Betsy vs Greeneville

BetsyCyclones16

1 hour ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Greeneville has looked good recently....against sub par competition. Pump the brakes on Greeneville though. You don't want to be DB and think you are world beaters after winning against mediocre teams. I personally thought South would be a tougher game for both of us but after last night I see Greeneville vs EHS as the only real game in our conference. EHS has taken a step back in the run game but we are still loaded everywhere else and have one of the best weight programs around. 

Greeneville is still young but has talent. But I don't think they have enough this year to pull off a win..much less 2 (assuming we meet in the playoffs) against a loaded EHS. I look for EHS to win but only by a td or 2 as our games are almost always close. 

Pretty good assessment Track. I would say Greeneville with its youth and growth is where Betsy was 2-3 seasons ago. We (Betsy and Devil fans) also forget That both programs are eons from where they use to be 10-15 years ago when we compare and contrast.

Edited by noonesfool

6 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Pretty good assessment Track. I would say Greeneville with its youth and growth is where Betsy was 2-3 seasons ago. We (Betsy and Devil fans) also forget That both programs are eons from where they use to be 10-15 years ago when we compare and contrast.

Noone Betsy still better not over look the Devils because they may be young but they have play makers.

9 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Greeneville has looked good recently....against sub par competition. Pump the brakes on Greeneville though. You don't want to be DB and think you are world beaters after winning against mediocre teams. I personally thought South would be a tougher game for both of us but after last night I see Greeneville vs EHS as the only real game in our conference. EHS has taken a step back in the run game but we are still loaded everywhere else and have one of the best weight programs around. 

Greeneville is still young but has talent. But I don't think they have enough this year to pull off a win..much less 2 (assuming we meet in the playoffs) against a loaded EHS. I look for EHS to win but only by a td or 2 as our games are almost always close. 

All year we have heard about Betsy taking a step back in the run game. I disagree. If you go by statistics this year team is averaging over a yard more per carry. I believe we are just better balanced. The Boone game was a different beast within itself with 3 of 5 starters out up front. And yet we still found a way with young guys up front to pull it out. I believe our guys are clicking on all cylinders and are only getting better. Greeneville and South will be a tough game, it has been for the past several years in regular season matchup. It’s just the way it is. Hopefully Betsy will continue to show why we are #1, just as Ballard’s teams left know doubt in the past. 

i've stayed off of coacht this year for a good reason and man i wish i could control myself enough to have stayed off this week too but i just couldnt do it. I hope my young, gaining experience devils, who are feeling their oats right now, can continue that for one more week. I'm sure them betsy boys are feeling confident, as well they should be and i hope my boys are feeling more and more confidence within themselves. While the local tv camera crew will  be in this county....albeit at the wrong school, up in Burley, the two best team in NET will be duking it out one more time for conference bragging rights and yet again, a couple of early home games in the playoffs before  possibly seeing eachother again....wouldnt that be great?

54 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

i've stayed off of coacht this year for a good reason and man i wish i could control myself enough to have stayed off this week too but i just couldnt do it. I hope my young, gaining experience devils, who are feeling their oats right now, can continue that for one more week. I'm sure them betsy boys are feeling confident, as well they should be and i hope my boys are feeling more and more confidence within themselves. While the local tv camera crew will  be in this county....albeit at the wrong school, up in Burley, the two best team in NET will be duking it out one more time for conference bragging rights and yet again, a couple of early home games in the playoffs before  possibly seeing eachother again....wouldnt that be great?

BVD there is no way you can stay off coacht when your Devils play my Betsy Cyclones.I hope your doing good and as barb would say I hope we knock the Fire snot out of your Devils...:roflol:

1 minute ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

I had heard most were back from last yr. you guys will be hard to beat because of the whole oline coming back. Up front players typically wins those big games. 

Betsy offensive line is definitely one of there strong points.They have lived in the weight room the last two years and it shows on the field.

• Like 1