Who is in, who is out

MannBlue

1 hour ago, crow said:

So if it’s a region game you get a win for seeding purposes and if you schedule a replacement game on the same week with a non region opponent and win you get two wins. Let’s say this happens twice in a season. Then you go undefeated and win a championship. You would have played 15 games but would be 17-0. Or say you lose the replacement games you would be 15-2. These scenarios could potentially get crazy!

That’s the way I read it the first time but after reading it more I think a region cancellation counts as a win so in the region you would go 5-0 instead of 4-0.  Overall this will put you at 10-0 instead of 9-0.  However if you replace it with a non region team, then you still keep the 5-0 in the region, but the win overall will be replaced with either the win/loss from the replacement outcome, if you choose to replace.  Same goes for the non-region scenario.  Sounds to me if a team was solely looking for the guaranteed W that they’d be better off to not replace the game.  

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

2 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

That’s the way I read it the first time but after reading it more I think a region cancellation counts as a win so in the region you would go 5-0 instead of 4-0.  Overall this will put you at 10-0 instead of 9-0.  However if you replace it with a non region team, then you still keep the 5-0 in the region, but the win overall will be replaced with either the win/loss from the replacement outcome, if you choose to replace.  Same goes for the non-region scenario.  Sounds to me if a team was solely looking for the guaranteed W that they’d be better off to not replace the game.  

This reads to me as it’s a guaranteed region win and only the overall standings as in season would be affected by a replacement game  I guess I would just like clarification on the scenario we’re talking about because it’s not entirely clear at this point. It looks to me that it’s at least possible to get either 2 wins or a region win and an overall loss in the same week. I understand most are probably just as confused as I am but if someone in the know can clarify that would be great  

If the school that could have played does replace
the game with another opponent on the same week it was originally scheduled to
occur, the school receives a Region win in the standings and the outcome of the
game will be used in the overall standings.

8 minutes ago, crow said:

This reads to me as it’s a guaranteed region win and only the overall standings as in season would be affected by a replacement game  I guess I would just like clarification on the scenario we’re talking about because it’s not entirely clear at this point. It looks to me that it’s at least possible to get either 2 wins or a region win and an overall loss in the same week. I understand most are probably just as confused as I am but if someone in the know can clarify that would be great  

If the school that could have played does replace
the game with another opponent on the same week it was originally scheduled to
occur, the school receives a Region win in the standings and the outcome of the
game will be used in the overall standings.

I don’t see how you get 15-2 or 17-0.  A region game that gets cancelled results in a region win, and the overall win depends on if you choose to replace a game, then the overall record ONLY depends on the outcome of the replacement game.  You don’t get the cancelled win in the overall column if you choose to replace a cancelled game.  Your overall record is based on games played, unless you don’t replace a game then you get a win for not replacing it.  So you are still technically only playing 10 games with replacement games.  So your overall record will never be more than the 10 games played for regular season.  You don’t automatically get a win overall If you choose to replace the game.  You only get what the outcome of the replaced game is.  

1 hour ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I don’t see how you get 15-2 or 17-0.  A region game that gets cancelled results in a region win, and the overall win depends on if you choose to replace a game, then the overall record ONLY depends on the outcome of the replacement game.  You don’t get the cancelled win in the overall column if you choose to replace a cancelled game.  Your overall record is based on games played, unless you don’t replace a game then you get a win for not replacing it.  So you are still technically only playing 10 games with replacement games.  So your overall record will never be more than the 10 games played for regular season.  You don’t automatically get a win overall If you choose to replace the game.  You only get what the outcome of the replaced game is.  

It says you get a region win AND the outcome of the replacement game will be recorded in the overall record. And, as in plus or in addition to. So if I replace a game and lose I still get a region win but the loss is recorded for the overall standings. 

44 minutes ago, crow said:

It says you get a region win AND the outcome of the replacement game will be recorded in the overall record. And, as in plus or in addition to. So if I replace a game and lose I still get a region win but the loss is recorded for the overall standings. 

I see what you are saying now, but I think it’s meant to say and/or.