mcminn central vs Sweetwater

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Sweetwater is a great passing team this year, and it looks like McMinn Central is down from last year. I'd say Sweetwater 45- Central 7. 

I know this is debatable, but I don't think Central's defense is that bad, and I don't think Sweetwater's offense is that good. I think Sweetwater will win. The question is whether Central can score their first points of 2020 in this game?
Martin and Davis both took over dead programs last year, and Martin has proven he's better at rebuilding a program better and faster.

1 minute ago, hohmaster said:

I know this is debatable, but I don't think Central's defense is that bad, and I don't think Sweetwater's offense is that good. I think Sweetwater will win. The question is whether Central can score their first points of 2020 in this game?
Martin and Davis both took over dead programs last year, and Martin has proven he's better at rebuilding a program better and faster.

I like your coach I really do, and I'm sorry but I think Sweetwater will run away with it rather easily. Sweetwater offense is much stronger than you think. At least after playing them that's how I feel. I could be wrong but once I've. Seen a team play I can normally make a fairly accurate call on the outcome. Hope I'm wrong. And good luck man.

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

I like your coach I really do, and I'm sorry but I think Sweetwater will run away with it rather easily. Sweetwater offense is much stronger than you think. At least after playing them that's how I feel. I could be wrong but once I've. Seen a team play I can normally make a fairly accurate call on the outcome. Hope I'm wrong. And good luck man.

I'm not offended so no need for you to apologize. So far I'm just not impressed with Davis. Having the ball at midfield against Tellico with over a minute to go in the game isn't the time to raise the white flag even if you're down 13-0. As long as you have a chance, you fight to the finish.
Sweetwater's failure to cash in a couple of times against Meigs, with several Meigs's starters out, is what I'm basing my opinion on about Sweetwater's offense. I know Meigs defense is good, and since you were there you have a better opinion of Sweetwater than I do. 
Did the Smith kid (linebacker) have a good game against Greenback? I heard he'd missed the game against Sweetwater so I figured he was anxious to get out there and hit somebody? lol
How are the Meigs Middle School and JV teams doing? I've not kept up with much this season.

9 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

I'm not offended so no need for you to apologize. So far I'm just not impressed with Davis. Having the ball at midfield against Tellico with over a minute to go in the game isn't the time to raise the white flag even if you're down 13-0. As long as you have a chance, you fight to the finish.
Sweetwater's failure to cash in a couple of times against Meigs, with several Meigs's starters out, is what I'm basing my opinion on about Sweetwater's offense. I know Meigs defense is good, and since you were there you have a better opinion of Sweetwater than I do. 
Did the Smith kid (linebacker) have a good game against Greenback? I heard he'd missed the game against Sweetwater so I figured he was anxious to get out there and hit somebody? lol
How are the Meigs Middle School and JV teams doing? I've not kept up with much this season.

Outstanding. He was all over the place and made some nasty hits. He tried to make up for lost times and succeeded. Pretty sure it was stated he finished with 10 tackles..

Sweetwater has an average rushing attack but a really good passing game. Pretty decent on both sides of the line. The Sweetwater qb is very mobile and can throw on the run as you saw I guess. If you can slow down the passing game you can make it a good game. Easier said than done though. We got burned a lot on some passes some due to inexperience and some due to being just well timed plays and routes. I can't recall if one of our receivers plays db as well on defense. If so we may have had 2 out on defense. But they would have still passed on us some.

Edited by Imthayeti

On 8/31/2020 at 12:37 PM, hohmaster said:

Martin's cupboard was stocked a little bit better than Davis' when he took over. Davis inherited a team that had a ton of seniors and had never been successful. 

Centrals defense is ok. I think they proved that against McMinn. I think Sweetwater's offense is better than Central's defense. This one could be close for a bit, I just think Sweetwater gets too many big plays down the stretch and wins pretty comfortably.

8 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Martin's cupboard was stocked a little bit better than Davis' when he took over. Davis inherited a team that had a ton of seniors and had never been successful. 

Centrals defense is ok. I think they proved that against McMinn. I think Sweetwater's offense is better than Central's defense. This one could be close for a bit, I just think Sweetwater gets too many big plays down the stretch and wins pretty comfortably.

How was Martin's cupboard stocked better than Davis' if Central had a ton of Seniors?  Both programs had players that hadn't been successful, so isn't that even ground in rebuilding? Wouldn't having more Seniors be a benefit in the rebuilding effort?

2 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

How was Martin's cupboard stocked better than Davis' if Central had a ton of Seniors?  Both programs had players that hadn't been successful, so isn't that even ground in rebuilding? Wouldn't having more Seniors be a benefit in the rebuilding effort?

If those seniors had been successful, yes. Otherwise they're just holdovers from bad teams. Martin had a big freshman class and young talent. Davis had Jordan Ledford and a senior class that had won 4 games in the previous 3 years. And those seniors probably didn't play in three of those wins. Just check the scores of opponents not named Red Bank or Loudon from last year. It's pretty obvious who had more talent.