Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

I don't think Wilkins has quit on his team. His main problem is parents that don't have a clue what it takes to win.

Huntington’s parents has to realize if you want to win in basketball around here and statewide you have to practice and work 365 24/7. Not so sure Huntingdon’s parents are 110% committed to basketball. 

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Better be on A game to beat Summertown in first round cause you know that’s the way the draw will probably be lol 

I agree. Summertown will be tough. Gibson County is starting to get better defensively. They blew out a really good South Gibson team today by 35 points and only allowed 34 points to a team that scored 83 two days ago against Bradford and beat TCA by 10 or so yesterday. Lot of good teams this year in Single A. Hope we get to play it out. Will be some huge games.

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I don't think Wilkins has quit on his team. His main problem is parents that don't have a clue what it takes to win.

I haven’t heard the parents complain. The reason I said that is things I observed in Scott’s Hill and Dresden. 

Edited by Waker

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Huntington’s parents has to realize if you want to win in basketball around here and statewide you have to practice and work 365 24/7. Not so sure Huntingdon’s parents are 110% committed to basketball. 

Fillies have been to state tourney 3 out of last 4 years so we are use to winning a lIttle.  I do  agree the commitment level has gone up. Don’t forget Huntingdon is traditionally strong at girls softball also so that has a factor on basketball as well.  Many of the same players are playing both.

2 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Fillies have been to state tourney 3 out of last 4 years so we are use to winning a lIttle.  I do  agree the commitment level has gone up. Don’t forget Huntingdon is traditionally strong at girls softball also so that has a factor on basketball as well.  Many of the same players are playing both.

It don't seem to bother Summertown!

15 minutes ago, 1MustangFan said:

Loretto girls played 3 games this week in the North Alabama Christmas tourney. Beat AL class 4A’s #1 team Deshler 70-41, Lexington , AL 78-41 and beat a 14-0 Belmont, MS team 59-46. 
Not bad for a squad who has been extremely limited in practice time on a couple of occasions due to COVID restrictions. 

Loretto is really good. It helps when you have the best player on the floor in every game you play. 
The top 4 in A are Clarkrange, Loretto, Gibson County, Summertown. No way to determine the order to rank them at this point.