AP TOP 10 CLASS 2A SEPT 7, 2020

Southtowner

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Either Tyner is down this year compared to most years, or Bledsoe may be the real deal. They held Tyners offense to 62 yards total offense and 2 first downs from what I gathered from the other thread. Either way that's difficult to do to a team who year in and year out wins the region normally.

Tyner is down. They either ran to the edge all night or passed to the flat. No downfield passing or up the gut runs. 

Either way we know you have a pretty good football team. Can't downplay a win like that.

I’m not sure what Grundy has or if it will be a competitive game or not. Only time you read about them on here it’s always bad. I think sequatchie being a rivalry game will be a tough test then we play at Marion. 

3 minutes ago, Bledsoebtheboys said:

I’m not sure what Grundy has or if it will be a competitive game or not. Only time you read about them on here it’s always bad. I think sequatchie being a rivalry game will be a tough test then we play at Marion. 

Grundy normally not a good team. Played a down York team close though. Lost 6-3. You shouldnt have any trouble at a guess.

Not a fan of polls but I guess it makes for conversation.. Do I think Lewis is a top 10 team? Yes, I do. But not sold on them being 3rd. Parsons is a top 10 team as well. As far as Summertown goes they have played two single A schools who are down and had a COVID win against another. And barely squeaked by one. You can throw Lewis, ST, Parsons, and Waverly in the mix of top 10 but still way too early to predict which one has the advantage at the moment. 

Edited by Aa09

On 9/8/2020 at 11:14 AM, Imthayeti said:

Either Tyner is down this year compared to most years, or Bledsoe may be the real deal. They held Tyners offense to 62 yards total offense and 2 first downs from what I gathered from the other thread. Either way that's difficult to do to a team who year in and year out wins the region normally.

Yeti - I was at Tyner-Bledsoe.   Tyner is definitely down.  Got whipped on the line on both sides of the ball. For the last three years in region play,  Tyner always had the best 2-3 players on the field with Ryals, Batiste, and other speed backs.  Those guys are all gone and when Coach Turner gets in a bind he can't just throw up the bomb to Batiste down the sideline and have a 50/50 chance it hits. Although Sawyer had a huge game against an awful Central team and had a big kick off return for one of our two scores - he doesn't have much help and something just doesn't feel right-lack of lifting and spring ball - missed weeks with quarantine - that may just be an excuse though and we could be that bad.

I am a big fan of Coach Tabor and Bledsoe and I think his staff has instilled a hard-nosed, disciplined team that loves to hit and executes at a high level.  Their quarterback was light years better than Tyners.  I think Tyner finishes third - maybe fourth if the kids quit and aren't ready to play against Tellico later in the year.  I haven't seen Marion but I would lean Bledsoe when those two play.  Despite Bledsoe's improvement, if TC gets its act together, I am not sure these teams can prevent a H2O/TC repeat in week 3.  I don't know that region 4 has a 3rd or 4th place team that can knock off Marion or Bledsoe either but getting ahead of ourselves.  Tyner is not very good right now - maybe they will figure something out and battle with Marion a week from Friday.

1 minute ago, Ram4Life said:

Yeti - I was at Tyner-Bledsoe.   Tyner is definitely down.  Got whipped on the line on both sides of the ball. For the last three years in region play,  Tyner always had the best 2-3 players on the field with Ryals, Batiste, and other speed backs.  Those guys are all gone and when Coach Turner gets in a bind he can't just throw up the bomb to Batiste down the sideline and have a 50/50 chance it hits. Although Sawyer had a huge game against an awful Central team and had a big kick off return for one of our two scores - he doesn't have much help and something just doesn't feel right-lack of lifting and spring ball - missed weeks with quarantine - that may just be an excuse though and we could be that bad.

I am a big fan of Coach Tabor and Bledsoe and I think his staff has instilled a hard-nosed, disciplined team that loves to hit and executes at a high level.  Their quarterback was light years better than Tyners.  I think Tyner finishes third - maybe fourth if the kids quit and aren't ready to play against Tellico later in the year.  I haven't seen Marion but I would lean Bledsoe when those two play.  Despite Bledsoe's improvement, if TC gets its act together, I am not sure these teams can prevent a H2O/TC repeat in week 3.  I don't know that region 4 has a 3rd or 4th place team that can knock off Marion or Bledsoe either but getting ahead of ourselves.  Tyner is not very good right now - maybe they will figure something out and battle with Marion a week from Friday.

