Sullivan North,South,Central

wow1029

43 minutes ago, kingindian33 said:

Just read that DB could be getting a highly recruited running back out of Clintwood VA due to VA not playing until late/ at all ! Florida , Penn State , TN and many other schools hot on his trail 

Kind of a risky move with the unknown but I'd sure like to see such an athlete playing for the Tribe.

49 minutes ago, kingindian33 said:

Just read that DB could be getting a highly recruited running back out of Clintwood VA due to VA not playing until late/ at all ! Florida , Penn State , TN and many other schools hot on his trail 

I suppose if colleges are already onto him it doesn't matter, but if I was him I would at least consider transferring to Elizabethton, they have a very legit chance of winning the state in 4A.       No offense, but DB's season will end where it always does in round 3.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I suppose if colleges are already onto him it doesn't matter, but if I was him I would at least consider transferring to Elizabethton, they have a very legit chance of winning the state in 4A.       No offense, but DB's season will end where it always does in round 3.

Green would be a better color . I don't know how many times DB has made it to round 3 in the last several years but do see what your reference is being that Maryville will be somewhere in those first three rounds.

1 hour ago, kingindian33 said:

You are talking about Trenton Adkins, Clintwood and Haysi combined to form Ridgeview Wolfpack. If none of yall seen this kid yet go ahead an Google him, he's special. If this rumor ends up being true then maryville, Oakland and dobyns Bennett easily the best three teams in 6a.

13 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

You are talking about Trenton Adkins, Clintwood and Haysi combined to form Ridgeview Wolfpack. If none of yall seen this kid yet go ahead an Google him, he's special. If this rumor ends up being true then maryville, Oakland and dobyns Bennett easily the best three teams in 6a.

the Indians offense would be unstoppable with that addition. against any defense. Whitson passing would be wide open and so would his running. 

Prob a long shot for it to happen but it would be great.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

You think this would be better than the 2012 DB team?

Either way just like in 2012,DB will need Maryville to hand them a gift or two and not give it back the next time.Wouldn't hurt anything for the Rebs to have one of those down years where they lose a game or two.

3 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

the Indians offense would be unstoppable with that addition. against any defense. Whitson passing would be wide open and so would his running. 

Prob a long shot for it to happen but it would be great.

https://www.timesnews.net/sports/ridgeviews-adkins-considering-transferring-to-dobyns-bennett-or-pikeville-ky/article_9f7c6e52-d1d3-11ea-84d3-e3e99c68402c.html

I'm just hoping he lands down in kingsport 

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

You think this would be better than the 2012 DB team?

Blazer that 2012 db team was great, the thing that hurt them was swafford and foreman did everything offensively for them and then turned around and played defense, kick return and punt return, midway during the 3rd quarter against maryville they had nothing left. Trenton Adkins doesn't play defense, he's strictly offense and with him we're no longer talking d1 this is NFL material.

4 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

Blazer that 2012 db team was great, the thing that hurt them was swafford and foreman did everything offensively for them and then turned around and played defense, kick return and punt return, midway during the 3rd quarter against maryville they had nothing left. Trenton Adkins doesn't play defense, he's strictly offense and with him we're no longer talking d1 this is NFL material.

I was at that 2012 Maryville game, DB had equal talent but got badly out coached.   Maryville defense perfectly schemed against the dynamic duo.     Initially thought DB might take it, but on the first play from scrimmage Maryville's running back goes about 85 yards untouched.   At that point I knew it was over.

6 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I was at that 2012 Maryville game, DB had equal talent but got badly out coached.   Maryville defense perfectly schemed against the dynamic duo.     Initially thought DB might take it, but on the first play from scrimmage Maryville's running back goes about 85 yards untouched.   At that point I knew it was over.

I was thinking Maryville fumbled on the first play deep in it's own end and then DB turned right around and fumbled it back .

8 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

I was thinking Maryville fumbled on the first play deep in it's own end and then DB turned right around and fumbled it back .

Maryville fumbled the opening kickoff, DB ran one play and fumbled it right back, on the next play Maryville's guy goes 85 yards.    So yeah you are actually more right than I was initially