The Refuter's Pre-Season 1A Top 10

TheRefuter

With games starting up this Friday, I just couldn't help myself but go down the well of speculation. Haven't had much to go on this year without scrimmages, but here's my take.  I'm interested to hear your thoughts and corrections. 

1. South Pittsburg

2. Huntingdon

3. Greenback

4. Fayetteville

5. West Carroll

6. Lake County

7. Gordonsville

8. Copper Basin

9. Cornersville

10. Coalfield

Honorable Mention: Clay County, Freedom Prep, Oliver Springs, Sale Creek

Edited by TheRefuter
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I think Huntingdon has lost to many to be at the number two spot and I also think McEwen could be in the top ten mix somewhere. I think they will have a great season this year.  

This person did get #1 in the Pickems last year. So he may know a little something.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I think Huntingdon has lost to many to be at the number two spot and I also think McEwen could be in the top ten mix somewhere. I think they will have a great season this year.  

I agree with everything you just said. I think we can still beat Mcewen this year but only because we got them at home and I’m not greatly confident at that.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

If Memphis gets to play how are some of those teams this year? Freedom Prep, M.A.S.E., Middle College, etc?

I like the top 10 and hope that it ends that way. I do think Clay County could be in the top 10 and not just honorable mention.

There usually is a Memphis team in the mix ordinarily.  Just not ordinary times it seems. 

I know you have a top 10.  You may as well unleash it. 

EDIT:  I agree about Clay County.  Looks like their schedule has been redone from last year.  First 2 games?

EDIT #2:  Since Kentucky high school football doesn't start till at least Sept11 Clay County has Columbia Academy and Stone Memorial on their schedule starting the season.  Will know more about them right out of the gate.

Edited by Southtowner

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

There usually is a Memphis team in the mix ordinarily.  Just not ordinary times it seems. 

I know you have a top 10.  You may as well unleash it. 

EDIT:  I agree about Clay County.  Looks like their schedule has been redone from last year.  First 2 games?

EDIT #2:  Since Kentucky high school football doesn't start till at least Sept11 Clay County has Columbia Academy and Stone Memorial on their schedule starting the season.  Will know more about them right out of the gate.

Columbia Academy should be a good test idk much about SM.