Mr. Football Candidates!

FridayMainEvent

2 hours ago, CocaColaMan said:

Friday Main Event???? When do the the candidates get posted officially? Will you list them here on this forum?? 

Content of my Email:

For the 14th consecutive year, the Tennessee Titans continue to serve as the title sponsor for the Mr. Football Awards. The TSSAA is very appreciative of the generosity of the Titans' organization for their financial support of these awards and for its wide-ranging support of student-athletes across our state.

TSSAA will announce five semi-finalists for each class in addition to the Kicker of the Year on the TSSAA website. The three finalists for each award will be unveiled by Mike Keith in a live video event on the Titans website at TitansOnline.com on November 17.

Due to continued concerns and precautions in place regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, for the first time the awards ceremony will be held after the BlueCross Bowl. The finalists and the winners in each category will be recognized at the Tennessee Titans Mr. Football awards presentation on Tuesday, December 8.

You are asked to nominate up to three players in each classification for the Mr. Football Award. You are also asked to nominate three players, regardless of classification, for the Mr. Football Kicker of the Year award. It is not necessary to select three players for each award, but that is your option. If you feel an individual player is one of the top three players in both categories, then you may list him in both.

These votes are a nominating process only. A selection committee will meet to choose the Mr. Football Award winners.

In order for your ballot to be counted, it must be submitted no later than FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30. Please take some time, discuss this with your staff and fill out the online ballot. Thank you for your help in honoring Tennessee's finest.

Edited by FridayMainEvent

On 10/20/2020 at 9:24 AM, tigerpride22 said:

I think Lexington has two legitimate candidates:

• Kicker: Connor Wood - 33/34 XPs, 6/8 FGs long of 53 yds.  40/46 KO for touchbacks. (67 yd avg with 4.0g sec hangtime avg).  Set his his school record longest FG and 5th all time in TSSAA in career FGs made.

• RB: Isaiah McClaine - 1430 yds and 13 TDs.  178.75 yds per game, 9.2 yds per carry. Only a Sophomore 

Those 2 players have definitely made a case. Those numbers are against pretty good competition also.

58 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Content of my Email:

For the 14th consecutive year, the Tennessee Titans continue to serve as the title sponsor for the Mr. Football Awards. The TSSAA is very appreciative of the generosity of the Titans' organization for their financial support of these awards and for its wide-ranging support of student-athletes across our state.

TSSAA will announce five semi-finalists for each class in addition to the Kicker of the Year on the TSSAA website. The three finalists for each award will be unveiled by Mike Keith in a live video event on the Titans website at TitansOnline.com on November 17.

Due to continued concerns and precautions in place regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, for the first time the awards ceremony will be held after the BlueCross Bowl. The finalists and the winners in each category will be recognized at the Tennessee Titans Mr. Football awards presentation on Tuesday, December 8.

You are asked to nominate up to three players in each classification for the Mr. Football Award. You are also asked to nominate three players, regardless of classification, for the Mr. Football Kicker of the Year award. It is not necessary to select three players for each award, but that is your option. If you feel an individual player is one of the top three players in both categories, then you may list him in both.

These votes are a nominating process only. A selection committee will meet to choose the Mr. Football Award winners.

In order for your ballot to be counted, it must be submitted no later than FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30. Please take some time, discuss this with your staff and fill out the online ballot. Thank you for your help in honoring Tennessee's finest.

Thank you F.M.E. Remember to take a look at Region 7 3 A   number 11 Quarterback Landon Lambert from South Gibson County High School.  He was 4th in all regions in our area for rushing with 843 yard and over 400 yards passing  with  16 combined Touchdowns. Week 10 game with Franklin Road Academy got canceled so this is where he is stat wize.

32 minutes ago, CocaColaMan said:

Thank you F.M.E. Remember to take a look at Region 7 3 A   number 11 Quarterback Landon Lambert from South Gibson County High School.  He was 4th in all regions in our area for rushing with 843 yard and over 400 yards passing  with  16 combined Touchdowns. Week 10 game with Franklin Road Academy got canceled so this is where he is stat wize.

Yes sir.  We'll look at all kids recommended to us and make what we feel is the most deserving nominations.   It's always very tough to narrow it down to 3 per class.   I feel sorry for the guys that make the final decision and make the cut down to one.   Basically our job is to give them the best to consider.   We don't make the final decision. 

