Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Prayers sent to the son and family and for the Westview PG. South Gibson is a good post player from being a real good team. They have athletes and shooters. Do think if they press a bunch and handle the ball they are really dangerous. They have a lot of athletes on that team. 

Prayers for the coaches son! And prayers for Jada 

4 hours ago, SportsWestTN said:

There is a lot that needs to happen for South Gibson to get to the point they can consistently compete with South Side, not saying they are there right now. However, they have the pieces on the team to get there. There is enough potential coming through that program that they can compete with anyone, but they have to develop and utilize it properly; and at this point, that's the biggest question mark. South Side will be for sure the team to beat, and for good reason, but if they play their cards right don't sleep on SGC, especially down the road.

Ok I will be watching! 

4 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Ok. Outside of Hurst what else do they have? They look slow to me, but I haven’t seen them in person due to Covid! I seen them on Facebook live nothing about them says state championship but I could be wrong 

I watched them last year in the first round against Gatlinburg Pitman at state. Best of my memory they were taller athletic players not super fast but fundamentally sound. They were projected to play Westview the next round and most people I know if there was a Vegas line would have it a pickem game, IMO. Not many teams will match up quickness with South Side, but they say they are really good this year, but then again Upperman is solid every year so nothing new there. They all good when they get to Murfreesboro just got to beat them, right??

Just now, pioneer42 said:

I watched them last year in the first round against Gatlinburg Pitman at state. Best of my memory they were taller athletic players not super fast but fundamentally sound. They were projected to play Westview the next round and most people I know if there was a Vegas line would have it a pickem game, IMO. Not many teams will match up quickness with South Side, but they say they are really good this year, but then again Upperman is solid every year so nothing new there. They all good when they get to Murfreesboro just got to beat them, right??

Yea I guess I am saying I don’t see them better than the elite AAA teams! Somebody on here said they was the team in the state no matter the class. I know the Upperman program has also been a great program, and having a great coaching staff don’t hurt! And yea when you get to Murfreesboro all 8 teams are usually good, the best don’t always make it. 

29 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I guess I am saying I don’t see them better than the elite AAA teams! Somebody on here said they was the team in the state no matter the class. I know the Upperman program has also been a great program, and having a great coaching staff don’t hurt! And yea when you get to Murfreesboro all 8 teams are usually good, the best don’t always make it. 

Just an opinion. Upperman beat a good Macon County team that was impressive obviously and are undefeated. Any body can be beat any given game no matter what. 

35 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Well, Upperman beat the number 1 ranked team in AAA by about 20 points. I would say that is beating an elite team