Carter County football shut down for 2 weeks

Tab

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Check the 10 commandments and tell me which churches go by it. Those seem pretty important to me.

Well we sure try! God's NT sabbath is on Sunday and we don't forsake that either.  Now if you're trying to find a gathering of perfect people, GOOD LUCK but we abide by the word 

8 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Well we sure try! God's NT sabbath is on Sunday and we don't forsake that either.  Now if you're trying to find a gathering of perfect people, GOOD LUCK but we abide by the word 

Not speaking of any gathering, just the actual teaching of the 10 comandments. Should we be allowed to steal from some,should we kill some. Thats not the way I read it. The words are pretty specific. Religion all over the earth has been guilty of some of the most horrific events in history. Pretty sure this is not from a Loving God.His teachings are quite to the contrary.

Edited by pujo

7 minutes ago, pujo said:

Not speaking of any gathering, just the actual teaching of the 10 comandments. Should we be allowed to steal from some,should we kill some. Thats not the way I read it. The words are pretty specific. Religion all over the earth has been guilty of some of the most horrific events in history. Pretty sure this is not from a Loving God.

To my knowledge Christ's Church has never supported nor been a part of such. Just because "some" organizations have claimed to be His church sure doesn't mean they are. Just because some say they're Christian sure doesn't mean they are either. The USA isn't His church...His Church started in Jerusalem and God knows some from that area have committed awful acts, but Jerusalem isn't His Church either. The Church is a living organism,  His body and He's the head. Countries and Govts pale in comparison to His Church. 

8 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

To my knowledge Christ's Church has never supported nor been a part of such. Just because "some" organizations have claimed to be His church sure doesn't mean they are. Just because some say they're Christian sure doesn't mean they are either. The USA isn't His church...His Church started in Jerusalem and God knows some from that area have committed awful acts, but Jerusalem isn't His Church either. The Church is a living organism,  His body and He's the head. Countries and Govts pale in comparison to His Church. 

I like.  Yeah the actual Church is from one end of the other to the other.  Its the people who adhere to the word of God.

7 minutes ago, lawnman said:

I am pretty agreeable...lol...But I believe we go by the New Testament just like uKnoit2.I actually watch uKnoit2 show all the time and respect him a lot.

I appreciate that lawnman!! Its A LOT easier to teach the Bible like its written vs adding and taking away from the Word to match up with what a person or group believes. Jesus said He came to build "His" Church yet there's over 1400 beliefs that claim Christ...whether or not the belief matches up with the Word, in its entirety, is what matters.  1st John says if anyone claims to know the Lord and isn't obedient to His word, he's a liar. Strong words but it tells me a person's "belief" doesn't mean bull if it doesn't line up with all the Word.

• Like 1