Week 6 - Oak Ridge @ Clinton

CardinalGrey

7 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Honestly, West killed themselves on a few drives with snaps over the QBs head, stupid penalties and the like, but you could say the same for us. We surely didn’t help ourselves on offense any, that’s for sure. They didn’t run the ball all over us though like DB, but Mattress, their star studded RB wasn’t near full strength either, so I’m sure if he was healthy that may have been a different story. I hope we come out and take care of biz Friday night. We definitely need to “handle” the teams we’re supposed to. Hope the staff and boys put in some xtra work in practice this week.

The season is still young, I can see Oakridge making it past the 1st round of the playoffs. The will clean up the mistakes and maybe get a more consistent/variant offense going. Right now it just seems like they are predictable and aren't meshing. The defense just seems like maybe they key on one thing a game. Either stop the pass, DB game and stop the run West game. Arent you guys young this year?

8 minutes ago, Thund3rStruck said:

The season is still young, I can see Oakridge making it past the 1st round of the playoffs. The will clean up the mistakes and maybe get a more consistent/variant offense going. Right now it just seems like they are predictable and aren't meshing. The defense just seems like maybe they key on one thing a game. Either stop the pass, DB game and stop the run West game. Arent you guys young this year?

Yeah, we have a fair amount of underclassmen out there. A lot of guys on defense are playing new positions too. #38 was an outside backer last year and now a Mike (MLB). #33 LB is a Sophomore, 17 Sophomore FS, Hayward #6 didn’t even play defense last year, so he’s learning on the job, so to say. I think we will return 3 or 4 OL, although I thought that’d be a strong point this year. And arguably our best wideout is a freshman. He has a really bright future. Strange year so far. Definitely not what I expected. Have the talent, but just not getting the results I thought we’d see. Some teams just don’t mesh well regardless of talent. We will see.

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, we have a fair amount of underclassmen out there. A lot of guys on defense are playing new positions too. #38 was an outside backer last year and now a Mike (MLB). #33 LB is a Sophomore, 17 Sophomore FS, Hayward #6 didn’t even play defense last year, so he’s learning on the job, so to say. I think we will return 3 or 4 OL, although I thought that’d be a strong point this year. And arguably our best wideout is a freshman. He has a really bright future. Strange year so far. Definitely not what I expected. Have the talent, but just not getting the results I thought we’d see. Some teams just don’t mesh well regardless of talent. We will see.

Well we need Oak Ridge back to normal. 5a is missing out and others are taking advantage. Im sure by week 10 you guys will have it figured out and be playing your best ball and od be scared to see them with a regular season worth experience. These other 5a schools are out beating up on each other so you never know who will be healthy 

4 minutes ago, Thund3rStruck said:

Well we need Oak Ridge back to normal. 5a is missing out and others are taking advantage. Im sure by week 10 you guys will have it figured out and be playing your best ball and od be scared to see them with a regular season worth experience. These other 5a schools are out beating up on each other so you never know who will be healthy 

True. You just never know.

6 hours ago, SweetScience said:

That’s how I feel, Papa B. We got shellacked in every loss for the most part. A bounce or fumble recovery or 2, or little Hayward not getting hurt might have made the Farragut game closer, but the other two we pretty much got dominated in. I’d feel better and more optimistic if that wasn’t the case. BTW, where’s Catswild and Bonkers? They’ve both pretty much tucked tail. Come on fellers, no shame in losing to a great team like West. I miss the banter.

Here's Catswild. I waited because I don't like the bashing on here that comes with a loss. What will Gaddis say on the show Wednesday night? What will he do, or what can he do, to get the offense going, and especially the running game? The answers are critical for the balance of the season. I watch the line and I think our lines can be good enough to salvage the season. I'm very interested to see what offensive adjustments he makes for the Clinton game and he's bound to make some. This will be an interesting game. This thread isn't as negative as I anticipated. Let's beat Clinton! RWR!

I heard today Clinton said they are ready after watching Oak Ridge and expect to win.They said K.Jackson was overrated and wont break 50 yds on them.Also said after watching the Oak Ridge D that they plan on throwing for 300+ yds and scoring at least 35pts.They are really surprised how soft Oak Ridge is and decided to make Friday the homecoming game to impress the home crowd and get an easy win.O yea and said J.Stewart and both the Heywards cant compare to Truss.Said Truss leaving is why the Oak Ridge offense has struggled.I think I remembered all that right but Ill ask again tomorrow to be sure.

1 hour ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I heard today Clinton said they are ready after watching Oak Ridge and expect to win.They said K.Jackson was overrated and wont break 50 yds on them.Also said after watching the Oak Ridge D that they plan on throwing for 300+ yds and scoring at least 35pts.They are really surprised how soft Oak Ridge is and decided to make Friday the homecoming game to impress the home crowd and get an easy win.O yea and said J.Stewart and both the Heywards cant compare to Truss.Said Truss leaving is why the Oak Ridge offense has struggled.I think I remembered all that right but Ill ask again tomorrow to be sure.

Lol if that ain’t motivation, I don’t know what would be.

It took me a while to digest the West game but now I return with a very radical proposal that won't be received well by most fans, and especially the OR receivers. I agree with Gaddis on one thing he's said in recent weeks, and what I refer to is when he says they must be able to run the ball in order to win. The running game has vanished. My proposal is to run the ball against Clinton EVERY play of the game! What better way to work on the running game, improve the running game, and gain confidence in the running game. (Now I don't expect Gaddis to do this and I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but that's my proposal. There will be open receivers against Clinton and they'll load the box if OR runs it every play, but I say do just that! The score may not be impressive but he might just send a message to whomever needs to receive it but better yet, it may help get the running game back on the scene. As I said, this will never happen, but it's what I've come up with to inject some life into an offense in need of a spark.

5 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Jackson has done very little this season (does he even have 200 yards?),and the pass defense has been suspect at times. Is it really homecoming Friday night?????  I don't believe this game will be easy for OR. I imagine that confidence is down and on the other side, Clinton is desperate for their first win, and beating OR would make their season. If OR doesn't get off to a fast start, this game could go down to the wire.

5 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

No way Clinton is talking that type of trash.