William Blount at Elizabethton

Governm

I have no use at all for a coach that will keep starters in the entire game no matter what the score is. It's a big reason Maryville is able to reload every year because most games everyone gets in to play. You would think some coaches would be smart enough to borrow some of that logic and quit riding a horse till it falls over dead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

The starters played first half and first possessions of second half.  Score was 49-0 at half.  I’m not a coach by any means and I’m sure it’s hard to make those decisions.  I’ve often thought about it on the other side,  if I’m a coach getting my brains beat out,  would I keep starters in?  WB got the ball to start the 3rd and they brought out starters as usual.  We have always typically let the 1s take the first possession of 2nd half on both sides of the ball.  You’ll also see a couple starters mixed in on defense to kind of be on field coaches themselves to keep kids in position.  I really don’t think it was trying to run the score up mentality though.  JMO

Fair enough. I would hope the coach subbed some in the 2nd qtr, but it's his program. We've got a team in our town that caused the running clock rule, so it ticks me off when I hear about blowouts. It's one thing to play starters late when both teams get players through a draft (NFL). It's another to pour it on a school with less talent living in their zone (high school). It sounds like wb didn't put up much a fight. Good luck to the cyclones. It sounds like you got a good team.

I figured before the game WB wouldn't win but thought it would be a better game than 49-0 at halftime. Was hoping they finally would have a break even schedule for a change but now it looks as if the only hopeful win would be against Lenior City with what's left on the schedule. I have to give WB credit for one thing and that was being on the ball at the first of the season and picking up Oliver Springs and not letting that week go void. Don't matter if they are Single A, it was good quick thinking on their part.