Who is in, who is out

MannBlue

28 minutes ago, pujo said:

Actually this disappearing thing is not out of the question, my guess is nearly everyone has been exposed to this. Now it may come back again in the fall but we've done very little to stop the spread. Just a thought.

Yeah I’d say most have been exposed by now. 

1 minute ago, crow said:

Yeah I’d say most have been exposed by now. 

Yeah at the rate it was spreading, if everyone could get it,the #s would be getting MUCH worse every single day. Then again ,we have to rely on whatever anyone tells we,we actually know very little . Seems like this virus has toooooooooo many varying symptoms. If you're toe hurts ,you have it,if you're big toe hurts ,you're in trouble. If you're old,say good bye.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Yeah at the rate it was spreading, if everyone could get it,the #s would be getting MUCH worse every single day. Then again ,we have to rely on whatever anyone tells we,we actually know very little . Seems like this virus has toooooooooo many varying symptoms. If you're toe hurts ,you have it,if you're big toe hurts ,you're in trouble. If you're old,say good bye.

And a lot of folks get sick, get better and never get tested. Others die of something completely unrelated but gets counted because they were supposed to be positive even if they had no symptoms. Just gotta use our heads and be as careful as you feel you should be for you and yours I believe. 

Just now, crow said:

And a lot of folks get sick, get better and never get tested. Others die of something completely unrelated but gets counted because they were supposed to be positive even if they had no symptoms. Just gotta use our heads and be as careful as you feel you should be for you and yours I believe. 

In you're field,I'd say you are smarter than most.  As for me, I'm not going to hide in the closet but I'll respect others and follow the rules unless they go overboard. 

7 minutes ago, crow said:

I'm hearing of a ton of people who have it but the symptoms vary a lot. Seems it a catch all at this point.

From our guys at Friday Main Event in case there are still some questions about COVID wins/losses/no contests

Cancellation of Contests due to COVID 19
Games cancelled due to COVID 19 shall be treated as follows:
Football - TSSAA Regulations require teams to play a district/region schedule for playoff
purposes. Regular season standings and the building of postseason brackets are done
by TSSAA staff which creates the need for consistency on how cancellations are
handled. Therefore, the following procedures are in place when a team is unable to play
due to a COVID 19 outbreak or school system mandate.
1. Region Game- The game will go on record as a no contest for the school that is
unable to play due to the outbreak or school system mandate. The school that
could have played will receive a region win and overall win in the standings if the
school can not replace the game with a new opponent on the same week it was
originally scheduled to occur. If the school that could have played does replace
the game with another opponent on the same week it was originally scheduled to
occur, the school receives a Region win in the standings and the outcome of the
game will be used in the overall standings.
2. Non Region Game- The game will go on record as a no contest for the school
that is unable to play due to the outbreak or school system mandate. The school
that could have played will receive a win in the overall standings if the game is
not replaced. If the school that could play does replace the game with another
opponent, the outcome of the game will be used in the overall standings.

40 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

From our guys at Friday Main Event in case there are still some questions about COVID wins/losses/no contests

Cancellation of Contests due to COVID 19
Games cancelled due to COVID 19 shall be treated as follows:
Football - TSSAA Regulations require teams to play a district/region schedule for playoff
purposes. Regular season standings and the building of postseason brackets are done
by TSSAA staff which creates the need for consistency on how cancellations are
handled. Therefore, the following procedures are in place when a team is unable to play
due to a COVID 19 outbreak or school system mandate.
1. Region Game- The game will go on record as a no contest for the school that is
unable to play due to the outbreak or school system mandate. The school that
could have played will receive a region win and overall win in the standings if the
school can not replace the game with a new opponent on the same week it was
originally scheduled to occur. If the school that could have played does replace
the game with another opponent on the same week it was originally scheduled to
occur, the school receives a Region win in the standings and the outcome of the
2. Non Region Game- The game will go on record as a no contest for the school
that is unable to play due to the outbreak or school system mandate. The school
that could have played will receive a win in the overall standings if the game is
not replaced. If the school that could play does replace the game with another
opponent, the outcome of the game will be used in the overall standings.

So if it’s a region game you get a win for seeding purposes and if you schedule a replacement game on the same week with a non region opponent and win you get two wins. Let’s say this happens twice in a season. Then you go undefeated and win a championship. You would have played 15 games but would be 17-0. Or say you lose the replacement games you would be 15-2. These scenarios could potentially get crazy!

16 minutes ago, crow said:

So if it’s a region game you get a win for seeding purposes and if you schedule a replacement game on the same week with a non region opponent and win you get two wins. Let’s say this happens twice in a season. Then you go undefeated and win a championship. You would have played 15 games but would be 17-0. Or say you lose the replacement games you would be 15-2. These scenarios could potentially get crazy!

This is still vague.If you get the win from a cancellation but replace that game and lose do you still count the cancellation "win" or do you get the loss of the replacement?I personally think if you replace that game you should roll with the outcome of the replacement.But if it's a region cancellation it would have to be used for region seeding.Yep this could get wierd!I would say the replacement game doesnt count for your record.

Edited by orngnblk

8 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

This is still vague.If you get the win from a cancellation but replace that game and lose do you still count the cancellation "win" or do you get the loss of the replacement?I personally think if you replace that game you should roll with the outcome of the replacement.But if it's a region cancellation it would have to be used for region seeding.Yep this could get wierd!I would say the replacement game doesnt count for your record.

From above:

If the school that could have played does replace
the game with another opponent on the same week it was originally scheduled to
occur, the school receives a Region win in the standings and the outcome of the

Looks like both count reading the whole thing if you replace anyway. 

18 minutes ago, crow said:

If it happens in playoffs it's a bye for the team that can play and the team with a Covid cancellation gets DQ'd.If both teams cant play in reg season because both have cases it's a no contest for both.We could see some teams win regions that couldnt make the playoffs in a reg year.lol

1 minute ago, crow said:

From above:

If the school that could have played does replace
the game with another opponent on the same week it was originally scheduled to
occur, the school receives a Region win in the standings and the outcome of the

Looks like both count reading the whole thing if you replace anyway. 

Yep,that's why I say wierd.Your scenario about 15-2 could happen.SMH

7 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yep,that's why I say wierd.Your scenario about 15-2 could happen.SMH

It’ll be interesting. There will be a very good team somewhere miss the playoffs or get DQ’d before this is all over with. Absolutely no way to know who or when it’ll shut down either. I’m going into this season as a 15 round playoff. Just be glad each week you get to play because it might be the last one for the year. Just one long November really.