AP TOP 10 CLASS 2A SEPT 7, 2020

Southtowner

On 9/8/2020 at 10:33 AM, Imthayeti said:

Grundy normally not a good team. Played a down York team close though. Lost 6-3. You shouldnt have any trouble at a guess.

Grundy has a few good ball players. They run a pretty basic O and pretty lackluster. Their D is pretty good. They blitz alot and they tackle good. Their Coach seems to be teaching fundamentals up their and I believe he has them heading in the right direction.

5 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

Seems like Coach Fitsgerald has Meigs County off to a really good start and ready to contend for a berth in the championship game again.  Until I watched you guys in person in the semi final game last year I had assumed Swafford was kind of a one man show but you had really good line play on both sides of the ball and the young running back was super impressive.  Forget his name but imagine he is a key to your success this year - father played at Cleveland back in the day I think.  How do you feel about the Tigers chances this year to represent the East?

Gary Meadows is he’s name and he played at Meigs, and then went to UTC, he’s boys name is Will. Gary was fun to watch.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, team69 said:

Grundy has a few good ball players. They run a pretty basic O and pretty lackluster. Their D is pretty good. They blitz alot and they tackle good. Their Coach seems to be teaching fundamentals up their and I believe he has them heading in the right direction.

That's good to hear. May be a year or 2 away from being pretty good you think?

2 minutes ago, team69 said:

He's from Winchester. Close to home maybe. I think it did surprise some people but I think its a huge step in the right direction for Grundy.

Sounds about right, our coach also played D1 ball but not NFL ( to my knowledge). Its obvious the changes he and his staff has made to our program. Grundy better hold on tight and not let him go.

Edited by Imthayeti

17 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

We are about as good as last year for the most part and maybe better in some areas. We seem to have worked on our pass defense some and I thought that's where we were the weakest. It seems ironed out so we are up to speed I believe in that area. If teams this year from the East are comparable to what the East had to offer last year we have a fair to decent chance to represent at best guess.

Long way out, but the front runners seem to be Meigs, H2O, and Trousdale. I'm pretty sure those teams are at the same level right now. Could be a few more, but those 3 seem to be at that level right now. Trousdale has the injury bug it seems. If they get it straightened out they will definitely be in the mix.

Good luck on the rest of your season,  Just so thankful we are playing football.  Those poor kids in Nashville and Memphis have been denied that opportunity so far.  Enjoy watching your Tigers my friend!

4 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Good luck on the rest of your season,  Just so thankful we are playing football.  Those poor kids in Nashville and Memphis have been denied that opportunity so far.  Enjoy watching your Tigers my friend!

Your right, I've taken it for granted a little. Could always be worse. We are fortunate weve only had one game cancelled this far. Gooe you get it together. Keep an eye on the Sweetwater and Brainerd game. It will tell you how good Brainerd really is. I'm hoping Sweetwater wins it. Makes our win against them look even better.:thumb: