Week 6 - Oak Ridge @ Clinton

CardinalGrey

59 minutes ago, bonkers said:

It took me a while to digest the West game but now I return with a very radical proposal that won't be received well by most fans, and especially the OR receivers. I agree with Gaddis on one thing he's said in recent weeks, and what I refer to is when he says they must be able to run the ball in order to win. The running game has vanished. My proposal is to run the ball against Clinton EVERY play of the game! What better way to work on the running game, improve the running game, and gain confidence in the running game. (Now I don't expect Gaddis to do this and I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but that's my proposal. There will be open receivers against Clinton and they'll load the box if OR runs it every play, but I say do just that! The score may not be impressive but he might just send a message to whomever needs to receive it but better yet, it may help get the running game back on the scene. As I said, this will never happen, but it's what I've come up with to inject some life into an offense in need of a spark.

I’m all for it!!

15 hours ago, bonkers said:

It took me a while to digest the West game but now I return with a very radical proposal that won't be received well by most fans, and especially the OR receivers. I agree with Gaddis on one thing he's said in recent weeks, and what I refer to is when he says they must be able to run the ball in order to win. The running game has vanished. My proposal is to run the ball against Clinton EVERY play of the game! What better way to work on the running game, improve the running game, and gain confidence in the running game. (Now I don't expect Gaddis to do this and I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but that's my proposal. There will be open receivers against Clinton and they'll load the box if OR runs it every play, but I say do just that! The score may not be impressive but he might just send a message to whomever needs to receive it but better yet, it may help get the running game back on the scene. As I said, this will never happen, but it's what I've come up with to inject some life into an offense in need of a spark.

Might just be a little extreme to run every play but I like the idea of running a lot.I agree 100% we gotta be able to run the ball to beat good teams.I know Gaddis talks about how important it is in high school to be able to run and stop the run.I cant remember for sure but we had problems last yr running the ball early in yr.Through 1st couple of games it was really bad but I cant remember the stat.Also even with J.Graham we would go through periods of time where we struggled to run the ball.I know thats mainly on our Oline play but gotta figure something out when u have a great RB.I know K.Jackson has the big offers but its also time he steps up and takes it to next level.Needs that Gulmire mentality in him and make things happen

14 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

No way Clinton is talking that type of trash. 

Yep lol.They have had couple of weeks to put together a plan and are feeling good about it after watching Oak Ridge the last 2 weeks.You want your team to think they are gonna win but the new coaches want a running clock by end of game.They plan on Friday being the day they put the wheels back on the dragon wagon.The Oak Ridge boys at Clinton have shared all the secrets to beat Oak Ridge.Truss wants Stewart 1 on 1 and Johnson is suppose to carry the load on offense.Lets hope the Cats are ready

9 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Might just be a little extreme to run every play but I like the idea of running a lot.I agree 100% we gotta be able to run the ball to beat good teams.I know Gaddis talks about how important it is in high school to be able to run and stop the run.I cant remember for sure but we had problems last yr running the ball early in yr.Through 1st couple of games it was really bad but I cant remember the stat.Also even with J.Graham we would go through periods of time where we struggled to run the ball.I know thats mainly on our Oline play but gotta figure something out when u have a great RB.I know K.Jackson has the big offers but its also time he steps up and takes it to next level.Needs that Gulmire mentality in him and make things happen

I agree with your comments on KJ in that he just needs to just step up and make things happen whether the blocking is great or not. I don't know him at all and I don't know Gulmire, but Gulmire never missed a game for any reason that I remember, and he never would. KJ needs to take over!

• Like 1