Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

McKenzie having to play Summertown or Loretto to get to Murfreesboro won’t be fun. Definitely a tough path but they are definitely for real. Dyer County beat McKenzie by what 12 or 14 and GC beat Dyer County twice so you never know. McKenzie could win it all if they stay focused and don’t let any moment become too big for them. 

Yes we lost to Dyer County by 4 in a game that was a grind it out type of game. DC did a good job defensively on Davis and we weren't able to get open 3's. The thing that concerns me is that we have a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way with our toughest games against Huntingdon at home and West Carroll on the road. We have asked some other top single A/AA teams around the area if we could play us and they said no. We asked Westview if they wanted to play us and they said no; and we also asked Gleason and they said no as well. 

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Refs were beyond awful in that game for both teams. GC had two players foul out and Cantrelle only played about a quarter and a half maybe in that game and we had our 6th player out. 

Yes yall were hampered with foul trouble. You barely could hear the head referee's whistle lol. I cant remember if anyone for us fouled out or not?

3 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Yes we lost to Dyer County by 4 in a game that was a grind it out type of game. DC did a good job defensively on Davis and we weren't able to get open 3's. The thing that concerns me is that we have a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way with our toughest games against Huntingdon at home and West Carroll on the road. We have asked some other top single A/AA teams around the area if we could play us and they said no. We asked Westview if they wanted to play us and they said no; and we also asked Gleason and they said no as well. 

I think you guys can play with it whoever. Think Gibson County can play with whoever. Will be interesting for sure. I wouldn’t be surprised if either us or y’all won the Gold Ball. McKenzie wins district Region game will be played at McKenzie and that is a plus for McKenzie.

10 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I think you guys can play with it whoever. Think Gibson County can play with whoever. Will be interesting for sure. I wouldn’t be surprised if either us or y’all won the Gold Ball. McKenzie wins district Region game will be played at McKenzie and that is a plus for McKenzie.

I think the top 6 in single A can play with anyone in the state. I think the region is over in McKenzie this year... not sure if it will be played at Bethel due to covid tho. If all of our region games are at home, that will be an advantage for us, especially if fans are allowed. Our community is very proud and excited to see what this girls team can accomplish this season and over the next 4 years. Me and some of the girls parents were talking about this the other day... which matchup would be better for us in Region? We have already played Loretto twice but have never faced Summertown. Personally IDK... might have a guess after the Loretto and Summertown game Tuesday.

27 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

I think the top 6 in single A can play with anyone in the state. I think the region is over in McKenzie this year... not sure if it will be played at Bethel due to covid tho. If all of our region games are at home, that will be an advantage for us, especially if fans are allowed. Our community is very proud and excited to see what this girls team can accomplish this season and over the next 4 years. Me and some of the girls parents were talking about this the other day... which matchup would be better for us in Region? We have already played Loretto twice but have never faced Summertown. Personally IDK... might have a guess after the Loretto and Summertown game Tuesday.

New rule this year is whoever wins District Tournament will play Region at home at least first two rounds. If two district champions play you will probably play at home too because Region was at Wayne County last year.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

New rule this year is whoever wins District Tournament will play Region at home at least first two rounds. If two district champions play you will probably play at home too because Region was at Wayne County last year.

I see y’all took over that #1 spot! I know it means nothing if you don’t end #1  #https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/01/18/tssaa-girls-basketball-associated-press-statewide-poll/4205802001/

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I see y’all took over that #1 spot! I know it means nothing if you don’t end #1  #https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/01/18/tssaa-girls-basketball-associated-press-statewide-poll/4205802001/

Didn’t know that. I had rather us be 4 or 5. Our girls may never know that ranking is there. Sure won’t here it from the coach. 

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Didn’t know that. I had rather us be 4 or 5. Our girls may never know that ranking is there. Sure won’t here it from the coach. 

Yea I understand why he don’t tell them! I hope we remain #2 in AA until we face Upperman & then we will let the courts decide who is number 1 

14 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I understand why he don’t tell them! I hope we remain #2 in AA until we face Upperman & then we will let the courts decide who is number 1 

South Side plays their game they can beat anyone in the state. Take care of the ball and make a few shots they will be hard to beat because they are going to cause TO’s.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 9:25 PM, rebelman101 said:

We will not play at Bethel this year.  Region will be at higher seeds.  If two ones are playing, it will be our sides turn to host them.