Classification

BooWhoWiseMan

17 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

What do you think  5a will look like. I wish mcminn  could've been 5a this year lmbo id love to see them square off with West,Powell or knox central

I think given the schools listed as 5A. I think it will look something like this 

Region 1 

TN High 

Cherokee

Davy Crockett 

Daniel Boone 

Cocke Co 

Mo West

West Ridge

Region 2 

Knox Halls 

Knox Central 

Powell 

Sevier Co

Knox West 

Region  3

Oak Ridge 

Clinton 

Lenoir City 

Anderson Co 

Campbell Co 

Maryville Heritage 

Karns 

Region  4

Rhea Co

Ooltewah 

Walker Valley 

Howard 

McMinn Co 

White Co 

Region 5

Columbia 

Franklin Co 

Page 

Spring Hill 

Nolensville 

Lincoln Co

Region 6

Hunters Lane 

Station Camp 

Springfield 

Portland 

Hillsboro 

Mt Juliet 

Green Hill

Wilson Central 

Region 7 

Northeast

Northwest

Henry Co

Dyer

Kenwood 

Region 8 

Southwind 

Memphis Central

Kingsbury 

Brighton

Mumford

Memphis Overton

I think they could move a couple region 3 teams to region 2 and same for Region 6 to Region 7. Lenoir City could also be kept in the Chattanooga region especially if White Co stays independent. Plus any 4A team that wants to play up like Fulton Carter Gibbs and Seymour did last time around 

Edited by Rhea Co.

1 hour ago, Rhea Co. said:

I think given the schools listed as 5A. I think it will look something like this 

Region 1 

TN High 

Cherokee

Davy Crockett 

Daniel Boone 

Cocke Co 

Mo West

West Ridge

Region 2 

Knox Halls 

Knox Central 

Powell 

Sevier Co

Knox West 

Region  3

Oak Ridge 

Clinton 

Lenoir City 

Anderson Co 

Campbell Co 

Maryville Heritage 

Karns 

Region  4

Rhea Co

Ooltewah 

Walker Valley 

Howard 

McMinn Co 

White Co 

Region 5

Columbia 

Franklin Co 

Page 

Spring Hill 

Nolensville 

Lincoln Co

Region 6

Hunters Lane 

Station Camp 

Springfield 

Portland 

Hillsboro 

Mt Juliet 

Green Hill

Wilson Central 

Region 7 

Northeast

Northwest

Henry Co

Dyer

Kenwood 

Region 8 

Southwind 

Memphis Central

Kingsbury 

Brighton

Mumford

Memphis Overton

I think they could move a couple region 3 teams to region 2 and same for Region 6 to Region 7. Lenoir City could also be kept in the Chattanooga region especially if White Co stays independent. Plus any 4A team that wants to play up like Fulton Carter Gibbs and Seymour did last time around 

Looks like a pretty blatant attempt to limit the Knox schools late in the post season.  Gonna put Central, Powell, and West in the same region?  whatever.

38 minutes ago, guthook said:

Looks like a pretty blatant attempt to limit the Knox schools late in the post season.  Gonna put Central, Powell, and West in the same region?  whatever.

It's done via geography so with those schools being so close they almost have to be in the same region.  Otherwise you would be driving crazy distances to play Region games.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, guthook said:

I don't think it's blatant. It just is what it is. It's all based on geography. Those 3 teams used to be in the same district throughout the late 90s and 2000s.

What will be interesting is if SD, Carter, Fulton, Gibbs, and/or Seymour decide to play up.

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I don't think it's blatant. It just is what it is. It's all based on geography. Those 3 teams used to be in the same district throughout the late 90s and 2000s.

What will be interesting is if SD, Carter, Fulton, Gibbs, and/or Seymour decide to play up.

Do you think they choose to play up? If they do that's a lot of 5a schools in a small area.

9 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

Region 1 

TN High 

Cherokee

Davy Crockett 

Daniel Boone 

Cocke Co 

Mo West

West Ridge

Region 2 

Knox Halls 

Knox Central 

Powell 

Sevier Co

Knox West 

Region  3

Oak Ridge 

Clinton 

Lenoir City 

Anderson Co 

Campbell Co 

Maryville Heritage 

Karns 

Region  4

Rhea Co

Ooltewah 

Walker Valley 

Howard 

McMinn Co 

White Co 

Region 5

Columbia 

Franklin Co 

Page 

Spring Hill 

Nolensville 

Lincoln Co

Region 6

Hunters Lane 

Station Camp 

Springfield 

Portland 

Hillsboro 

Mt Juliet 

Green Hill

Wilson Central 

Region 7 

Northeast

Northwest

Henry Co

Dyer

Kenwood 

Region 8 

Southwind 

Memphis Central

Kingsbury 

Brighton

Mumford

Memphis Overton

In 5a do you think it would make more sense for Springfield to go to that Clarksville region with region 6 having 8 teams and region 7 only having 5? 

15 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I would hope not only due to having to go to Dyer County. My condolences on the loss of the HC radio commentator. 

Dyer County is one of those schools all by itself and it has to be placed in a region obviously. That’s the closest region geographically. In addition, it’s only one trip on one night in a two-year cycle. Not a big deal whatsoever.