H2O @ Gordonsville

H2Oman

Ugly and sloppy game...

I'll watch the film and know more, but here is my postgame analysis from a Gville perspective.

I'll be nice and say that I didn't like the second half playcalling. Announcing my true feelings would get me kicked off of coacht and run out of my church. We were playing with the lead and kept throwing the ball, mostly incomplete. 

Our Oline was winning up front, yet...another pass, and it looked like most of the run plays we did call were outside of the tackles where Watertown had their most defenders. 

History has shown that we have the most success against Watertown getting under center and running right at them. Yet, every year we come out in the spread and end up having to adjust because it just ain't working.

We lost a senior leader and starting LB-Hback in the 3rd. That hurt, but the freshman that backed him up did well.

And...we have a player or two that needs a boot in their hindend.

Regardless, it hurts that we had our chances. Congrats Watertown.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Oh, if I'm Watertown, which I'm not, I'd have #7 in the backfield. Him and Carter in a 2-back set would be dangerous. He's not a WR, and he's obviously the best playmaker. He needs to be put somewhere where it's easier to get the ball in his hands.

You anit lying 

4 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Oh, if I'm Watertown, which I'm not, I'd have #7 in the backfield. Him and Carter in a 2-back set would be dangerous. He's not a WR, and he's obviously the best playmaker. He needs to be put somewhere where it's easier to get the ball in his hands.

I took a screenshot of this so later down the road I can laugh my butt off did he drop a lot of 50/50 balls…yes but was there a lot of good balls thrown to him… not really. Not saying it’s the qbs fault I’m saying when u have 1-2 seconds to scramble and chuck it they won’t be a great throw I’d say most of the time h2o o-line was the worst I’ve seen in years a lot of work to do but two say #7 isn’t a WR you’re just crazy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moneyman21 said:

I took a screenshot of this so later down the road I can laugh my butt off did he drop a lot of 50/50 balls…yes but was there a lot of good balls thrown to him… not really. Not saying it’s the qbs fault I’m saying when u have 1-2 seconds to scramble and chuck it they won’t be a great throw I’d say most of the time h2o o-line was the worst I’ve seen in years a lot of work to do but two say #7 isn’t a WR you’re just crazy 

H2O is a offense that relies on pace and timing... They didn’t have either all night due to bad snaps and penalties. The fourth quarter drive that we were able to find some kind of pace we moved the ball with ease!

You are absolutely right about #7 and the line play. Why didn’t big number 68 play?  GVILLE’s line was good, but we helped them out quite a bit down in the red zone with play calling. I don’t understand the thought process of trying to spread the defense out and running QB sneaks ( in the shotgun) when you haven’t had any push from your line all night?

All and all this game went like I expected it to go, but with H2O doesn’t find their offense quickly they will find themselves 1-3 in four weeks!