Cornersville vs Fayetteville

Tweeter79

28 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

What a game.  Fayetteville tried to give it away.  Nasty body slam by Corn but it was a heated moment already.  Fayetteville may face some consequences if their guys left the sideline.  Good game, but just keeping it real, neither team will win the west.  

Whos your pick to win the west.???

1 hour ago, sum1uno said:

Safe trip back ST

Thank you sir.  

Yall have a really young team and some very  good looking tough players.   I thought you would somehow pull the game out there at the end.  But it just wasn't meant to be.  Glad I was able to visit your venue. Yall have a very nice place and really have a great crowd. I meet some very fine people.  I'll definitely be back.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

@Southtowner pleasure getting to meet you. Safe travels home. Hope you enjoyed it and we treated you right.

The pleasure was all mine. Like I said above, I met some very fine people. My kinda town. Good luck the rest of the season.  I believe yall have about 5 or 6 seniors on this years squad.  So yall will definitely improve with each game.  And I still seen a lot of toughness from the Cornersville team tonight which is something you can build on. I figured this would be a heck of a game and glad I was able to visit your place.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 93grad said:

I believe Moore and Cornersville still have 3 region games left after tonight.  If City does not win it outright tonight,  both Moore and Cornersville still have to play Huntland and a healthy Huntland team could be a problem for both.  I am behind my City guys 100% tonight.  Win tonight and none of it matters.  GO TIGERS!!!

Congrats on the win and region champions. You guys diffently have some talented guys if coach can just get them under control. Like some others have posted on this site just keep it real and play the game. Hopefully we will get to see you guys again this year

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

Congrats on the win and region champions. You guys diffently have some talented guys if coach can just get them under control. Like some others have posted on this site just keep it real and play the game. Hopefully we will get to see you guys again this year

Thanks. It was not pretty but it was a win. Still a lot to clean up. I’m not going to make any excuses on here. Gotta keep getting better if we want to matter in the playoffs. Proud of our guys for making 2 big stands inside our 20 toward the end when it looked like the wheels were coming off. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 4:26 PM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Speed kills but a solid defense will find a way to make a stop.  Tough call on this one.  

So I'm just now recovering from last night and going back over some of the posts.  This one stood out to me.  How true @PiRaTe._.MiKe .  I know you've seen enough high school football in your time, and I'm pretty sure you were talking Tiger speed, Corndog defense.  But last night was a good display of both speed/big plays, and stout defense by the Tigers.  Except for the shenanigans on the field, which I agree with someone who mentioned it earlier, the refs let it get way out of hand, the game last night was your typical Fayetteville - Cornersville slug-fest.  Our Tiger team didn't back down and gave them all they wanted.  And after we lost those four impact players, the Team had to dig deep and step up to fill the gaps they left.  We are a relatively young team, lots of sophomores and juniors, and our freshman running back stepped up when he was needed.  That kind of  work mentality is what builds strong programs, not losing their heads and giving up penalties or ejections.  And speaking of that, what are the consequences of getting ejected in h.s. football?  One week suspension?  One game ? I don't know. 

BTW, I hope you and @Southtowner enjoyed last night.  Seems like we win when he travels.  

I think I'm finally unclenched now, and looking forward to Gordonsville in 2 weeks.  Ya'll should come see that one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Varo said:

So I'm just now recovering from last night and going back over some of the posts.  This one stood out to me.  How true @PiRaTe._.MiKe .  I know you've seen enough high school football in your time, and I'm pretty sure you were talking Tiger speed, Corndog defense.  But last night was a good display of both speed/big plays, and stout defense by the Tigers.  Except for the shenanigans on the field, which I agree with someone who mentioned it earlier, the refs let it get way out of hand, the game last night was your typical Fayetteville - Cornersville slug-fest.  Our Tiger team didn't back down and gave them all they wanted.  And after we lost those four impact players, the Team had to dig deep and step up to fill the gaps they left.  We are a relatively young team, lots of sophomores and juniors, and our freshman running back stepped up when he was needed.  That kind of  work mentality is what builds strong programs, not losing their heads and giving up penalties or ejections.  And speaking of that, what are the consequences of getting ejected in h.s. football?  One week suspension?  One game ? I don't know. 

BTW, I hope you and @Southtowner enjoyed last night.  Seems like we win when he travels.  

I think I'm finally unclenched now, and looking forward to Gordonsville in 2 weeks.  Ya'll should come see that one.

Tssaa will reveiw the footage and let you guys know. Depends on punches thrown etc!! 

Edited by Raider2021