Classification

BooWhoWiseMan

1 hour ago, sheppy said:

Region 1 > D-B, Jeff Co, Mo East, Science Hill, Bearden  (5)

Region 2 > Farragut, Hardin Valley, Bradley Co, Cleveland, Maryville, Wm. Blount  (6)

Region 3 > Coffee Co, Cookeville, Shelbyville, Warren Co. Blackman, Oakland, Riverdale (7)

Region 4 > Antioch, Cane Ridge, LaVergne, Smyrna, Stewarts Creek, Siegel, Rockvale (7)

Region 5 > Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Lebanon, McGavock (5)

Region 6 > Franklin, Independence, Ravenwood, Summitt, Centennial (5)

Region 7 > Brentwood, Overton, Dickson Co, Clarksville, Rossview, West Creek (6)

Region 8 > Arlington, Bartlett, Collierville, Cordorva, Germantown, Houston, Whitehaven, White Station (8)

49 schools > 11 in East Tennessee / 30 in Middle Tennessee / 8 in West Tennessee

You can move schools around in Regions 3 - 7, but I was trying to group them based on geography and I'm not certain some locations.

So siegel and Oakland that are literally one mile from each other would be in different regions? I doubt it.

16 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

So siegel and Oakland that are literally one mile from each other would be in different regions? I doubt it.

Didn't I say that I wasn't sure about locations? Flip the 2 or 3 most eastern located to Region 3 and leave the western schools to Region 4.

You can put all of the schools in Murfreesboro in Region 3 if you want.

How about having only 4 classes, 73+/- schools in each class.  Then you have the same number of classes as you have for basketball, baseball, softball. 

The problem with that is 4A would go from 1290 to 2800+.  Do what Texas does, split 4A into large and small, 36 or so,  in each class. 

Or leave 73 and have bowl games where both schools and TSSAA get a piece of the gate as well as the sponsor of the bowl game.  Pay ticket sellers/ticket takers off the top, officials off the top, each team gets 30% of the gate, TSSAA  gets 25%, bowl sponsor gets 15%.

Tickets are $5 each for school age and above, no TSSAA/TACA passes allowed, no local teacher passes allowed, give each school 25 tickets to use at their discretion. 

Just a thought!

Edited by sheppy

20 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I think they should go to Region 4 based on geography. They are actually closer to all those schools plus it balances out the regions numbers wise. Just my take. They have been that direction in the past, so it’s just one of those schools that is hard to place since their out there all alone. Geography should trump everything in that situation.

Oh I completely agree. I just thought maybe he had some inside info. 

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Very doubtful...ain’t happening. If they ever split the Murfreesboro schools, Oakland and Siegel would go together to another region.

Edited by sportsguy22

7 minutes ago, wave88 said:

I thought the same thing but they currently already do.  A 5 team and a 4 team making up regions 7 and 8.  
Who knows what they will do and who exactly has representation.

And are all those Memphis schools going to stay in the TSSAA? A lot of rumblings from over there. In my opinion, a region should have at least 5 teams and 6 if at all possible. They should combine those Memphis schools into 1 region. Period. Add another region elsewhere in the midstate where there are many schools.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

And are all those Memphis schools going to stay in the TSSAA? A lot of rumblings from over there. In my opinion, a region should have at least 5 teams and 6 if at all possible. They should combine those Memphis schools into 1 region. Period. Add another region elsewhere in the midstate where there are many schools.

I am completely on board with you on this one.  Even if it means one of those mid state regions is region 7.  30 teams in the mid-state.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, exvol25 said:

CLASS 6A

REGION 3

Blackman, Coffee Co., Cookeville, Oakland, Riverdale, Rockvale, Shelbyville, Siegel, Warren Co.

REGION 7

Arlington, Bartlett, Collierville, Cordova

REGION 8

Germantown, Houston, Whitehaven, White Station

If this happens, that's some ridiculous coddling of Shelby County. It'd be nonsense to split one county into two 4-team regions while cramming 9 teams over a very large area into another. With Memphis dropping from 9 to 8 schools this time and no other schools in West Tennessee, there's no reasonable argument to leave two regions out there again.

It won't happen like the below, but if I were 6A czar I'd do something like the below to try to keep the regions reasonably compact while balancing the numbers . 

