HVA 2020 football

Digger20

1 hour ago, WestHigh4Life said:

One of those classic cases where politics is involved...only got the job bc he was a Fulton guy and a Fulton guy became their principal last year. 

Way in over his head plus a school with that many kids should never have any issues with finding talent or fielding a team with anything less than 85 players.

I’ve always thought that HVA was a gold mine waiting to happen with the right guy in place there. They’re successful in just about every other sport but football. Imagine a guy like Bryson Rosser going there? It’s just a matter of time, I think. Well, unless the administration keeps making idiotic decisions like they did with their coach now, which is possible.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

I’ve always thought that HVA was a gold mine waiting to happen with the right guy in place there. They’re successful in just about every other sport but football. Imagine a guy like Bryson Rosser going there? It’s just a matter of time, I think. Well, unless the administration keeps making idiotic decisions like they did with their coach now, which is possible.

Not to ruffle any feathers but I think the same thing could be said about OR. Just food for thought.

• Upvote 1

Their situation can’t all be blamed on Potter. A rash of early season injuries really hurt them, including losing the starting QB for 4 games Not to mention a couple other factors. Their schedule is a TOUGH schedule with only a couple teams under .500. Another, and let’s just be honest, this is not the most talented team HVA has had, probably their worst since the school began. HVA’s issue is they can’t pry away talent from the other West Knox schools. To me and it’s just my opinion, any Coach would be having a tough season there this year.

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Their situation can’t all be blamed on Potter. A rash of early season injuries really hurt them, including losing the starting QB for 4 games Not to mention a couple other factors. Their schedule is a TOUGH schedule with only a couple teams under .500. Another, and let’s just be honest, this is not the most talented team HVA has had, probably their worst since the school began. HVA’s issue is they can’t pry away talent from the other West Knox schools. To me and it’s just my opinion, any Coach would be having a tough season there this year.

Some good points, yes. It’s hard to believe though that a school that big can’t find more talent than they have. But, you’re right, I didn’t see much, if any talent there when OR played them.

Definitely seems like the Hva administration made a huge mistake with this coaching choice.  They literally GAVE a 6a HC job away to someone who had never had a HC job before!!!  Talent may be an issue, but The old HC at HVA ... made something out of nothing, so seems like Potter could do “something...” out first a program that seemed to be in good shape 2 years ago and somehow is facing their first ever ZERO win year.