Anderson County 2-1 Travels To South Doyle 2-1

Mavericksinflight

South Doyle made some adjustments and has bounced back. The Mavericks after licking there wounds and nursing a bruseing loss to Powell (Powell was  awarded The Number 1 play in all of High School football two weeks ago against AC In a Nasty scramble by QB) OUCH! OUCH ! The Mavs did take care of business Friday night at Hixson. South Doyle will be looking to avenge there close loss last year at AC. I look for this to be another big game! For both Teams this comes down to bragging rights and momentum going into Conference play. The Mavs offence and Defense will need to play better the first half in big games like this one. South Doyle will be passing and can the Mavs secondary step up. I know the D-Line will be Hungry after losing to Powell in the last 2 minutes. Can another Quarterback do it again to the Mavs? Grace Christian completely shut out South Doyle 15-0. Do the Mavs have enough Defence to shut out South Doyle? This game is for pride and home game for SD. I would not count on a shut out or running clock but I have been wrong before (Dog Whistle)

On the other hand SD has a great balance attack slightly directed toward the Pass. If the run gets the Mavs then that opens up the Pass for SD. 

This game comes down to who wants it the most. 

What are your real thoughts on this Game and a Real Predictions?

Edited by Mavericksinflight
Added word

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

South Doyle made some adjustments and has bounced back. The Mavericks after licking there wounds and nursing a bruseing loss to Powell (Powell was  awarded The Number 1 play in all of High School football two weeks ago against AC In a Nasty scramble by QB) OUCH! OUCH ! The Mavs did take care of business Friday night at Hixson. South Doyle will be looking to avenge there close loss last year at AC. I look for this to be another big game! For both Teams this comes down to bragging rights and momentum going into Conference play. The Mavs offence and Defense will need to play better the first half in big games like this one. South Doyle will be passing and can the Mavs secondary step up. I know the D-Line will be Hungry after losing to Powell in the last 2 minutes. Can another Quarterback do it again to the Mavs? Grace Christian completely shut out South Doyle 15-0. Do the Mavs have enough Defence to shut out South Doyle? This game is for pride and home game for SD. I would not count on a shut out or running clock but I have been wrong before (Dog Whistle)

On the other hand SD has a great balance attack slightly directed toward the Pass. If the run gets the Mavs then that opens up the Pass for SD. 

This game comes down to who wants it the most. 

What are your real thoughts on this Game and a Real Predictions?

It seemed everyone left SD for dead after the grace loss, but make no mistake they are a good team. Defensively they are good at all three levels with Detroit City(aka Brown) holding it down with N Meyers. Offense is where they will struggle this year, breaking in new starters everywhere minus a couple. Their entire offense was built around Young last year, they are still looking for an identity right now. As for this game, I think it’ll be somewhat low scoring. I’ll say Anderson County pulls it out at the end 24-17.

I was contemplating a shut out. But the more I worry about our secondary I have gave up. I will say something off the wall. I do believe as was like Powell if SD gets in the red zone then the best they will get are 3 points all night. As our D-Line is really better than they even know. But open field we will need to work on stopping the big pass.

I think that I am confident enough to say 45-16 as there field goal kicker is good. And another point it does not look like either team will get much of a chance at returns from kickoffs.

Mavs 45 SD 16

21 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

It seemed everyone left SD for dead after the grace loss, but make no mistake they are a good team. Defensively they are good at all three levels with Detroit City(aka Brown) holding it down with N Meyers. Offense is where they will struggle this year, breaking in new starters everywhere minus a couple. Their entire offense was built around Young last year, they are still looking for an identity right now. As for this game, I think it’ll be somewhat low scoring. I’ll say Anderson County pulls it out at the end 24-17.

This early in this type of season you could be right. The 0 at Grace has me scratching my head but they may have adjusted for it since then.

I see this being closer than some of the predictions here. Yes, SD laid an egg against Grace, but soundly beat Gibbs last week, a team I thought would be able to stay with SD. SD did the same thing last year against Seymour and bounced back. If the SD quarterback has time to throw this game could be interesting. I do think AC has a little too much fire power in the end and gets this one.

It feels like SD is still trying to carve out an identity this season. They're an athletic team, with a pretty solid defense, but they had to replace a number key contributors (especially on offense). I don't see AC being able to push SD around (like they did Powell), so I think this won't be as high scoring as some think.

Give me AC, 27-17.