Week 6 -- Daniel Boone at D-B

TribalEmpire

17 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Hot news on WCYB. Someone associated with DB football has tested positive. Don't know yet if it will stop the game from happening. They are chasing contact information right now.

https://wcyb.com/news/local/individual-associated-with-dobyns-bennett-football-program-tests-positive-for-covid-19

That’s what makes this year so unpredictable.Happened to Betsy in the db game.Hope the individual is ok.

4 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Just saw that...     I sure hope we get to play even though it will be another beatdown, taking a COVID win just doesn't feel right.       Actually our main concern should be for the infected individual.

I thought COVID wins were only for the region games... what's really going to suck is if not only this game gets canned but also next week against Jeff County.  To suffer a COVID region loss to Jeff County would be devastating.

21 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Lol...DB had a lot of speed that year and passed more than run and RB was a run oriented offense...:?

If I remember correctly Clark benched Adonis Johnson at the start of the 4th quarter and started passing almost every play. In a down pour with about 6" of water standing on the field. For those that don't know Johnson was one of if not the best running back in the state that year and probably the best running back in modern times at DB. According to one player, Johnson begged Clark to put him in the game but Clark told him to "get off the sideline" That was one of two State Championships that Clark cost DB with stupidity.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Hot news on WCYB. Someone associated with DB football has tested positive. Don't know yet if it will stop the game from happening. They are chasing contact information right now.

https://wcyb.com/news/local/individual-associated-with-dobyns-bennett-football-program-tests-positive-for-covid-19

Ii thought if a player tested positive it was automatic the team had to shut down for 10 days or two weeks? 

11 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Ii thought if a player tested positive it was automatic the team had to shut down for 10 days or two weeks? 

How do we know it's a player?  The report just says it's "someone associated with the Dobyns-Bennett football community."

It could be a player, a coach, a trainer, a parent... could be anyone.

On 9/21/2020 at 6:37 PM, BatmanDB said:

' Let us not also forget that a month from now could mean nobody is playing with all the schools opening up and many kids spreading anything from the cold to the flu or worse."

I truly appreciate people like the principal who have an understanding of how difficult it is for many of the staff to be there and put their own families at risk..That said,much like Batman's spelling, there are some folks at slightly lower level jobs that are simply idiots...

I'm not sure if it's HIPAA or who covers those things but I doubt there are many schools in the area that haven't had a case or two. You can't just come out and say  this or that person has Covid. Just common sense with thousands of kids back to school , it's going to be there like the flu,colds and everything else.