Edited by FridayMainEvent

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate everyones input to help us with our nominations:

2020 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Semifinalists

DIVISION I, CLASS 1A
Hunter Frame, South Pittsburg
Kyler Parker, Moore County
Kolbi Stewart, Huntland
Jared Stone, South Pittsburg
Kaden White, Moore County

DIVISION I, CLASS 2A
Blake Carroll, Lewis County
Khalik Ganaway, Peabody
Will Meadows, Meigs County
Kolby Morgan, Oneida
Luke Myers, South Greene

DIVISION I, CLASS 3A
Anthony Brown, Milan
Grey Carroll, Alcoa
Isaiah Cox, Alcoa
Martino Owens, Pearl Cohn
Ty Simpson, Westview

DIVISION I, CLASS 4A
Axel Aldino, DeKalb County
Troy Parker Hughes, Elizabethton
Rivers Hunt, Hardin County
Bryson Rollins, Elizabethton
Jakobe Thomas, Tullahoma

DIVISION I, CLASS 5A
Kalib Fortner, Knoxville Central
Jermarcus Johnson, Henry County
Prince Kollie, David Crockett
Jordyn Potts, Powell
Destin Wade, Summit

DIVISION I, CLASS 6A
Raymond Banner, LaVergne
Jake Briningstool, Ravenwood
Jaxson Campbell, Independence
Jalen Hunt, McMinn County
C.J. Taylor, Warren County

DIVISION II, CLASS A
Jon Lewis, DCA
Na’Kelin McAfee, King’s Academy
A.J. Quinn, Davidson Academy
Aaron Smith, Jackson Christian
Griffin Swinea, Davidson Academy

DIVISION II, CLASS AA
Jackson Bradley, Knoxville Webb
Alex Broome, Lipscomb Academy
James Dunn, CAK
Langston Patterson, CPA
Dietrick Pennington, ECS

DIVISION II, CLASS AAA
Michael Dallas, Briarcrest
B.J. Harris, McCallie
Dallan Hayden, CBHS
Elijah Howard, Baylor
D.C. Tabscott, Father Ryan

KICKER OF THE YEAR
Upton Bellenfant, Stewarts Creek
Bryson Flynn, Gatlinburg-Pittman
Teagen Lenderink, Brentwood Academy
Trey Turk, Oakland
Connor Wood, Lexington

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I appreciate everyones input to help us with our nominations:

2020 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Semifinalists

DIVISION I, CLASS 1A
Hunter Frame, South Pittsburg
Kyler Parker, Moore County
Kolbi Stewart, Huntland
Jared Stone, South Pittsburg
Kaden White, Moore County

DIVISION I, CLASS 2A
Blake Carroll, Lewis County
Khalik Ganaway, Peabody
Will Meadows, Meigs County
Kolby Morgan, Oneida
Luke Myers, South Greene

DIVISION I, CLASS 3A
Anthony Brown, Milan
Grey Carroll, Alcoa
Isaiah Cox, Alcoa
Martino Owens, Pearl Cohn
Ty Simpson, Westview

DIVISION I, CLASS 4A
Axel Aldino, DeKalb County
Troy Parker Hughes, Elizabethton
Rivers Hunt, Hardin County
Bryson Rollins, Elizabethton
Jakobe Thomas, Tullahoma

DIVISION I, CLASS 5A
Kalib Fortner, Knoxville Central
Jermarcus Johnson, Henry County
Prince Kollie, David Crockett
Jordyn Potts, Powell
Destin Wade, Summit

DIVISION I, CLASS 6A
Raymond Banner, LaVergne
Jake Briningstool, Ravenwood
Jaxson Campbell, Independence
Jalen Hunt, McMinn County
C.J. Taylor, Warren County

DIVISION II, CLASS A
Jon Lewis, DCA
Na’Kelin McAfee, King’s Academy
A.J. Quinn, Davidson Academy
Aaron Smith, Jackson Christian
Griffin Swinea, Davidson Academy

DIVISION II, CLASS AA
Jackson Bradley, Knoxville Webb
Alex Broome, Lipscomb Academy
James Dunn, CAK
Langston Patterson, CPA
Dietrick Pennington, ECS

DIVISION II, CLASS AAA
Michael Dallas, Briarcrest
B.J. Harris, McCallie
Dallan Hayden, CBHS
Elijah Howard, Baylor
D.C. Tabscott, Father Ryan

KICKER OF THE YEAR
Upton Bellenfant, Stewarts Creek
Bryson Flynn, Gatlinburg-Pittman
Teagen Lenderink, Brentwood Academy
Trey Turk, Oakland
Connor Wood, Lexington

Just looking at 3A those are 5 studs!!  Grey Carroll is probably the most well know along with Simpson but Simpson doesn’t play on a great team so probably won’t win it. Anthony Brown is having a breakout year and Martino Owens is a straight up baller. Would be special if those 2 met up in the semis. Congrats to all the kids selected. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Just looking at 3A those are 5 studs!!  Grey Carroll is probably the most well know along with Simpson but Simpson doesn’t play on a great team so probably won’t win it. Anthony Brown is having a breakout year and Martino Owens is a straight up baller. Would be special if those 2 met up in the semis. Congrats to all the kids selected. 

Shut up.  You Westview people better keep this Simpson boy close.  Big Purple bowel movement will get a bus route in Martin to bring him to Milan.  I garuntee you I aint joking either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

Shut up.  You Westview people better keep this Simpson boy close.  Big Purple bowel movement will get a bus route in Martin to bring him to Milan.  I garuntee you I aint joking either. 

They already have buses going to Jackson they may as well go to Martin also!!