win it. From my perspective of coacht (primarily football boards) and from my observation of the fans of sporting events at Dresden's games...they're the worst in our area (blaming others, blaming refs, plain ole' excuse makers). Just an honest observation. #truth

Perfectly said. Thank you!