Week 7 -- Jefferson County at D-B (hopefully)

TribalEmpire

17 hours ago, Pat2016 said:

All of the above.  Gonna be very hard for jefferson county to turn that mess around.  With lakeway academy only 10 minutes from jeff campus it will be very hard to keep any elite players from leaving

Understood. DB had and continues to have similar problems, although to a lesser degree. Beat your "super" into the ground, figuratively, until change happens. Good luck.

I think coach Christian has done a good job of bringing in new staff that were great beyond DB and knows as much about the game as your going to find.Plus you have other former top notch players and experience with the older staff members.If I were a head coach and had my pick,it would be hard to do better then Joey has done in forming this group so far.In a prefect world we would have Alcoa talent on Four times their scale every year.Its nice to think about  a program that can line up against Maryville and the other top programs ,but every sport at every level has those mountains to climb and all you can do is your best.I see a lot less of those one and done type of years and that's a good thing going forward.I can except getting beat by a better team and move on.Thats not to say SH, Farragut and Alcoa won't present a challenge this year and other teams as well on any given year.You just like to see your kids have a chance when most things are equal.. A perfect example this past week in college was Mississippi State. It's hard to watch UT on offense after seeing that 180 turn around destroy SEC records with the very same quality of  talent .Sure LSU isn't the same team but the SEC has been around for decades.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Kingsport Times is saying JC has an O-Lineman at 6'6 and 339 lbs.   If the Patriots get into a 4th and short situation, wonder who they will run behind??

All kinds of things you can do  with that size if he can move well. You can just run behind him ,shift sides and run behind him or decoy and run where he was previously lined up.Blocking back or even "The Fridge"