Nolensville at Tullahoma

TTownFan50

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29-14 Final.  Tullahoma got the big jump in the first half playing at home on senior night with a region title on the line.  #2 definitely makes their offense go.  Knights did not fold and went toe-to-toe with them in the second half.  Impressed by the sportsmanship and respect shown to each other on the field.  That comes from the parents and coaches.  Good young men out there.

10 hours ago, Knights21 said:

29-14 Final.  Tullahoma got the big jump in the first half playing at home on senior night with a region title on the line.  #2 definitely makes their offense go.  Knights did not fold and went toe-to-toe with them in the second half.  Impressed by the sportsmanship and respect shown to each other on the field.  That comes from the parents and coaches.  Good young men out there.

Could not agree more. Both teams showed respect and played a clean game. Tullahoma did jump out early and Nolensville couldn’t recover. That was the best crowd/atmosphere for Tullahoma all season and they fed off of it early. Good luck next week. It’s another big game for you guys. Maybe both teams will meet again in the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, poe70 said:

Could not agree more. Both teams showed respect and played a clean game. Tullahoma did jump out early and Nolensville couldn’t recover. That was the best crowd/atmosphere for Tullahoma all season and they fed off of it early. Good luck next week. It’s another big game for you guys. Maybe both teams will meet again in the playoffs. 

If a team can give their QB a little time it looks like the backend of the defense is the weak link for this team?  I know teams haven't been able to do that consistently but If they can it could be trouble?

Just asking.  You seem like you know Tullahoma pretty well.

2 hours ago, Cakeman said:

If a team can give their QB a little time it looks like the backend of the defense is the weak link for this team?  I know teams haven't been able to do that consistently but If they can it could be trouble?

Just asking.  You seem like you know Tullahoma pretty well.

Yes, I have a son who plays on this team. So, I will give my opinion. I would not say this team has a weak link. To me, it is more about the flow of the game. Tullahoma went up 22-0 at the half and in my opinion I think the 2nd half was more about keeping plays in front of them. Most of the passing yards came in the 2nd half. Nolensville didn’t move the ball that well in the 1st half. The best passing team Tullahoma has faced so far this year was Marshall County. Tullahoma shut them down. Was that just an early game before everyone got rolling or is Tullahoma really that good on D? Like Scott said, sure it could be a problem if the QB has all day to throw the whole game. Most teams will have a problem covering guys for 7-8 seconds. When the game is in question, I am not sure the QB is going to have that much time against this defense. Just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, ScottShasteen said:

Tullahoma's secondary is a ball-hawking group that lowers the boom on receivers. The linebackers and defensive line seldom give a QB time to find open receivers. Sure, it could be trouble if the Wildcats run into a great passing team. Is there a great passing team out there?

Betsy is a great passing team if we get to play.