TSSAA A Boys Bracket

kwc

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The TSSAA Boys First Round (Quarterfinals) are as follows with aqll games being played at MTSU:

Game 1:

Monteray (27-7) vs BTW (27-4) | Thursday, March 19 @ 1:15 PM

Game 2:

Hampton (26-10) vs Loretto (27-5) | Thursday, March 19 @ 2:45 PM

Game 3:

MAHS (21-8) vs Clay County (29-4) | Thursday, March 19 @ 4:30 PM

Game 4:

East Robertson (23-10) vs Oneida (28-7) | Thursday, March 19 @ 6:00 PM

26 minutes ago, kwc said:

The TSSAA Boys First Round (Quarterfinals) are as follows with aqll games being played at MTSU:

Game 1:

Monteray (27-7) vs BTW (27-4) | Thursday, March 19 @ 1:15 PM

Game 2:

Hampton (26-10) vs Loretto (27-5) | Thursday, March 19 @ 2:45 PM

Game 3:

MAHS (21-8) vs Clay County (29-4) | Thursday, March 19 @ 4:30 PM

Game 4:

East Robertson (23-10) vs Oneida (28-7) | Thursday, March 19 @ 6:00 PM

The two best districts in Class A face off against each other in round one. Sad but that’s the way it goes. Would have loved to have seen these in the semis but it is what it is as they say.  I’m calling it right now, BTW vs Clay in the championship game.  

Edited by UCSportsFan

On 3/10/2020 at 10:17 PM, coachzero said:

BTW vs MAHS will be the championship game.’

See MAHS at Union City topic 

Basically this is wishful thinking with not much knowledge of teams outside of Memphis. MAHS will not make it out of the 1st round. I will be surprised if BTW makes it to the championship game. Toss up with BTW, Loretto, Monterey 

Edited by MrMiyagi

4 hours ago, MrMiyagi said:

See MAHS at Union City topic 

Basically this is wishful thinking with not much knowledge of teams outside of Memphis. MAHS will not make it out of the 1st round. I will be surprised if BTW makes it to the championship game. Toss up with BTW, Loretto, Monterey 

If Loretto wins game 1, and they are healthy, they could shock a bunch of Memphis fans.

Douglass was thought of as untouchable all year 2 years ago.  Everyone was predicting they would beat us by 20+ points.  Memphis folk saw us with Loretto gear and told multiple of us at MTSU that we had no shot.

Douglass was faster than us, we were stronger and more technical.  We led pretty much the entire game and beat them in the Championship by 8 or 9.

I haven't seen BTW play this year, but be assured, we won't be scared of the challenge.

Wouldn’t give BTW the win against Monterey just yet. Could be bad but could also go to the wire if Monterey can knock down some treys. Those shots will be there. Like Douglass-BTW is fast but just like Douglass-BTW can’t hit the 3 consistently and relies a lot on offensive rebounds and turning you over. People don’t realize that Madison game was tied in the 4th qtr and the final score did not reflect that.

Loretto doesn’t have a cakewalk either though. Hampton will give them all they want for a while. If Loretto does get in a rhythm-finds a way to win & BTW does the same then this could be the best game of them all.

Loretto will always have 2 of the best players on the floor & that alone gives them more than a good shot to win.

54 minutes ago, MrMiyagi said:

Wouldn’t give BTW the win against Monterey just yet. Could be bad but could also go to the wire if Monterey can knock down some treys. Those shots will be there. Like Douglass-BTW is fast but just like Douglass-BTW can’t hit the 3 consistently and relies a lot on offensive rebounds and turning you over. People don’t realize that Madison game was tied in the 4th qtr and the final score did not reflect that.

Loretto doesn’t have a cakewalk either though. Hampton will give them all they want for a while. If Loretto does get in a rhythm-finds a way to win & BTW does the same then this could be the best game of them all.

Loretto will always have 2 of the best players on the floor & that alone gives them more than a good shot to win.

Loretto has at least three top tier players...Hampton will attempt to give them all they want for 4 qtrs. If we play, we'll have to see how it goes. I am concerned there will be a let down in play across the board due to next-to-empty stands 

Tssaa needs to reconsider there decision on the tournament. The teams feed off the energy from the fans. It’s not only the 6 parents that are allowed into the game that support a player or team, it’s fans that have supported the teams all year. Me personally I have supported a group of seniors all 4 years. And I know many fans haven’t missed a game this year , and o wait they can’t go support there favorite team in a state championship because it’s “family only” . I find it hard to believe they couldn’t move the tournament to a different weekends because we all know the TSSAA wants all the money they can get. Fans need to email /call the Tssaa office until they make a change. 

33 minutes ago, jjm70 said:

Tssaa needs to reconsider there decision on the tournament. The teams feed off the energy from the fans. It’s not only the 6 parents that are allowed into the game that support a player or team, it’s fans that have supported the teams all year. Me personally I have supported a group of seniors all 4 years. And I know many fans haven’t missed a game this year , and o wait they can’t go support there favorite team in a state championship because it’s “family only” . I find it hard to believe they couldn’t move the tournament to a different weekends because we all know the TSSAA wants all the money they can get. Fans need to email /call the Tssaa office until they make a change. 

You're trolling, right?

53 minutes ago, jjm70 said:

No I’m a pissed off  fan that has supported a group of boys for many years. Are you crazy  I’m not trolling get in your right mind buddy. TSSAA could take better actions 

You should be mad. The politicization of this situation is pathetic. Everyone needs to think about where this virus started and where America gets the overwhelming majority of their products.

You are telling people they can’t go watch their team play ball but it’s ok to rush to your local Wal-Mart and wade through that pack of morons to pick up whatever it is you need that was made in freaking CHINA and may or may not have the virus in it or on it.