Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

1 hour ago, maddams said:

Loretto is really good. It helps when you have the best player on the floor in every game you play. 
The top 4 in A are Clarkrange, Loretto, Gibson County, Summertown. No way to determine the order to rank them at this point.

I would rank them Clarkrange, Summertown, Loretto and Gibson County with McKenzie, Pickett County, Union City, Greenfield and Peabody right behind them. The reason I rank Gibson County 4th is because they are not as experienced but man they continue to amaze me the way they have played this year. They took a really experienced and good South Gibson team to the woodshed today that was playing lights out. I was shocked the way they blew them out of the gym by 35 like that. Single A is loaded this year.

Loretto lost some very good players from last years team, but based on what I'm seeing, I think we may be a better team this year.  We had a tough start with covid and no practices and then face Lebanon and  Upperman at the Lebanon tournament to start the season.  We hung with both, but no practices and legs going in the second half due to 2 weeks of doing nothing we learned a few things about this team.  These 2 teams will be among the best in the whole state when all is said and done.  We got good wins against a 1 loss Lawrence County team,  beat  Deshler, AL a top 4 A team, and last night beat 14-0 Belmont, Mississippi team ranked 3 in their state.  I think our starting 5 will open some eyes and we have 3 off the bench that contribute when called on.   This is a fun team to watch.  

23 hours ago, gogold said:

Loretto lost some very good players from last years team, but based on what I'm seeing, I think we may be a better team this year.  We had a tough start with covid and no practices and then face Lebanon and  Upperman at the Lebanon tournament to start the season.  We hung with both, but no practices and legs going in the second half due to 2 weeks of doing nothing we learned a few things about this team.  These 2 teams will be among the best in the whole state when all is said and done.  We got good wins against a 1 loss Lawrence County team,  beat  Deshler, AL a top 4 A team, and last night beat 14-0 Belmont, Mississippi team ranked 3 in their state.  I think our starting 5 will open some eyes and we have 3 off the bench that contribute when called on.   This is a fun team to watch.  

Loretto obviously has had some eye opening wins as well. Really really good teams. I do think on a normal year any of the Clarkange’s, Summertown’s, Loretto’s and Gibson County’s would be number 1 ranked AP teams and I might even throw Pickett County in there but I haven’t seen them play but know they have a lot of experience back. Powerhouse Single A teams. 

Gibson had a impressive win over South gibson.  But the few games prior they seem to be it somewhat of a slump.  Still only lost once but haven’t been as dominate.  Teams are keeping Madison hart out of the paint and they are trying to figure it out.   They are gonna need to other to step up to win it all. The young one will only get better though

3 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Gibson had a impressive win over South gibson.  But the few games prior they seem to be it somewhat of a slump.  Still only lost once but haven’t been as dominate.  Teams are keeping Madison hart out of the paint and they are trying to figure it out.   They are gonna need to other to step up to win it all. The young one will only get better though

I show somebody else on here talking about South Gibson. What is impressive about SG? We beat them by 30. Just curious to know, maybe I missed something when we played them

5 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Gibson County went through the motions I kind of agree the games before South Gibson. I do think Madison has been open a lot but they haven’t got her the ball as much. They had 4 or 5 in double figures Wednesday. Thing impressive about Gibson County is their defense is getting a ton better. They only allowed 34 to a South Gibson team that scored 83 against Bradford and in the 60’s I think against TCA. If GC keeps this up on defense and protects the ball like they can they will be tough to beat. 

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I show somebody else on here talking about South Gibson. What is impressive about SG? We beat them by 30. Just curious to know, maybe I missed something when we played them

South Gibson has talent. They don’t have a winning culture. Difference between expecting to win and hoping to win especially playing the elite teams.  Problem with them is they look at the South Side jerseys and the Gibson County jerseys before the games and get mesmerized. Kinda like TN does in football before they play Florida. Beat before they tip it off.

37 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

South Gibson has talent. They don’t have a winning culture. Difference between expecting to win and hoping to win especially playing the elite teams.  Problem with them is they look at the South Side jerseys and the Gibson County jerseys before the games and get mesmerized. Kinda like TN does in football before they play Florida. Beat before they tip it off.

Ok I guess I understand that! I seen a few more ppl talking like that was a good win. 

24 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Ok I guess I understand that! I seen a few more ppl talking like that was a good win. 

By 35 is a good win after they handled TCA by 10 or 12 the day before and scoring 83 the day before against Bradford. Holding them to 34 points was a dominant defensive performance.