Moore Co @ Forrest

DiamondRaider11

I know absolutely nothing about either team this season, but what I do know is that Forrest has "been there-done that" for the entire duration of current players, and Moore County hasn't. Programs rise and fall every few years, and Moore may very well be on the way up, but they haven't proven it yet and Forrest hasn't laid down for anybody. If the Raiders win it won't be a surprise at all, but don't let it be a surprise if Forrest isn't ready to host Moore County's coming out party either.

Bledsoe County just gave Tyner a dose of what MC wants to give the Rockets, so it does happen, but it doesn't happen often.

Edited by tradertwo

5 hours ago, BBRaider said:

Watched the MC vs Cornersville game it wasn’t as close as the 10 points indicated. They scored TDS on 4 of their 1st 5 possessions MC controlled the game from  start to finish they took the air out of it towards the end of the 3rd qt. This isn’t the old school MC Wing-T 3 yards and a cloud of dust. They will spread you out and find your weakness wether it’s on the ground or in the air. Not many will be able to match MC skill guys Top to Bottom as a group in A or AA. Don’t get me wrong it wasn’t perfect a lot of meat was left on the bone. But this group is legit!  

Could not agree more. I would just add this group of seniors are as hungry as anyone. I personally witness them working every morning when there coach up and left them when they had no coach. Then we made a awesome hire who has the correct kids in the correct positions to be successful. I say play it week by week but you add a death of a coach and give them something else to play for and there are dangerous. Very exciting group to watch. 

5 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Unlike Cornersville, Moore has given Forrest a competitive series. 

But Moore hasn't beaten Forrest since 2012.  The last 4 games, going back to 2014, are a combined 95-14 for Forrest.  2016 was 7-0 and was called off for storms.   Was a mercy killing.  Forrest wouldve won 700-0.  Moore looked like boys against men.   

Just ready to play this week. We will let it play out on the field. Could care less what has happen in the past. After watching film I think we can match up OK. I would also like to add that those boys you are referring to are now seniors and ready

Edited by Raider2021

4 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

Could not agree more. I would just add this group of seniors are as hungry as anyone. I personally witness them working every morning when there coach up and left them when they had no coach. Then we made a awesome hire who has the correct kids in the correct positions to be successful. I say play it week by week but you add a death of a coach and give them something else to play for and there are dangerous. Very exciting group to watch. 

Moore County definitely is the front runner for 2020 hire of the year. They hit a home run and look poised to be competitive for several years if he stays around and doesn’t bolt for Rutherford or William$on County. Never hurts when the new coach shows up with 2 athletes too. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Moore County definitely is the front runner for 2020 hire of the year. They hit a home run and look poised to be competitive for several years if he stays around and doesn’t bolt for Rutherford or William$on County. Never hurts when the new coach shows up with 2 athletes too. 

Agree. I think he is home to stay. Done did the Boro thing and hated it. Glad he's home. And agree bringing two studs also helps. 

Edited by Raider2021

2 hours ago, phil24 said:

Similar to what Craple Hill use to look like vs MC in the 90's. Lol. You a fboy.

Lol. You crazy. I was thinking the same thing and you said it. Only thing general forrest has to say is what chapel hill did in the last few years. I was thinking this forum was about this 2020 game. He did the same sh*t to a cornersville commenter on a mc vs. Cornersville forum. Like you said fboy!

8 hours ago, Raider2021 said:

Don't know if it's fair to say Coach just up and left them. 

14 hours ago, Salem said:

Very difficult to keep good coaches in 1A and 2A as Forrest well knows. Our 2013 coach went to the 5A championship in 2019. 

14 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I know absolutely nothing about either team this season, but what I do know is that Forrest has "been there-done that" for the entire duration of current players, and Moore County hasn't. Programs rise and fall every few years, and Moore may very well be on the way up, but they haven't proven it yet and Forrest hasn't laid down for anybody. If the Raiders win it won't be a surprise at all, but don't let it be a surprise if Forrest isn't ready to host Moore County's coming out party either.

Bledsoe County just gave Tyner a dose of what MC wants to give the Rockets, so it does happen, but it doesn't happen often.

This is a sound post. 

14 hours ago, Raider2021 said:

I think it's a great story. Moore was impressive enough in defeat last year to get my attention. Was 21-14 well into the 4th.

If Forrest doesnt put together 4 quarters they will get boatraced. I am pretty sure they realize it. If they put together a game that looks something like: 1st Q Portland, 2nd Q East  Robertson, 3rd and 4th Q Eagleville, then we will have ourselves a game. I picked Moore in a close one and I think they are the slight favorite. If they go into Chapel Hill and thump the Rockets by 4 TDs I'll be the first to sing their praises. 

Forrest had two very down years in 2017 and 2018. They went 11-13. But they only got it put to them 2x in 2017 (BGA and Waverly 2nd half, was 28-20 at half) and 4x in 2018 (BGA, Columbia Academy, Watertown, and Lewis). All 6 were/are elite teams in DII and 2A.  The other 7 losses in those 2 seasons were competitive games. That's why I am skeptical that Moore is gonna just wipe the field with Forrest. 

These Forrest kids were on a team last year that won their first 12 games, and got highway robbed out of a Semis appearance. They beat Moore, Lewis, 2 4A teams, and Eagleville 2x (a team Moore lost to last year). They've seen some ups and downs and have accomplished a lot. 

Forrest's staff can be baffling with in-game adjustments, but I do think for the most part, they do a good job of getting the kids ready to play. I also think the entire programs learned a lot from the Portland collapse. That's a friggin 4A playoff team.

Forrest doesnt have the crowd participation that Cornersville has. But they do have a great student section. This is also where you look at little things like travel, week-over-week mental and physical readiness, etc.