UC Welcomes UJS To Tornado Alley

Bigsw02

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Excuse  me Mr Grey Poupon and such,WE DONT OFFER FREE SCHOLARSHIPS  YEARLY OUR JV IS A YEAR FROM OUR OUR V A R S I T Y, Now clear enough? Our varsity this year is our JV last year with one more year of "DEVELOPMENT" Not entitlement.... loud enough ?we don't have 15 kids that's didnt rep the Black And Gold last year playing varsity this year!!!! Now that's cool,glad for ya, but dont try to punk me cause you don't understand pipeline football....we done? Holler at me when you got something relevant friend.

Your foolishness starts when YOU keep score of a scrimmage and combine that with your feeling of superiority complex on JV games.  I agree that your post can be confusing but you have no idea how one team uses a scrimmage or jv game.  More than half of our players that play JV will never start for USj. So when you chime on another teams thread it would be helpful if you knew what you were talking about.

GREY POUPON IS AN EXCELLENT MUSTARD  is that relevant?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

Your foolishness starts when YOU keep score of a scrimmage and combine that with your feeling of superiority complex on JV games.  I agree that your post can be confusing but you have no idea how one team uses a scrimmage or jv game.  More than half of our players that play JV will never start for USj. So when you chime on another teams thread it would be helpful if you knew what you were talking about.

Hey bud,spew lies elsewhere,won't tell you how I am connected to USJ,wifes maiden name would interest you! Haha, and did you just admit that your varsity is a fresh crop of "scholarships" ? 

Edited by PeabodyPride

4 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

Superiority Complex? You do know there is a score board that keeps score for a reason bud?

5 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Superiority Complex? You do know there is a score board that keeps score for a reason bud?

You have a score board on your practice field? You do know the coaches are on the field giving instructions in both scenarios.   Come on admit it, you went and got a JV state championship tank top also.

14 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Hey bud,spew lies elsewhere,won't tell you how I am connected to USJ,wifes maiden name would interest you! Haha, and did you just admit that your varsity is a fresh crop of "scholarships" ? 

Nope.   We do offer financial aid.  But nobody is on a full ride.  How many kids on Trenton's team this years played on the 5/6th grade team?   i will bet you anything Trenton has more new kids than USJ.  Did you use to root for Trinity?

• Upvote 1

Peabody, I don’t blame your for your misperceptions (sorry for the big word), but you can take that scholarship chatter somewhere else. The vast majority these kids have gone to USJ together since kindergarten and played football together since 5th grade. There is ONE non-freshman player on the roster new from last year and it is his second year at USJ. We graduated most of our starting skill players and lost our top returning offensive producer for other reasons. We have some returning veteran hogs and experience under center. Some JV from last year has indeed stepped into varsity roles. We take pride in our own pipeline down here and I think you’d be pleasantly surprised if you paid more attention.

27 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

Nope.   We do offer financial aid.  But nobody is on a full ride.  How many kids on Trenton's team this years played on the 5/6th grade team?   i will bet you anything Trenton has more new kids than USJ.  Did you use to root for Trinity?

Haha I can tell you all except 2 ,those two came in ninth grade cook and Jones...

15 minutes ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Peabody, I don’t blame your for your misperceptions (sorry for the big word), but you can take that scholarship chatter somewhere else. The vast majority these kids have gone to USJ together since kindergarten and played football together since 5th grade. There is ONE non-freshman player on the roster new from last year and it is his second year at USJ. We graduated most of our starting skill players and lost our top returning offensive producer for other reasons. We have some returning veteran hogs and experience under center. Some JV from last year has indeed stepped into varsity roles. We take pride in our own pipeline down here and I think you’d be pleasantly surprised if you paid more attention.

your reply I will gladly reply cordially to... Great post and thanks for the slight knowledge bump sir for me!!!  I just dont like hearing JV doesn't matter,really great JV limemen for yall. I don't pay as close attention since we pulled our kids out of USJ lomg ago amd moved to Trenton..My wife is Bruin Alum as is her father. BTW congrats on the completion of the stadium grounds,it beautiful.. I will still hold my distain for alot of USJ posters but you seem purty ok. I did amd do pull for TCA often ,habe alot of good friends with kids there.GL on the season and such.

Edited by PeabodyPride

Hmmm. Well at least this thread caught a little bit of a blaze. Unfortunately it was not really relevant to this game.

I will say that my Tornadoes are getting in some fantastic shape. Being coached well and preparing for what the Bruins showed last Friday night. I was impressed with their win over NCS and we will have our hands full. However, trust me when I say this......the Bruins will get all they want from my Tornadoes. Preparation is key. My guys are so ready to Hit Somebody else besides each other. We will see y'all Friday night.

I do have a question. Did you guys get any film from our coaches?

1 minute ago, Bellsburg2 said:

I know they swapped film, maybe from an inter-squad scrimmage? Not entirely sure. Scout team is attempting to mimic some of the triple option looks. Nothing like the real thing, though. Losing a day of prep stinks for both teams, but better than playing in a hurricane I suppose.

It has taken our coaches years playing against the trie option to remotely slow it down,tbh last 2 years it was more UC not having the big bruising backs and lines,The had the fella McClendon,McClellan,Ibelieve,he was a stud but the line play wasn't up to what we have seen of UC past,I will go on the record and say this will be a 8 win UC team.