Gridiron Scouting Rankings D2

ChuckDSanAntonio

2 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

What improvements do you think they’ve made to make it a game this year?  Seriously curious. They could have brought 10 kids from California for all I know. 

BTW, heard CPA / LA is rescheduled for week after next.  CPA is scheduled to play Ravenwood next Thursday.

Oh, LA 28-0 on Briarcrest at the half.

Edited by BreadTruck28

3 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

What improvements do you think they’ve made to make it a game this year?  Seriously curious. They could have brought 10 kids from California for all I know. 

Serious upgrade at RB.  The rest I would say is 2nd yr in system and the competition...they will play anybody and not scared of any division. 

17 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

Serious upgrade at RB.  The rest I would say is 2nd yr in system and the competition...they will play anybody and not scared of any division. 

Ah, I see now, Maplewood transfer, I think I recall he had 200 yards last year in a game for them as a sophomore.  The defense must be pretty stingy also with all the shutouts.  I'm looking forward to the game in two weeks, glad they re-scheduled instead of a covid win or whatever.  I know Lipscomb fans are also, should be a good one.

9 hours ago, LouPickney said:

FINAL: Father Ryan 14, Ensworth 9.

Good W for the Irish. It's hard to believe Ensworth is winless.  Did they graduate a lot last year?

How about Pope beating MBA last night?  Kenny, the backup QB who is a sophomore, is pretty legit.  Pope is young on both sides of the ball.

2 hours ago, JRB said:

Good W for the Irish. It's hard to believe Ensworth is winless.  Did they graduate a lot last year?

How about Pope beating MBA last night?  Kenny, the backup QB who is a sophomore, is pretty legit.  Pope is young on both sides of the ball.

There were a few surprises last night.  Is there a shift of power going on?  What in the world is going on with that Lipscomb team to blank Briarcrest 42-0?  They weren't expecting that at all.    I'm glad to see the CPA game get rescheduled during the regular season.  JP2 and Father Ryan on the rise?  BA has a good stretch of games coming up s we'll see just how good they are.  JP2 has their tough games in the rear view mirror.  I just hope we can complete the season.  It's been so good for these young men and their communities to play football.

5 minutes ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

There were a few surprises last night.  Is there a shift of power going on?  What in the world is going on with that Lipscomb team to blank Briarcrest 42-0?  They weren't expecting that at all.    I'm glad to see the CPA game get rescheduled during the regular season.  JP2 and Father Ryan on the rise?  BA has a good stretch of games coming up s we'll see just how good they are.  JP2 has their tough games in the rear view mirror.  I just hope we can complete the season.  It's been so good for these young men and their communities to play football.

You beat me to it!  It's BA and McCallie in the East...but who is the choice in the west?  2020 is a shootout in D2AAA.  I've been saying that LA was legit since I watched them play BA game one.  Went in person to see them play JP2.  They are no slouch.  

Ensworth was dominated on defense last night.  Only TD was late in second half and the LB missed the sack.  Father Ryan front 7 is legit.  I heard that Ensworth is young, but so were the Irish.  

Now I really need to see the CPA vs LA!  Glad we got ball back!  Almost worth the drama...lol

3 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Broome selling his kid to LA makes them instantly strong on offense. I guess the Gallatin kid you guys have been driving to school for 2 1/2 years is on the bench now.:blink:

Broome is how you go from losing to JP2 to whipping Briarcrest. 

Deep pockets over there, bud. DEEP...

• 2 weeks later...

and if you believe  CPA is 4th and has lost 2 games on the field (forfeits not going to stand) then you can believe that poll. So far so good and they are getting better each and every game. Will play at Lipscomb this week if Covid allows. The JV which is the 9th graders that I am waiting on is also undefeated. Langston Patterson  is better than his brother at the same time of development and Law is strong at QB with his little brother running the undefeated JV team. I don't believe the poll based on  that one ranking.