“Battle of the Bridge” Camden @ Waverly

Trollin

I think Camden is going to keep it simple in this game. Spread us out and try those crossing routes and screen and that read option. As far as Waverly from what I been hearing we should be a pretty good contender this year. 

Cant wait to see what both teams bring Friday night. I think they are calling for rain also. 

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I think Camden is going to keep it simple in this game. Spread us out and try those crossing routes and screen and that read option. As far as Waverly from what I been hearing we should be a pretty good contender this year. 

Cant wait to see what both teams bring Friday night. I think they are calling for rain also. 

A good rain/thunderstorm would be a great way to start 2020 football. Would you expect  anything less of 2020?! :wacko: It’s a 50% chance. So we shall see. Either way, Friday can’t get here soon enough.

Also, I foresee McConnell using an “Athlete” at QB to do some things. Who knows what he will do. May spread it out and use 2 athletes in backfield for read option or may go to his Lewis Co roots and do multiple formations running same plays over and over, just different look. Gotta use those big linemen to pound the rock

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Trollin said:

A good rain/thunderstorm would be a great way to start 2020 football. Would you expect  anything less of 2020?! :wacko: It’s a 50% chance. So we shall see. Either way, Friday can’t get here soon enough.

Also, I foresee McConnell using an “Athlete” at QB to do some things. Who knows what he will do. May spread it out and use 2 athletes in backfield for read option or may go to his Lewis Co roots and do multiple formations running same plays over and over, just different look. Gotta use those big linemen to pound the rock

I hope it’s not pouring down I was asked to help run chains.

Not many from Camden will talk before the game but you let them win and they will come out of the wood work like last year.

Something is telling me that we are going to put a good one on them. But I know those Camden boys will be fired up having Matt as their new coach. 

Edited by vandyfan1

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Not many from Camden will talk before the game but you let them win and they will come out of the wood work like last year.

Something is telling me that we are going to put a good one one them. But I know those Camden boys will be fired up having Matt as their new coach. 

No doubt. They gotta be excited. I don’t blame them. Wish they would talk football. Maybe they aren’t too confident? They are pretty young I think. They supposedly return 6 starters, 3 on offense 3 on defense. I do know I’m super excited to see the Tigers play. Think they have potential to be great this year. I know Boldin will have them ready. 

11 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Something is telling me that we are going to put a good one on them. But I know those Camden boys will be fired up having Matt as their new coach. 

You've got big shoes to fill on the chain gang lol. I just hope I can hear it on the radio where I'm gonna be :(

16 hours ago, MannBlue said:

It will be hard to count matt out, you are correct.  heck he coached this years juniors and seniors so he knows what waverly has. It will be great.  Hopefully the rain stays out of the way. 

Matt's a great offensive coach. To be a great head coach he needs to realize that defense wins championships.