Burma Road - Podcast for the Trousdale Co.Yellow Jackets

7 hours ago, crow said:

York is only giving us 82 total tickets for everything. 30 for essential personnel whatever that means and 52 for player parents. We have more players than that so less than 1 ticket per player!

That’s a shame I understand limiting crowds but 1st thing offered should be for all players parents should be allowed the opportunity for tickets and then take 2 teams combined ticket allotment minus that from your cap and then that is how many you have that you can sell to the public 

10 hours ago, TCnation said:

If you put the FB livestream right next to Cheese/Cam, guaranteed sync with FB stream viewers. But...it might take away from FunRadio. Prob some rules I'm ignorant to...just a solution proposal 

This would work if approved by FunRadio owners, but the camera would have to be in the booth with us and that would be difficult for us, not saying it can’t be done but I doubt cheese would want to have to look around a camera lol 

Check out the latest episode. In this episode: 

-BCB~MVPs By The Numbers

-Easton Stacy sits down with Sr. OL/DL #70 Mason Basford

-Steven spends some time with the New PA Announcer of the Creekbank Sam Hicks talking about the season thus far

-Cal Welch talks with Watertown HC Gavin Webster

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/burma-road/id1477664025*episodeGuid=00cbae71-b873-4761-b9ca-2709159771a6__;Iw!!Bbg-OcCDlOs!SOf3GDxgWwXw-kjmuzpWAprbOeCC7Z0ho5nR7IgMhgRsrWZ3cpvXGACr-GZsrCsIb5A$

16 hours ago, biggest said:

Rtd tell me this isn't true?

The tickets went on sale. Tuesday morning but it did say for TC residents only. But we are very close to fanless games in TC right now because of people not following the rules. But I'm sure you can still buy tickets today I don't know if they would out or not. I guess Dr. Satt decided to change the way he sold tickets this home game.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the latest episode. In this episode: 

-BCB~MVPs By The Numbers

-Easton Stacy sits down with Sr. K #12 Heath Chasse

-Steven and Sam review the TC/Watertown Game 

-John talks with Gordonsville HC Scott Clemons

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/burma-road/id1477664025?i=1000490699679__;!!Bbg-OcCDlOs!UXHuegdmYKyfFc8WdQoDdJMxva5GIIwDgRTWpa4uUsTLIk5D12CJNHucYpM8Fg3JSPw$

Check out this week's episode. In this episode: 

-BCB~MVPs By The Numbers

-Easton Stacy sits down with Sr. FB/LB #5 Cameron Rankins

-John talks with Westmoreland play-by-play commentator Nicky Booker

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/burma-road/id1477664025*episodeGuid=43bc3869-ef9b-4259-9dfd-8fad77dd71ae__;Iw!!Bbg-OcCDlOs!WEGavkAmGZ3C0tfy7LKQHEKgV8Hg4_1m7kFWkgW7pSvPsGbqsYEMOVw5m9yAJcqTp2w$

Unfortunately, there will not be a Burma Road Episode this week due to some scheduling difficulties with the podcast team. I do know several enjoy my spot and I haven't posted a written version this year in an effort to drive listeners to the podcast. But since this week's show is cancelled enjoy the script!

By the Numbers: Week 5 Review: The Yellow Jacket were on the road again, this time to visit the Westmoreland Eagles. The home team won the toss and took the ball. The Trousdale Co. Defense stood tall and forced a 3 and out. The Jackets started their first of only 2 drives in the first half and would take nearly 10 mins off the clock. On the 16th play of the drive, Jordan Pickett found pay dirt for the first time this year from 3 yds out. The Jackets would get a second drive midway through the 2nd qrt and take the ball inside the Eagle Red Zone but it fizzled out with seconds remaining in the half on a failed 4th down attempt. The Jackets lead 7-0 after 2. Both Defenses were very stingy all night and neither team got much going in the 3rd qrt. In the fourth, Jordan Pickett had great vision and found the cutback lane to the left which led to the promise land. The run covered 24 yds and Colton Key's PAT made the Jacket's lead 14. Late in the game Heath Chasse showed off his leg strength and boomed home a career long 42 yd FG for a final score of 17-0. Now for Week 6 where the Jackets will host the 4A Macon Co. Tigers.                                                                                                                                           

