Houston County Irish

Trollin

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

I understand that they were trying to play the region opponents on their schedule, while cancelling their out of region games.

Well they goofed that up! Unless somehow they reschedule y’all. I’m with you, they need to get things rollin or shut it down for good. Hate it for both sides 

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

You would think so, but with the start of region play everyone is trying to keep their scheduled games in order not to lose out in the playoffs.

Really hurts us, as we're very young everywhere and desperately need reps.

Well hopefully y’all can find an opponent 

Just now, Trollin said:

Well they goofed that up! Unless somehow they reschedule y’all. I’m with you, they need to get things rollin or shut it down for good. Hate it for both sides 

Believe it or not, I really hate it for them more than us. We've already had two key injuries, and time will help us heal. We've also had two games to build on and break down in film, so we can work on what we need to fix.

I saw several signs that HC was gaining momentum with their program and "new" coach... hope this isn't a huge setback for them.

8 minutes ago, Tata said:

Hard to understand not playing when 99.43% of HC population does not have it.

I'd bet that if you polled the Irish team that they'd be 100% for playing. It's a shame that when making decisions regarding what's "best" for the kids, that both sides of the issue aren't always considered. On paper, the "if there's the possibility that one of the kids get's exposed, we just won't chance it" stance is logical... when you consider the sheer amount of effort and preparation that teams go through, and the emotional turmoil from seeing everyone else's life somewhat returning to normal while you are not allowed, the risk looks to be worth the reward.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

On paper, the "if there's the possibility that one of the kids get's exposed, we just won't chance it" stance is logical... when you consider the sheer amount of effort and preparation that teams go through, and the emotional turmoil from seeing everyone else's life somewhat returning to normal while you are not allowed, the risk looks to be worth the reward.

Not if you are a liberal obstructionist. 

If you are then anything you can do to get headlines and resist the urge to be normal is worth the risk. 

That's criminal if you're in a position to effect young lives IMO.  

Edited by Swarm

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Trollin said:

Did anyone else notice Houston County actually played tonight! @vandyfan1 @tradertwo @Wavo2004

I'm glad that they got to play, but putting out mixed signals indicating whether or not they'll play this week or that week isn't good enough. If it's just an administration thing, take a stand and stick with it. If it's a current Covid/contact tracing issue, quarantine those and let's go... if too many to separate from the team and still play, then (and only then) cancel the game ASAP.