Coalfield/Gordonsville Cancelled

Jeremiah

6 hours ago, croz6110 said:

It was Coalfield's decision from my understanding, due to some of our players being exposed, not positive,  but exposed. 

This is getting wierd with Coafiled.Sources told me they called of the Stone game for reasons other than Covid (I heard the reason but dont want to get in a debate over it on here).Now they could have played this game and THEY chose not too???With a year when you are starving for game like situations you cancel games against very good teams I guess what I am saying is WHY??I know they play us in 2 weeks are they afraid they might catch the virus and lose to our little team this year?Are they worried about injuries playing bigger teams??Lot of questions in these situations.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

This is getting wierd with Coafiled.Sources told me they called of the Stone game for reasons other than Covid (I heard the reason but dont want to get in a debate over it on here).Now they could have played this game and THEY chose not too???With a year when you are starving for game like situations you cancel games against very good teams I guess what I am saying is WHY??I know they play us in 2 weeks are they afraid they might catch the virus and lose to our little team this year?Are they worried about injuries playing bigger teams??Lot of questions in these situations.

The universe is full of mystery and wonder :roflol:

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Sounds to me like they are taking every precaution not to be exposed to Covid which isn’t a bad idea I don’t think. Sources told me that GB cancelled LC game because of injuries and players quitting not because of Covid. So who can believe sources? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nakedbootlegger said:

Sounds to me like they are taking every precaution not to be exposed to Covid which isn’t a bad idea I don’t think. Sources told me that GB cancelled LC game because of injuries and players quitting not because of Covid. So who can believe sources? 

Oh I completely agree although the stone game kind of threw me for a loop because that would have been a good game to play. If you go to Wate you can find out exactly why we cancelled the LC game it was covid. And we have not had anyone quit rest assured. And the guy who told me about the stone game actually has a kid on the team and was upset they didn't play that game so that was a pretty good source.

14 minutes ago, nakedbootlegger said:

Let's face it Bootlegger we both know there is blood in the water in our region this year.we are not nowhere near the favorite now it's beneficial to Oliver Springs and coalfield who are the frontrunners to stay healthy and I understand that.Although I don't believe in canceling games for no reason other than to try to stay healthy unless there is a reason because of the virus. Now if Stone wanted to cancel it also then it's no big deal I know they did pick up a game.

Edited by orngnblk

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Let's face it Bootlegger we both know there is blood in the water in our region this year.we are not nowhere near the favorite now it's beneficial to Oliver Springs and coalfield who are the frontrunners to stay healthy and I understand that.Although I don't believe in canceling games for no reason other than to try to stay healthy unless there is a reason because of the virus. Now if Stone wanted to cancel it also then it's no big deal I know they did pick up a game.

Id say Tom Kreager is a little more reliable source than some players Daddy. Tom kreager tweeted Gb forfeited because of injuries not Covid and he has been pretty reliable over the years.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nakedbootlegger said:

Id say Tom Kreager is a little more reliable source than some players Daddy. Tom kreager tweeted Gb forfeited because of injuries not Covid and he has been pretty reliable over the years.  

https://www.wate.com/sports/high-school/lenoir-city-greenback-high-school-football-game-canceled-due-to-positive-covid-19-test/

44 minutes ago, nakedbootlegger said:

I know the “some players daddy” he’s referring to. I’d bank on it. Kreager is just another reporter regurgitating anything he hears trying to sell a story. What were his sources you reckon? 

• Like 1