Region 1
William Blount High School
Maryville High School
Morristown-Hamblen High School East
Jefferson Co. High School
Science Hill High School
Dobyns Bennett High School
Region 2
Bradley Central High School
Cleveland High School
Bearden High School
Farragut High School
Hardin Valley Academy
Region 3
Hendersonville High School
Lebanon High School
Beech Senior High School
Cane Ridge High School
Gallatin High School
Antioch High School
Cookeville High School
Region 4
Shelbyville Central High School
Riverdale High School
Coffee Co. Central High School
Oakland High School
Warren Co. High School
Rockvale High School
Region 5
Siegel High School
LaVergne High School
Blackman High School
Stewarts Creek High School
Smyrna High School
Region 6
Summit High School
Centennial High School
Franklin High School
Brentwood High School
Ravenwood High School
Independence High School
Region 7
Clarksville High School
Dickson Co. High School
West Creek High School
Rossview High School
John Overton High School
McGavock High School
Region 8
Whitehaven High School
Germantown High School
White Station High School
Houston High School
Arlington High School
Cordova High School
Bartlett High School
Collierville High School

5 hours ago, sheppy said:

Region 1 > D-B, Jeff Co, Mo East, Science Hill, Bearden  (5)

Region 2 > Farragut, Hardin Valley, Bradley Co, Cleveland, Maryville, Wm. Blount  (6)

Region 3 > Coffee Co, Cookeville, Shelbyville, Warren Co. Blackman, Oakland, Riverdale (7)

Region 4 > Antioch, Cane Ridge, LaVergne, Smyrna, Stewarts Creek, Siegel, Rockvale (7)

Region 5 > Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Lebanon, McGavock (5)

Region 6 > Franklin, Independence, Ravenwood, Summitt, Centennial (5)

Region 7 > Brentwood, Overton, Dickson Co, Clarksville, Rossview, West Creek (6)

Region 8 > Arlington, Bartlett, Collierville, Cordorva, Germantown, Houston, Whitehaven, White Station (8)

49 schools > 11 in East Tennessee / 30 in Middle Tennessee / 8 in West Tennessee

You can move schools around in Regions 3 - 7, but I was trying to group them based on geography and I'm not certain some locations.

What about this for Regions 3-7:

Region 3 (5)

Cookeville, Shelbyville, Coffee Co., Warren Co., Rockvale

Region 4 (6)

Riverdale, Oakland, Siegel, Blackman, Stewarts Creek, Smyrna

Region 5 (6)

John Overton, McGavock, Antioch, Cane Ridge, Lavergne, Lebanon

Region 6 (6)

Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Clarksville, West Creek, Rossview

Region 7 (7)

Summit, Centennial, Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Independence, Dickson Co.

This may not be the best with regards to competition/playoff quality, but I think it’s pretty good for geography. It’s hard to tell what will go on with discussions behind closed doors and what teams will potentially decide to play up. Also hard to determine what Shelby Co. schools are going to do, but I personally don’t see them leaving TSSAA.

Thoughts?

7 hours ago, GG22 said:

If this happens, that's some ridiculous coddling of Shelby County. It'd be nonsense to split one county into two 4-team regions while cramming 9 teams over a very large area into another. With Memphis dropping from 9 to 8 schools this time and no other schools in West Tennessee, there's no reasonable argument to leave two regions out there again.

It won't happen like the below, but if I were 6A czar I'd do something like the below to try to keep the regions reasonably compact while balancing the numbers . 

Region 1
William Blount High School
Maryville High School
Morristown-Hamblen High School East
Jefferson Co. High School
Science Hill High School
Dobyns Bennett High School
Region 2
Bradley Central High School
Cleveland High School
Bearden High School
Farragut High School
Hardin Valley Academy
Region 3
Hendersonville High School
Lebanon High School
Beech Senior High School
Cane Ridge High School
Gallatin High School
Antioch High School
Cookeville High School
Region 4
Shelbyville Central High School
Riverdale High School
Coffee Co. Central High School
Oakland High School
Warren Co. High School
Rockvale High School
Region 5
Siegel High School
LaVergne High School
Blackman High School
Stewarts Creek High School
Smyrna High School
Region 6
Summit High School
Centennial High School
Franklin High School
Brentwood High School
Ravenwood High School
Independence High School
Region 7
Clarksville High School
Dickson Co. High School
West Creek High School
Rossview High School
John Overton High School
McGavock High School
Region 8
Whitehaven High School
Germantown High School
White Station High School
Houston High School
Arlington High School
Cordova High School
Bartlett High School
Collierville High School

Well said and well done!! I love it. I would flip Siegel and Rockvale due to geography, but I’m all in...this makes perfect sense!

6 hours ago, eers said:

What about this for Regions 3-7:

Region 3 (5)

Cookeville, Shelbyville, Coffee Co., Warren Co., Rockvale

Region 4 (6)

Riverdale, Oakland, Siegel, Blackman, Stewarts Creek, Smyrna

Region 5 (6)

John Overton, McGavock, Antioch, Cane Ridge, Lavergne, Lebanon

Region 6 (6)

Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Clarksville, West Creek, Rossview

Region 7 (7)

Summit, Centennial, Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Independence, Dickson Co.

This may not be the best with regards to competition/playoff quality, but I think it’s pretty good for geography. It’s hard to tell what will go on with discussions behind closed doors and what teams will potentially decide to play up. Also hard to determine what Shelby Co. schools are going to do, but I personally don’t see them leaving TSSAA.

Thoughts?

Not bad at all...Region 3 would have to be a bit different maybe by adding Riverdale and Blackman and subtracting Cookeville. Then, obviously, whatever region Cookeville is in will be “Region 3”.