Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

3 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

I disagree. Our second leading scorer Lilly Bennett is a senior and our top rebounder is a senior as well.  We have tremendous depth and folks that can play 1 through 5.  That win over Greenfield was statement win. Edie had about 8 to 9 turnovers against our press. 

Congratulations on a big win for McKenzie. Mckenzie has a good chance to go far. Please don’t try and belittle Edie Darby. She is one of the top players in west Tennessee, a class act and a great young lady.

I wasn't there so I asked the scorekeeper and just to set the record straight, she had two turnovers in the game.

Edited by Greenfieldfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

Greenfield lost 2 of the best players in the State of Tennessee and they're small with a very short bench. We've been spoiled over the last 3 or 4 years watching them, but every school goes through the cycles. McKenzie is a very good team and they're a tough over there. I'd like to see us play them again, somewhere down the road. They played a great game against us and they've got some players. UC will be a very dangerous team in a one and done scenario. UC has had some issues early on and they've played a couple of pretty good teams as well to acquire a few of those losses. If I had to chose to play Greenfield or UC, I'd rather see GF later on personally. 

Greenfield hadn’t played much and will be tough when it counts, IMO. I do think Covid has hurt them. Can’t play two or three games and skip two weeks. Same with Union City. They both will be ready if we play them. 

Edited by pioneer42

35 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Congratulations on a big win for McKenzie. Mckenzie has a good chance to go far. Please don’t try and belittle Edie Darby. She is one of the top players in west Tennessee, a class act and a great young lady. 

What in that post “belittled” her?  Just a statement that she had several turnovers...   I do think she is seeing some of the struggles of being the number one option instead of the 3rd.  Either way. She is definitely one of the top guards in west tn 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Union City and Greenfield have looked like big disappointments so far. UC is 4-7, and Greenfield is 6-5. Is it COVID-related or is it personnel issues????

Union City has already beaten Greenfield by 17, # 6 ranked Peabody by 23 and they play Gleason on Friday. Union City has played a very tough schedule with Covington, Westview x2, USJ, Dyersburg. Look for Union City to be in the thick of it heading into the State Tourney. They have a real shot at winning 13A and playing GC for the Regional Championship. 

4 hours ago, 1983 said:

Great win last night! You disagree that y’all will be favorites next season?  How many other seniors besides those two?  Is the leading scorer a freshman?  

No i just think that this year is our better chance, but we will have a great squad again next year. Thats the only two seniors. Yes leading scorer is Savannah Davis and she is a freshman.

3 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I wasn't there so I asked the scorekeeper and just to set the record straight, she had two turnovers in the game.

Not talking bad about her at all but the whole team had issues with our press.  Love the Darby family! 8 to 9 was a exaggeration. 

1 hour ago, purplengolduc said:

Union City has already beaten Greenfield by 17, # 6 ranked Peabody by 23 and they play Gleason on Friday. Union City has played a very tough schedule with Covington, Westview x2, USJ, Dyersburg. Look for Union City to be in the thick of it heading into the State Tourney. They have a real shot at winning 13A and playing GC for the Regional Championship. 

Union City scheduled tough and they will see the benefits of their tough schedule when tournaments start. Peabody has gotten better and other players have stepped up scoring wise to help CeCe Johnson. Dont see Greenfield beating them again, but we will find out friday on how Gleason will do. Gleason's offense runs through Anderson and it seems that she is putting up bigger and bigger scoring numbers as the season rolls on. Will be interesting to see how Gleason handles Bonds and Williams though. 

Gleason with a big win over Union City tonight 52-50. The Anderson kid from Gleason I knew was good but man has she really become more of a beast and gets the most improved player for the year, IMO. What a performance!! Union City didn’t play bad but just let a well coached and very fundamental Gleason Team hang around and got beat. Still think Union City is still working out the kinks but will be a major force in the end. But great win for Gleason and congratulations to the Anderson kid. What a performance. Unbelievable talent she has become!!

15 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Looks like Gleason is the #2 team in the region. 

The Anderson kid is really good but I think Greenfield’s other guards are better than Gleason’s personally and Gleason has a little post advantage. Right now  Edie and Anderson both will have to be double teamed for the most part. Greenfield and Union City still two really good teams that hasn’t found their groove just yet but will, IMO. They play us they will figure it out. 

Edited by pioneer42