Classification

BooWhoWiseMan

10 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Kreager did not drop out any of the Memphis schools. If that does indeed happen, it will change these projections to be sure.

I don't see how they could drop out.  Would they just have a Memphis league?  If so good luck paying for the insurance for that.  As much as we all complain about the TSSAA there are a lot of important things they provide that most don't even think about.  

9 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I'm not sure if they announce before meeting or not? They probably do. I know there is span of time that they give for schools to decide if they are playing up or not.

Yeah I thought the announced the schools in the classes then gave a week or 2 for those wanting to move up and then the regions. 

1 minute ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I don't see how they could drop out.  Would they just have a Memphis league?  If so good luck paying for the insurance for that.  As much as we all complain about the TSSAA there are a lot of important things they provide that most don't even think about.  

Agreed. The director of schools in Shelby County got into a big media spat with the TSSAA and ran his mouth a bunch! Seems like he has dug his feet into this "dropping out" and "forming a Memphis City League" scenario. It's a crazy idea, but it is Memphis. Nothing is off the table.

2 hours ago, exvol25 said:

CLASS 6A

REGION 1

Bearden, Dobyns-Bennett, Farragut, Hardin Valley, Jefferson Co., Morristown East, Science Hill

REGION 2

Bradley Central, Cleveland, Maryville, William Blount

REGION 3

Blackman, Coffee Co., Cookeville, Oakland, Riverdale, Rockvale, Shelbyville, Siegel, Warren Co.

REGION 4

Beech, Clarksville, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Lebanon, Rossview, West Creek

REGION 5

Antioch, Cane Ridge, La Vergne, McGavock, Overton, Smyrna, Stewarts Creek

REGION 6

Brentwood, Centennial, Dickson Co., Franklin, Independence, Ravenwood, Summit

REGION 7

Arlington, Bartlett, Collierville, Cordova

REGION 8

Germantown, Houston, Whitehaven, White Station

cb2d41c7-dca1-4ce9-a8fa-2410531b7e43-fai

CLASS 5A

REGION 1

Cherokee, Cocke Co., Daniel Boone, David Crockett, Morristown West, Tennessee, West Ridge

REGION 2

Heritage, Knoxville Central, Knoxville Halls, Knoxville West, Sevier Co.

REGION 3

Campbell Co., Clinton, Karns, Lenoir City, Oak Ridge, Powell

REGION 4

Howard, McMinn Co., Ooltewah, Rhea Co., Walker Valley

REGION 5

Columbia, Franklin Co., Lincoln Co., Nolensville, Page, Spring Hill, White Co.

REGION 6

Green Hill, Hillsboro, Hunters Lane, Mt. Juliet, Portland, Station Camp, Wilson Central

REGION 7

Dyer Co., Henry Co., Kenwood, Northeast, Northwest, Springfield

REGION 8

Brighton, Kingsbury, Memphis Central, Munford, Overton, Southwind

Interesting. He must have counted less than 300 D1 schools playing football.

Region 1 > D-B, Jeff Co, Mo East, Science Hill, Bearden  (5)

Region 2 > Farragut, Hardin Valley, Bradley Co, Cleveland, Maryville, Wm. Blount  (6)

Region 3 > Coffee Co, Cookeville, Shelbyville, Warren Co. Blackman, Oakland, Riverdale (7)

Region 4 > Antioch, Cane Ridge, LaVergne, Smyrna, Stewarts Creek, Siegel, Rockvale (7)

Region 5 > Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Lebanon, McGavock (5)

Region 6 > Franklin, Independence, Ravenwood, Summitt, Centennial (5)

Region 7 > Brentwood, Overton, Dickson Co, Clarksville, Rossview, West Creek (6)

Region 8 > Arlington, Bartlett, Collierville, Cordorva, Germantown, Houston, Whitehaven, White Station (8)

49 schools > 11 in East Tennessee / 30 in Middle Tennessee / 8 in West Tennessee

You can move schools around in Regions 3 - 7, but I was trying to group them based on geography and I'm not certain some locations.

4 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

How do you know.  Last time they were placed in Region 5

I think they should go to Region 4 based on geography. They are actually closer to all those schools plus it balances out the regions numbers wise. Just my take. They have been that direction in the past, so it’s just one of those schools that is hard to place since their out there all alone. Geography should trump everything in that situation.