SUMMERTOWN AT FORREST

GeneralForrest

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bigpun54 said:

So I guess not going to be able to play 

No word today so I assume we have a two week vacation. Can any Waverly fans confirm they attempted to play and we said no?  I would like to hear the rationale for not trying to have a game. There were events planned for our injured DB this Friday and a huge crowd was expected. Could have had a big crowd on a Saturday afternoon with very little effort. On the bright side we are 3-0 in Region and we have roughly 28 days to get ready for Lewis County. 

47 minutes ago, Salem said:

No word today so I assume we have a two week vacation. Can any Waverly fans confirm they attempted to play and we said no?  I would like to hear the rationale for not trying to have a game. There were events planned for our injured DB this Friday and a huge crowd was expected. Could have had a big crowd on a Saturday afternoon with very little effort. On the bright side we are 3-0 in Region and we have roughly 28 days to get ready for Lewis County. 

Heard your coach on the radio this morning as I was traveling 840 and he said that 2 days preparation wouldn’t be fair to the kids of Forrest.

Edited by H2Oman

5 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Heard your coach on the radio this morning as I was traveling 840 and he said that 2 days preparation wouldn’t be fair to the kids of Forrest.

That's the stupidest thing I've heard ! Both teams would have the same 2 days for prep ! I promise if you any kid on that roster from starters to towel boys they woulda love to play !!!

27 minutes ago, justoldguy said:

If they were to play and stud QB or RB gets hurt. In a game that doesn't matter every body would turn on coach. I wouldn't play if I was ether team get ready for playoffs. Get healthy and get prepared ...then we think about a long lay off dead period. Who knows the right call ? 

We will have only played 4 games going into week 7 we need the field time. I don’t know about Forrest but Waverly wanted to play (anybody)!

57 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I can not support or defend that statement. 

26 minutes ago, justoldguy said:

If they were to play and stud QB or RB gets hurt. In a game that doesn't matter every body would turn on coach. I wouldn't play if I was ether team get ready for playoffs. Get healthy and get prepared ...then we think about a long lay off dead period. Who knows the right call ? 

In a normal year I would agree but this isn’t a normal year. Too many variables this year we could wind up only playing 6-7 games all season. If there was an opportunity to play a quality, equal opponent at home and we turned it down before going into a bye week i have no words.