Macon Co.'s 2020 Review:  The Tigers enter this W6 matchup riding high behind an unblemished record of 5-0. W1 they clipped the wings of the Smith Co. Owls 43-7. W2 saw them go bird hunting again as they took out the Eagles of Westmoreland 13-7. Mt. Juliet Christian was the W3 victim in a 39-12 ballgame. W4 the Tigers were credited a 1-0 Covid Win over the Davidson Co. school of Glencliff. Last week the Cumberland Co. Jets never got off the ground and the Tigers won 48-7. Macon Co. is scoring 35.8 PPG while only giving up 8.3 PPG. Overall the Tigers' scheduled opponents have a combined 14-29 with the teams they have already faced having only won 3 games.   

Trousdale Co. 2020 Review:   The Yellow Jackets enter this old rivalry behind a 3-2 record. Their 3 wins have all been on the road against White House, Gordonsville and Westmoreland. Their 2 losses were at home against Friendship Christian and Watertown. The 2020 concerns through the first 4 games may be in the rearview mirror as last week’s game saw the Jackets turnover whoa’s vanish, however penalties still put some strain on the offense. The coaching staff has done a great job of platooning players and getting young guys quality experience. This will pay off down the stretch has the Jackets will be better rested and have depth. They are putting up 18.6 PPG, while allowing 10.6 PPG. The Defense has 1 shutout and are responsible for 2 scores. Teams on the Jackets calendar this year have combined for a 25-22 record.                                                                                   

Trousdale Co. Stat Highlights: Half way through the 2020 Regular season, the Jackets have seen 7 different players put points on the board. Bryson Claiborne leads that list having scored 30 points (5 TDs), Jordan Pickett and Jayden Hicks sit tied in 2nd with each accounting for 12 points (both 2 TDs). In 4th place is Heath Chasse accounting for 10 points (7 PATs and 1 FG). Cameron Rankins and Brian Banks each have 6 points (1 TD) and Colton Key has accounted for 4 pts. (4 PATs).

Common Opponents: The 2020 season schedules for Trousdale Co. and Macon Co. have only 1 similarity, the Westmoreland Eagles. Macon Co. defeated them in W2 13-7. Trousdale Co. played them last week where they won 17-0.                                                                                                                     

Rankings: Sonny Moore Computer Power Rankings. Trousdale Co. following Week 4 sat in 108, which was 8th in 2A while there scheduled opponents having an average rank in this poll of 166. The Tigers of Macon Co. were at 96, and their opponents average a rank of 208.3 in this poll. The Massey Ratings show the Yellow Jackets and list them at 111 which is 3rd in 2A, and their scheduled opponents average a rank of 208.8 in this poll. Macon Co. this week is rated as team 163 and their opponents have an average rank in this poll of 218.2. unapproved website 2A Rankings Trousdale Co. sits in 8th spot. CoachT 2A Stength Rankings Trousdale County is in 18th. 2A AP Rankings following week 4, the Yellow Jackets were in 7th.                                                                                                                                                                                  Match-Up History:   Trousdale County leads this series with a 57-20 record. Since 2001 the 2 have seen each other 17 times. Trousdale Co. bested Macon Co. in 13 of those games. Macon Co. won games in 2003, 2006, 2014, & 2017. The last 2 years has seen the Hartsville bunch win 28-0 each year. 

My Take: This is always an exciting game and often becomes very spirited. I’d expect nothing less than that come Friday night. The Tigers on paper appear primed to continue their winning streak, but I don’t feel that they have seen the level of competition the Jackets have seen. The Purple and Gold have had some growing pains but there is visible improvement and growth with this team and I believe they are finally getting in a groove. The Tigers may be catching the Jackets at a bad time. I look for the Jackets to win by a couple of scores. Go Jackets!             

Edited by BCB~MVP

Check out this week's episode. In this episode: 

-BCB~MVPs By The Numbers

-Quick stats from W6

-John spends some time with current TC Baseball Coach and former player/coach and TC sports historian Davy Cothron

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/burma-road/id1477664025?i=1000492991961__;!!Bbg-OcCDlOs!VOfOaieWna34y0vWXt97XbEzyCCFvIQ3GtCi-I1WwwZ5fKumwMriRd-Wex7XeaxZDPw$

• 2 weeks later...

