Lewis Co. Travels to Summertown

ddaddy

Coach Mote is  and always has been an excellent defensive coach.  But the talent level at Lewis is above what it was last year and Coach Sharp (at least at this point) seems more willing to throw the ball.  He has very capable receivers.  Summertown has defeated two teams that are down and had a covid win.  Lewis will win by at least two tds.  Their defense is excellent.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/12/2020 at 5:35 PM, Tata said:

My connection to Hickman Co tells me that there is also coaches on Summertown's staff that are from Lewis Co. Is that true and if so what role are they in? And will it make a difference in this game?

Tata their is one for sure Dakota Crews maybe DC , he was Mr. Football at LC around 2007 or 2008 I think. Good man comes from good family. Side note his younger brother Dillon coaches at LC. This should be a good game both teams will be up for it.

On 9/12/2020 at 10:41 PM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Has Summertown always been around?  Seems like I first heard about them in Baseball a few years back, now they are good in Football too?

Summertown is a juggernaut of a baseball program. They have won 2 titles and have been to the Boro multiple times. Basketball has been their bread and butter especially in girls action as well as Softball, Golf and Volleyball. But Football is starting to creep up as well. The High School football team has only been around for 6 years and the middle school, I believe started around 2011 or so. 

1 hour ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Summertown is a juggernaut of a baseball program. They have won 2 titles and have been to the Boro multiple times. Basketball has been their bread and butter especially in girls action as well as Softball, Golf and Volleyball. But Football is starting to creep up as well. The High School football team has only been around for 6 years and the middle school, I believe started around 2011 or so. 

Are they an independent school or just centrally locates in the County?

Y’all are over reading this. LC will get the win. They corn feed em and turn them into slobber knockers! They’re a ground and pound team but, coach Sharp is starting to sprinkle in some air time. That’s what has hurt them in the past. They were one dimensional. That’s ok during regular season but, doesn’t work in the playoffs.

On 9/12/2020 at 9:03 PM, PeabodyPride said:

Well I trust Vandy and Generals picks usually ,well we all know how Vandy's pick go against a black and gold team to remain unnamed ! General knows this region and I wouldn't bet against him ,so Lewis must be over hyped

1. Summertown beat them in Hohenwald last year

2. Summertown has an excellent QB, plays physical and is well coached. 

3. Summertown is at home. And their home field is significant. They took Forrest to the wire there 2 straight years. Forrest escaped 7-0 in 2018 and 13-6 in 2019. 

I'm happy to be wrong. I respect both programs. I feel the Eagles get this done. 

On 9/12/2020 at 10:41 PM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Has Summertown always been around?  Seems like I first heard about them in Baseball a few years back, now they are good in Football too?

this is their 4th 6th year as a program i think. good athletes in basketball too. no surprise they are getting it together pretty quickly. 

Edited by GeneralForrest

On 9/17/2020 at 11:03 AM, CABacker said:

Coach Mote is  and always has been an excellent defensive coach.  But the talent level at Lewis is above what it was last year and Coach Sharp (at least at this point) seems more willing to throw the ball.  He has very capable receivers.  Summertown has defeated two teams that are down and had a covid win.  Lewis will win by at least two tds.  Their defense is excellent.

i think lewis talent being higher than last year remains to be seen. ER had them on the ropes early.