AP TOP 10 CLASS 1A SEPT 28, 2020

Southtowner

1 minute ago, lakecounty1968 said:

This poll is more realistic. Not sure of Copper Basin being so high in the AP poll. Still believe Lake County and Huntingdon are the best teams out west and So. Pitt and Gordonsville are the two best teams in the east. So. Pitt should win the 1A title easy this year. Gordonsville is probably the 2nd best team in the state and maybe the only team in 1A to give So. Pitt a game this year.

Not sure about West TN, but I believe Gordonsville will give Pitt a decent game for sure. They will absolutely be tested.

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Not sure about West TN, but I believe Gordonsville will give Pitt a decent game for sure. They will absolutely be tested.

I just think Lake County and Huntingdon are too young this year to compete with So. Pitt both teams are extremely young this year. Last year Lake County and Huntingdon were the two best teams. This year's champion comes from the east.

11 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Also not sure about west TN but sp coaches went to scout Gordy against Trousdale. One of the coaches said Gordy reminded him of Sequatchie Co. Look at the score of sp vs Sequatchie 

5 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Also not sure about west TN but sp coaches went to scout Gordy against Trousdale. One of the coaches said Gordy reminded him of Sequatchie Co. Look at the score of sp vs Sequatchie 

Gordonsville is more on Par with Bledsoe imo. I'd give a slight edge to Bledsoe on offense. I also dont think Sequatchie was that good from I seen from their game with Bledsoe. I think Indian said they had players out Friday so I'm just going off what I saw.

Edited by Imthayeti

2 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

To me it is a mistake to compare scores of games. It's just not a good indicator. Football games are usually about match ups. I do think So. Pitt is a notch better than the other good teams this year. If they don't win the title this year it maybe time to start looking inside the program.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PurplePower68 said:

I'm not knocking Gordonsville. I'm just saying what the coach said when asked about them.

And he could be right bud, I can only gauge what I saw. Gordonsvilles biggest asset was their line on both sides of the ball. Had decent skill players but their line will keep most teams that run the ball low scoring. A passing team would have some success I believe.