H2O @ Gordonsville

H2Oman

8 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Ugly and sloppy game...

I'll watch the film and know more, but here is my postgame analysis from a Gville perspective.

I'll be nice and say that I didn't like the second half playcalling. Announcing my true feelings would get me kicked off of coacht and run out of my church. We were playing with the lead and kept throwing the ball, mostly incomplete. 

Our Oline was winning up front, yet...another pass, and it looked like most of the run plays we did call were outside of the tackles where Watertown had their most defenders. 

History has shown that we have the most success against Watertown getting under center and running right at them. Yet, every year we come out in the spread and end up having to adjust because it just ain't working.

We lost a senior leader and starting LB-Hback in the 3rd. That hurt, but the freshman that backed him up did well.

And...we have a player or two that needs a boot in their hindend.

Regardless, it hurts that we had our chances. Congrats Watertown.

GVILLE will be fine this year and though he didn’t have that great of a game you can really tell there is a lot potential in your QB. 

Looking at your schedule the only game I see you guys losing is week #4 if you all stay healthy. 

3 hours ago, moneyman21 said:

I took a screenshot of this so later down the road I can laugh my butt off did he drop a lot of 50/50 balls…yes but was there a lot of good balls thrown to him… not really. Not saying it’s the qbs fault I’m saying when u have 1-2 seconds to scramble and chuck it they won’t be a great throw I’d say most of the time h2o o-line was the worst I’ve seen in years a lot of work to do but two say #7 isn’t a WR you’re just crazy 

7 is more than a wr. H20 needs find different was to get him the ball. Imo his ability is limited playing only wr.  Imo he needs 20 touches a game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, moneyman21 said:

I took a screenshot of this so later down the road I can laugh my butt off did he drop a lot of 50/50 balls…yes but was there a lot of good balls thrown to him… not really. Not saying it’s the qbs fault I’m saying when u have 1-2 seconds to scramble and chuck it they won’t be a great throw I’d say most of the time h2o o-line was the worst I’ve seen in years a lot of work to do but two say #7 isn’t a WR you’re just crazy 

You misunderstood me. I'm not saying he can't play WR. What I'm saying is that with his build, he's a more natural RB, and he needs to be in a position where it's easier to get the ball in his hands. 

11 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Ugly and sloppy game...

I'll watch the film and know more, but here is my postgame analysis from a Gville perspective.

I'll be nice and say that I didn't like the second half playcalling. Announcing my true feelings would get me kicked off of coacht and run out of my church. We were playing with the lead and kept throwing the ball, mostly incomplete. 

Our Oline was winning up front, yet...another pass, and it looked like most of the run plays we did call were outside of the tackles where Watertown had their most defenders. 

History has shown that we have the most success against Watertown getting under center and running right at them. Yet, every year we come out in the spread and end up having to adjust because it just ain't working.

We lost a senior leader and starting LB-Hback in the 3rd. That hurt, but the freshman that backed him up did well.

Gville missed a great opportunity to walk out with a win.  Middle of 3rd we was all saying they are crazy not to be running the ball. I look for gville to  make some noise in 1a this year.

33 minutes ago, biggest said:

Gville missed a great opportunity to walk out with a win.  Middle of 3rd we was all saying they are crazy not to be running the ball. I look for gville to  make some noise in 1a this year.

I must’ve watched a different game. I didn’t see that there was much opportunity to run... especially between the tackles. GVILLES line did get a push, but they weren’t fast enough to get to the second level and put their pads on #9.  He completely destroy all chances of running through the middle!

4 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I must’ve watched a different game. I didn’t see that there was much opportunity to run... especially between the tackles. GVILLES line did get a push, but they weren’t fast enough to get to the second level and put their pads on #9.  He completely destroy all chances of running through the middle!

More running for clock control up 7-6 with  Watertown not able to move the ball either. Gville could of took the clock  under 11min in the 4th quarter instead threw 3 incompletions and punted back with 30 seconds to go in the 3rd. Plus the went wildcat for a walk in td and never went back to it.  Imo the could of played ball control and won 7-6

6 minutes ago, biggest said:

More running for clock control up 7-6 with  Watertown not able to move the ball either. Gville could of took the clock  under 11min in the 4th quarter instead threw 3 incompletions and punted back with 30 seconds to go in the 3rd. Plus the went wildcat for a walk in td and never went back to it.  Imo the could of played ball control and won 7-6

You can’t play not to lose. They only went wildcat on the goal line and barely made it in. I’ll have to agree to disagree.

Edited by H2Oman

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

I saw it differently. The majority of our runs were outside the tackles. Most of our success running the ball was inside the tackles and pulling the guards.

Regardless, if we go 3 and out running the ball, it's  better than throwing ints and incomplete passes taking no time of the clock.

Actually, we ran the wildcat more. The td was from about 4 yards out, so I wouldn't say he barely got in. Plus, we used it to get some room coming off the goalline. But like I said last night, we always have more success against H2O under center running right at em. We didn't even entertain the thought last night.

13 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Ugly and sloppy game...

Wow could we tell no spring practice and no fall scrimmages in this game. Who is the OC at gville?  I have to agree with you, the questionable playcalling gave h20 a chance to get out of there with a W. Croz you have been around that program for a long time and answer me this gville lines up with #4 at Qb fakes the jet swept if I'm correct (I was on opposite end of field)and he went untouched for the TD why didn't they go back to that especially in the 2nd half and grind it out.  As far as H20 the high snaps were messing the timing up on ever play . On film did #3 step out on the called back TD run? I thought H20 coaches had a good game plan just too many mistakes and penalties. Both team will be fine and have good seasons.Congrats to my purple Tigers. We dont get 6 in a row against gville often.