Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Do think Huntingdon will get better and might give McKenzie a run later in year. They have talent and are well coached. Gleason is a team that could make noise as well and could give Greenfield or Union City a run as well as a mostly senior Peabody squad that could make noise. I agree with your post but these are just teams that could be dark horses.

Huntingdon has a long way to go. They have no flow to their game right now. Fillies are young though with a solid group of young players plus a nice group of middle schoolers coming up. They should be pretty competitive the next 6 to 7 years. Lots of talent in middle school.

22 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Do think Huntingdon will get better and might give McKenzie a run later in year. They have talent and are well coached. Gleason is a team that could make noise as well and could give Greenfield or Union City a run as well as a mostly senior Peabody squad that could make noise. I agree with your post but these are just teams that could be dark horses.

Well, they have the talent, but it looks like Wilkins has given up on them this year. Pretty frustrating to watch.

Edited by Waker

30 minutes ago, Waker said:

Well, they have the talent, but it looks like Wilkins has given up on them this year. Pretty frustrating to watch.

Still early. Huntingdon players and parents need to buy in to playing girls basketball at a high level and putting in a lot of time and effort because that is the way he rolls. If the players and parents get serious about it, they will be good for a while. He is a really good coach and is a no-nonsense guy that is basketball 365 days a year.

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, Waker said:

Disagree. Their talent is down compared to the last couple years. They also added several new players in a year with minimal summer and preseason practice. Wilkins is a good coach that Huntingdon is lucky to have

16 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

I couldn't believe the score when I saw it but how did Peabody beat Arlington? Single A beating a AAA state tournament contender is huge for their program. Peabody has Westview tomorrow and I think that will be a fun one to watch. It will be live on the Westview High School Facebook page. 

What happend to McKenzie at the Huntingdon Tournament?? I was expecting another GC McKenzie game. 

3 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

Has anyone played as tough as a schedule as Summertown has yet? To date, SHS is 11-3. Their 3 losses are to Stewarts Creek, Coffee Co, and Oakland. They have played 8 teams at the AAA level. I personally feel like the bigger schools competition will certainly pay off down the road. Thoughts....

Summertown controls their TO’s they have a good a shot as any to win the Gold Ball. They had a bunch of TO’s against Gibson County in 2019 in Murfreesboro and they had a bunch against Huntingdon last year in the Region Semis. You can’t turn it over and win the state especially with teams like Clarkrange who thrives off of it. I like Summertown a lot. I like the way they play and their program. Just have to handle the ball a little better and they will win a Gold Ball.

9 hours ago, Vandychris said:

Has anyone played as tough as a schedule as Summertown has yet? To date, SHS is 11-3. Their 3 losses are to Stewarts Creek, Coffee Co, and Oakland. They have played 8 teams at the AAA level. I personally feel like the bigger schools competition will certainly pay off down the road. Thoughts....

Summertown has played a really strong schedule, but you could definitely make an argument for Clarkrange.  Clarkrange has played Macon County, Cookeville, Stone Memorial, White County, and the Webb School.  

Both teams should be in the mix at the end of the year