Hickman vs Waverly

Wavo2004

59 minutes ago, GOCHARGERS said:

I think Westview's defense will be much improved over last few seasons. Which it needs to be. They have a really good DC this year that is really working with them. They are still really young starting 2 seniors, 4 juniors, and 5 sophomores. They have not been tested yet but I like what I've seen and hope they keep getting better. But if this defense does catch on and gets better you better believe Westview will be tougher than years past.

I hope nothing but the best for your program. Would be good to see Westview get back to what they were in the 90’s and 2000’s. 

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

If this game is competitive Waverly won’t make it past the second round and will not win the Region. You can bet on that. I think we “Should” win this one pretty easy but we “Should” have beat Huntingdon.

I’m scratching my head!!!

With the coaching staff Hickman Co has turned into Lewis Co. North which is an overall improvement from last years situation. The Defensive Coordinator is a former player and coach at LC and I believe they will be very sound on D because of him.

16 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

With the coaching staff Hickman Co has turned into Lewis Co. North which is an overall improvement from last years situation. The Defensive Coordinator is a former player and coach at LC and I believe they will be very sound on D because of him.

The head coach was not very good at the middle school. The middle school hasn’t been good in a long time. Unless he’s improved since becoming head coach at the high school I don’t see this being a game. Huntington was a terrible matchup for Waverly this early in the season. If you think Hickman will be good enough to blitz every play I can promise we will be prepared. I could be wrong but I see some changes on D that will improve that aspect as well. I could  totally be wrong. We will have to wait and see! 

5 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

The defensive coordinator for HC is very good with a lot of experience. Unless HC is totally outmatched I can see this game being competitive. IF backed in a corner I would probably pick Waverly, but I can see it being a good one 

Is this DC new? 

I haven't seen a very competitive HC team since 2014.