Regardless of how that game went I hope you pull it together and have a good rest of the season. It's just a strange thing to hear that Tyner is down. We've all been there though man.

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Regardless of how that game went I hope you pull it together and have a good rest of the season. It's just a strange thing to hear that Tyner is down. We've all been there though man.

Thanks Yeti!  - I have heard that Howard is down some this year too so it could be a battle of bad teams this week and maybe the Rams can get some confidence back by beating a cross town rival.  It is a weird thing but these guys get more hyped for playing non region games against Howard and Brainerd than they do the important games against the region teams from outlying counties.   Brainerd will probably crush Tyner this year.  After Marion we have to travel to Alcoa - I would never wish for having a positive test and being in quarantine but we have no business going to Alcoa.  Thankfully Baylor already dropped us because of a region schedule priority game with Father Ryan that had to be moved.  If we can beat Howard - I predict the Rams finish 4-4 and 2-2 in region winning a nail-biter over Tellico to get 3rd place.   That would earn us another playoff game against TC - but there and in first round.  YIKES!!  

Just now, Ram4Life said:

Thanks Yeti!  - I have heard that Howard is down some this year too so it could be a battle of bad teams this week and maybe the Rams can get some confidence back by beating a cross town rival.  It is a weird thing but these guys get more hyped for playing non region games against Howard and Brainerd than they do the important games against the region teams from outlying counties.   Brainerd will probably crush Tyner this year.  After Marion we have to travel to Alcoa - I would never wish for having a positive test and being in quarantine but we have no business going to Alcoa.  Thankfully Baylor already dropped us because of a region schedule priority game with Father Ryan that had to be moved.  If we can beat Howard - I predict the Rams finish 4-4 and 2-2 in region winning a nail-biter over Tellico to get 3rd place.   That would earn us another playoff game against TC - but there and in first round.  YIKES!!  

Brainerd is pretty good this year, they play Sweetwater this week in a game that will probably decide 3rd in that region. That region is loaded with good teams this year in 3A. Shame of it is whoever wins it has to eventually go through Alcoa.  But yeah, playing Alcoa gonna be rough especially on a down year. Howard was pretty good last year as well maybe they slipped some. :shock: be nice to get a win and some confidence. I know a loss like you just had is hard on morale and a win is needed alot of times to pull out of it. Good luck. May need some Mud-19 for Alcoa week. Not sure if you read the other threads loo but if you do you'll understand what I meant.

Brainerd is pretty good this year, they play Sweetwater this week in a game that will probably decide 3rd in that region. That region is loaded with good teams this year in 3A. Shame of it is whoever wins it has to eventually go through Alcoa.  But yeah, playing Alcoa gonna be rough especially on a down year. Howard was pretty good last year as well maybe they slipped some. :shock: be nice to get a win and some confidence. I know a loss like you just had is hard on morale and a win is needed alot of times to pull out of it. Good luck. May need some Mud-19 for Alcoa week. Not sure if you read the other threads loo but if you do you'll understand what I meant.

Seems like Coach Fitsgerald has Meigs County off to a really good start and ready to contend for a berth in the championship game again.  Until I watched you guys in person in the semi final game last year I had assumed Swafford was kind of a one man show but you had really good line play on both sides of the ball and the young running back was super impressive.  Forget his name but imagine he is a key to your success this year - father played at Cleveland back in the day I think.  How do you feel about the Tigers chances this year to represent the East?

1 hour ago, Ram4Life said:

Seems like Coach Fitsgerald has Meigs County off to a really good start and ready to contend for a berth in the championship game again.  Until I watched you guys in person in the semi final game last year I had assumed Swafford was kind of a one man show but you had really good line play on both sides of the ball and the young running back was super impressive.  Forget his name but imagine he is a key to your success this year - father played at Cleveland back in the day I think.  How do you feel about the Tigers chances this year to represent the East?

We are about as good as last year for the most part and maybe better in some areas. We seem to have worked on our pass defense some and I thought that's where we were the weakest. It seems ironed out so we are up to speed I believe in that area. If teams this year from the East are comparable to what the East had to offer last year we have a fair to decent chance to represent at best guess.

Long way out, but the front runners seem to be Meigs, H2O, and Trousdale. I'm pretty sure those teams are at the same level right now. Could be a few more, but those 3 seem to be at that level right now. Trousdale has the injury bug it seems. If they get it straightened out they will definitely be in the mix.

Edited by Imthayeti