Work schedules seem to be causing issues with the studio time for the Burma Road boys, so not sure there will be an episode released today or not. With that, here is my weekly bit planned for this week's podcast.

By the Numbers: Week 7 Review: Queen. Indians. Victory! For the second week in a row, the Jackets played in a Homecoming game, but this one was not their own and they wrecked the party! Penalties littered the Jackets first drive, but they were persistent and Jayden Hicks would find the endzone from 37 yards out. Unfortunately for East Robertson, on Hick’s run the highly taunted Taylor Groves would suffer an apparent knee injury and would not return. The Jackets led 7-0 after the 1st. The 2nd quarter saw the scoreboard get lit up by the visitors as Linarez scored on a 26 yard run, Keenan Burnley ran the sneak from 2 yards out, Jordan Pickett and Cameron Rankins both found paydirt from 3 yards out and the Jackets would lead 35-0 at the break. In all, the Jackets had 5 possession with 5 TDs while the Indians struggled and finally got a first down on the last play of the half. Linarez would add to the lead in the 3rd and the 4th qrt started with a 42-0 lead for Trousdale Co. Kyle Shockley who blocked a punt in the 3rd, would complete the first TD pass of the year for the Jackets when he found his classmate Brian Banks alone. The play covered 18 yards. Chasse’s PAT kick capped off his perfect night to make the score 49-0. The Indians would score late and attempt a 2 pt conversion that failed. The Jackets loaded up on the bus with a 49-6 victory.

Ahead of them now is the last home game on the schedule that will feature a visit from the 4A Portland Panthers.

Portland's 2020 Review:  Portland travels to the Creekbank with a 2-5 record. They have losses to 3A Westview, 4A Montgomery Central, 4A Greenbrier, 4A White House Heritage, and 4A White House. They defeated 2A Forrest, and 5A West Creek. The Panthers are scoring 20.9 PPG while giving up 28.6 PPG. Their scheduled opponents have combined for a 40-23 record.   

Trousdale Co. 2020 Review:   The Purple and Gold look to defend the home turf and their 5-2 record. They are 2-1 in Region 4. They have wins over White House, Gordonsville, Westmoreland, Macon Co, and East Robertson and losses to Friendship Christian and Watertown. They are putting up 23.3 PPG, while allowing 10.3 PPG. Teams on the Jackets calendar this year have combined for a 35-31 record.                                                                                                                                                                      

Trousdale Co. Stat Highlights:  The Jackets have seen 12 different players carry the ball this year. The Top 3 have been: Cameron Rankins with 61 rushes, totaling 337 yds and 4 tds is sitting in 3rd. 2nd leading rusher is Jordan Pickett who’s carried the ball 72 times for 446 yds and 3 scores. The leader thus far this season is Jayden Hicks who has only had 48 attempts but covered 449 yds and found the endzone 4 times.  

Common Opponents: The 2020 season schedules Trousdale County and Portland  have White House as the only similarity. The Jackets faced the Blue Devils back in Week 2 and won 34-14 while the Panther faced them last week and suffered a 32-31 loss.                                                                                                                     

Rankings: Sonny Moore Computer Power Rankings. Trousdale Co. following Week 6 climbed up to 83rd, which was 5th in 2A while there scheduled opponents having an average rank in this poll of 164.1. The Panthers were team 235, and their opponents average a rank of 176.1 in this poll. The Massey Ratings show the Yellow Jackets at 106 which is 4th in 2A, and their scheduled opponents average a rank of 209.2 in this poll. Portland this week is rated as team 224 and their opponents have an average rank in this poll of 178.3. Maxe prp 2A Rankings Trousdale Co. rises up 1 place to 6th. CoachT 2A Stength Rankings Trousdale County is tied for 8th. 2A AP Rankings following week 6, the Yellow Jackets were in 9th.                                                                                                          

Match-Up History:   The match-up is an old one. I show that this will be the 34th time the 2 schools have faced off, with Trousdale Co. leading the series 20-13. Last year’s game was in a monsoon but that didn’t faze the Jackets as they won 37-7.                              

My Take: The Jackets have finally started clicking the last couple of weeks and the results on the field have been great. Portland I’m sure will present some new things that they have not seen this year, so preparation and doing the little things right will be key this week. I fully expect the Jackets to take care of business this week and the reserves to again get some playing time in. Go Jackets.

Edited by BCB~MVP