Oakland 38  Hendersonville 7  This one will be over by halftime

11 minutes ago, MrFootball71 said:

Gallatin 28  Lebanon 10   Too many athletes for the Green wave

Mount Juliet 42  Stewart’s Creek 14  Bears by a lot

White House 21 Station Camp 14  just a guess, know nothing about either one

Beech 31  Powell 28  Should be a great game

Wilson Central 24  Springfield 21  the Wildcats are better this year 

Beech would be hard pressed to score more than 14, based on there offensive style.  Beech defensively struggles against the pass, and Powell throws the ball A LOT.  Should be good game, but again I don't think Beech can keep up solely based on there offensive scheme.  

1 hour ago, keepitmoving said:

Beech would be hard pressed to score more than 14, based on there offensive style.  Beech defensively struggles against the pass, and Powell throws the ball A LOT.  Should be good game, but again I don't think Beech can keep up solely based on there offensive scheme.  

Beech scored more than 14 in 10 of 12 games last year. They scored 34+ in six of those.

I'm not saying they will, but it's not a stretch.

Edited by eers

I think it's too early to predict actual scores, but past indications with what is coming back, makes me believe:

Gallatin by at least two scores

Mount Juliet by at least two scores

Station Camp by at least two scores

Beech in a close one

Wilson Central by a TD

Oakland by at least two scores

1 hour ago, MrFootball71 said:

Gallatin 28  Lebanon 10   Too many athletes for the Green wave

Mount Juliet 42  Stewart’s Creek 14  Bears by a lot

White House 21 Station Camp 14  just a guess, know nothing about either one

Beech 31  Powell 28  Should be a great game

Wilson Central 24  Springfield 21  the Wildcats are better this year 

Gallatin 24, Lebanon 17

Mount Juliet 38, Stewarts Creek 28

Station Camp 20, White House 13

Beech 24, Powell 21

Wilson Central 30, Springfield 27

Oakland 49, Hendersonville 28

3 hours ago, eers said:

I think it's too early to predict actual scores, but past indications with what is coming back, makes me believe:

Gallatin by at least two scores

Mount Juliet by at least two scores

Station Camp by at least two scores

Beech in a close one

Wilson Central by a TD

Oakland by at least two scores

I would go with Springfield over WC.  Just a hunch

On 8/18/2020 at 12:15 PM, keepitmoving said:

Beech keeps the ball on the ground, but that doesnt mean they cant score points. If Powell throws it around all that tells me is that Beech will have the ball alot. 

53 minutes ago, abo14 said:

Beech keeps the ball on the ground, but that doesnt mean they cant score points. If Powell throws it around all that tells me is that Beech will have the ball alot. 

Should be a great first game to watch.  I just don't think Beech is going to be able to keep up offensively with Powell.  Powell is to explosive on offense.  Beech def. needs to pay stall ball, or it will be a long drive to back home.   

3 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Should be a great first game to watch.  I just don't think Beech is going to be able to keep up offensively with Powell.  Powell is to explosive on offense.  Beech def. needs to pay stall ball, or it will be a long drive to back home.   

I’ve watched it for years... four quarters of hit you in the mouth changes the mindset of HS kids. It becomes demoralizing as a player and as a coach to know what’s coming and being able to do nothing to stop it. Powell will want this to be fast paced and all over the place. I expect Beech to slow it down and play in a phone booth. Powell’s possessions will be limited severely, better make them count. 

Edited by eers

4 hours ago, Shawshank said:

I'm not saying he's correct, but Zach Womble seems to think Gallatin will be outgunned by Lebanon. Here's the article I read:

https://www.mainstreetpreps.com/school/beech/sumner-county-football-preview-week-1/article_82fdaf80-e17c-11ea-b1e8-a7f9c4b29acb.html

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a tight ball game. Gallatin will be in somewhat rebuild mode after losing there stud RB, and much of there Defense. With that said they have a better coach at the helm to steer things in the right direction.

6 hours ago, Shawshank said:

I'm not saying he's correct, but Zach Womble seems to think Gallatin will be outgunned by Lebanon. Here's the article I read:

https://www.mainstreetpreps.com/school/beech/sumner-county-football-preview-week-1/article_82fdaf80-e17c-11ea-b1e8-a7f9c4b29acb.html

He is definitely getting his point across on many fronts.  I hope this does not sit well with the coaches and team.