AP TOP 10 CLASS 1A SEPT 28, 2020

Southtowner

34 minutes ago, team69 said:

Is it the same guy that told you about the SP kids painting the field house:grin:

Haven't heard about that :roflolk:

Being honest about that it was a very trying time for our kids. They had to deal with a lot of stuff that they shouldn't have had to. Sometimes adults can set some pretty bad examples. I believe some of the stuff was dropped but the main man Coach Mac should've been held more liable. I do believe he got the wheels in motion for it. These guys were coaches on staff but it's not like they were born and raised here. Mac was from Franklin I believe. One coach was from Jasper but had bounced around in school and was known as trouble. The other 2 coaches were from Dunlap and South Pittsburg. It happened on our watch so we have to own it but, its not like a bunch of "Jasper" people did it.

Edited by PurplePower68
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

And he could be right bud, I can only gauge what I saw. Gordonsvilles biggest asset was their line on both sides of the ball. Had decent skill players but their line will keep most teams that run the ball low scoring. A passing team would have some success I believe.

Gordy reminds me of a Sequatchie/Bledsoe mix. I don't think they are as good as Bledsoe but don't think they are as bad as Sequatchie. The key for teams in single A is how do you key on two stud running backs, spy a qb, and cover 2 deep threat and 1 possession receiver on every play? I could be wrong, but I think teams will have to score at least 28 to have a chance in the east side of the playoffs. I'm real curious to see what we do against Meigs. They are nasty up front and I want to see if we can compete with them. Tough game coming up.

5 hours ago, powerp said:

Gordy reminds me of a Sequatchie/Bledsoe mix. I don't think they are as good as Bledsoe but don't think they are as bad as Sequatchie. The key for teams in single A is how do you key on two stud running backs, spy a qb, and cover 2 deep threat and 1 possession receiver on every play? I could be wrong, but I think teams will have to score at least 28 to have a chance in the east side of the playoffs. I'm real curious to see what we do against Meigs. They are nasty up front and I want to see if we can compete with them. Tough game coming up.

We are improved in that position over last year which bodes well for us. If we can match some speed a little we will make it a game. We should be saving this for our thread when it comes. :mrgreen:

8 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

A lot of info floats around. Also heard about who sp is trying to get as HC next year. Would be a great hire for the pirates but some on staff won't be happy.

Next head coach has already been chosen and it’s no secret and he’s on staff. Only one person will decide the next head coach and that’s Vic himself. So you can put them rumors to rest....